Pseudoscience Moderator Voting - Second Try

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by goofyfish, May 6, 2004.

?

Who Should Moderate Pseudoscience?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Dr Lou Natic

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Stryderunknown

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. Persol

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. sargentlard

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. SkinWalker

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Votorx

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. None Of The Above

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

yes yes your right goofyfish it will be a sign again that like amercians people here only vote on without thinking.

(Q),

I could not agree with you more, who ever we elect this will be more of a punishment then a privileges. See Stryderunknown I’m trying to save you rather then hurt you!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

That is what is happening here Vrob. He now has 11 votes, and I can bet you, there have been votes by these trolls with multiple accounts.

I mean seriousy, which honest and decent people would vote for someone who thinks the discussion of anything that doesn't conform with their viewpoint, to be bullshit, and should be closed or deleted, and brags about how many votes they got. This is a joke.

I guess it's also very ironic, that so many new members have joined this forum since yesterday, and if you review the entire member list, you will see so many members who have post counts below 10, and ridiciulous names.

Now, we all know how, every single time, something you want, ends up being wanted by the "majority" just use all those accounts you've set up in the past, and set-up new ones, just so you can cast a vote on a poll. Disgusting, desperate and cheap.

Last edited: May 7, 2004
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Then go away, Mikey. Quit torturing yourself.
    You've been here for 2 months or so and think
    you understand the dynamics? That's the joke.

:m: Peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

I have a better idea Goofy, why don't you just make him moderator, and end this charade. At least people can see that some of us are right, that this forum is a dictatorship and has no tolerance or respect for views that do not accord with their own, and that does absolutely anything it wants. Like even support for self-confessed racist moderators, when 55 disapprove of them.

These polls are nothing but popularity contests to enforce something you want, and when the popular opinion is in favour of something you don't want, you set-up multiple accounts, and vote on the poll. Just so that you can say "it was democratic" I am too smart to fall for that.

8. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

All forums are a dictatorship. You are fortunate that this one is benign.
    How else do explain the level of shit we are taking from you? You have been
    a source of irritation to many here, yet we continue to tolerate you. Why do
    you suppose that is? Are we masochists that enjoy the abuse from you?

(Insert conspiratorial plot line here, Mikey.)

As is the case with all of your posts - you ignore facts presented by others,
    and focus only on statements which you believe support your cause. It has
    been explained to you by several members how the nomination process and
    the poll is set up. The closing date of the poll is there for everyone to see,
    but you are blind the facts because you enjoy playing the forum's martyr.

Quit bleating your non-sensical complaints. It is boring.

9. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

You know what, start a topic called "Should crazymikey be banned" so that you have the democratic motion to do something you want to do, then use all your multiple accounts(10 trolls, each with 5 accounts = 50 ) Porfiry wants me gone, he always has, and he's not done it, simply because I don't deserve to be banned, and people would be furious.

Yet, I challege him to do it, because I want people to see, that we are right about this forum. Most people will tell you, that I am sensible, and I am always interjecting news ideas, and having discussions with all, of my 1043 posts, many of them are very informative posts, and offer something. I also never insult people without being provoked. As opposed to the people you say have been irritated, that have non-stop, insulted me and others, and simply posted to condemn our beliefs. You don't have a leg to stand on Goofyfish. If I deserve to be banned, that would mean more than half of this forum, should be banned.

Simply because I believe in aliens and I am trying my best to present you evidence, gives you people the green light to insult me. I am the one tolerating you here. You have been so abusive, that had you been in front of me, I would have been using more than words. It's so ironic, when the criminals talk about justice. What a total joke.

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

None of us use muliple accounts to vote more then once, we have morals you know. That and the moderators/adm. would know. Porfity does not banish you because you have not pissed him off enough yet. Why we haven't called for your banishment yet is beyond me.

11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

*cough*proxies*cough*

anyway taunting the owner crazymikey

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

You don't have to deserve it, Mikey. If this is the dictatorship that you claim it is, and remember that you and I agree that it is, you could just be gone. Why aren't you Mikey? Because we have a sense of what's right and wrong despite what you say, or is it because:

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Don't challenge too hard, crazymikey. If you wish hard enough, sometimes your wish can come true.

14. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

That's the loophole, goofyfish, if you ban me, when you know it is wrong, then it will prove that you are the dictatorship some of us accuse you off to all, yet by keeping me here, I am going to speak out against what I consider "wrong" and I think insulting people for their views, making moderators out of people who are prejudiced, highly negative or want to ban discussion of views that do not conform with them - is wrong; and guess what? I am going to speak against it.

If you ban me, It will prove my point to everyone, and just knowing that, is going to be a victory for me, and I will just migrate to another forum, that doesn't just call itself an intelligent community, but, IS an intelligent community and shows it.

As I said before, if you treat the people who liven up your community, like shit; they will just go elsewhere. Like Zonabi, who is also sick and tired of what is happening here and leaving. Yet, I tried to stop him, foolishly telling him, that things are going to change for the better here. You ban me, and many here are going to have it confirmed, and will leave, or just cut down posting. Why? Because they know I don't deserve to be banned, and even when you admit it yourself, "it would be wrong to ban me" then it leaves nothing to the imagination that you have done wrong.

15. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Banning you will not prove this is a dictatorship. That fact is a given; it's admitted.
    So now you have to explain why you are still here - why previous calls to ban
    irritaing members have never succeeded, why a call to ban a moderator is actually
    very close to succeeding. Could it be because we live by our word, or is it:

16. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

By the way, Mikey, it's bad form to edit your post after others have responded.
    It makes it look like you've got something to hide; like you're being shifty.

17. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

I did not see your response, and I am constantly editing my posts, because I am very prone to typing errors or missing out words.

18. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Possibly true - but in this case, your did not just make grammatical changes.
    In this instance, you substanitally changed your post - as I said: bad form.

19. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Looking for a response to my question, Mikey..
    Or will you continue to evade answering it?

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Question:

Can one nominee hand over their votes to another nominee if they wish to support that other nominee?

21. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

I think that might invalidate the voter's wish, as they might not agree with the givers choice.

:m: Peace.

22. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Until otherwise demonstrated via proof, we must assume the negative.
    Any proposal without said demonstation is therefore false.

In any context, the definition is

EDIT:

For Christ's sake, ban him, Porfiry.

23. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Goofyfish, are you able to see the voters or their IPs? Or is it possible to edit the poll to a "public" poll in order ensure to mikey that alternate screennames aren't being employed. He raises a valid point on that. It seems safe to assume that screennames with a handful of posts are not representative of the Sciforums and are, in some likelihood, alter-egos.

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.