Proof of any Eastern Religion?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by John J. Bannan, Jun 27, 2007.

1. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Wanting to teach is a craving of the ego.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Not if you are willing to die in order for your message to survive and help the biggest amount of people.

And yes, it is a craving of the ego in the case of the people who want recognition for their work. But as far as I can tell, dying is not a hint of wanting other people’s recognition.

If Jesus would have had an ego, and taught others because of his ego, then he would have escaped the crucifixion, and he would have gone elsewhere to do the teaching.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Jesus' message included his own death. He was a sacrifice. His ego caused his own death.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I will give you some examples on how to recognize people with an ego in these subject:

- People that only tell you things you want to hear.
    - People that try to have everyone to like him in order to feel better.
    - People that follow other people rules and beliefs in order to be recognized later by them and other followers of the same movement.
    - People that judge and convict everyone that goes against what they believe in.
    - People that discriminate others.

- Most importantly, people that don´t want to die, or/and are afraid of death.

Do you think any of these describe Jesus?

8. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Here, I got proof that Jesus used to practice for getting rid of his ego:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It certainly could be. On the other hand, he could have said what he said out of compassion, since people were coming to him looking for help.

10. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Jesus didn't sit in one place letting people come to him. Jesus went out and visited different places trying to bring people to him. The good shepherd.

11. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

The picture is pretty funny. Where did you get that Buddhist propaganda?

12. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I just wrote: "Jesus meditating", in google images.

Remember, Jesus went to meditate 40 days without food or water. How do you think he meditated?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Are you abandoning the original intention of this thread? It's most likely that Jesus had no knowledge of Buddhist thought or practice.

14. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

The purpose of Jesus teachings was not for people to "come to him". But to bring a higher truth to a wretched society, to "fix it" a little bit.
    That is a selfless act, he didn´t ask for money when healing people, and he told the people that he healed to keep silence about who healed them. So he didn´t ask for money, or even recognition of anyone.

15. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Jesus probably meditated by banging his head against a wall like the modern orthodox Jews in Israel. Jesus is part of the original intention of this thread, because we are discussing how Jesus is really a Buddhist. Jesus did not try to fix a wretched society. He was all about preparing the people for the heavenly Kingdom of God. The messianic secret was not because he was modest - it was because it wasn't yet time for the authorities to find out about his claims and put him to death.

16. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I agree, but isn´t that a self-less motive?

Who said anything about being modest?

And even if the authorities found out, he had the time to run away, but he didn´t.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Jesus was known to have meditated like the Essenes, he went out to the desert with minimal food and clothing and lived like a hermit.

18. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Gosh, do you think these people you gave as examples had big egos or damaged ones? They sound like they lack self-confidence.

19. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

No such thing as self-confidence in a self-less being. But they are also the most blissfull of all people.

20. VitalOne Banned Banned

There is no such thing as a Buddhist or Christian or Hindu, etc...there is only a such thing as the truth, the actual truth, the way things really are, how reality really is, the reason that Buddha, Jesus, Krishna, Lao Tzu and others have so much similarity in their teachings is because they had known the actual truth and were preaching it to mankind...encoded in their teachings is the truth, and there is nothing greater than the truth...for those who discover the truth, there is the kingdom, unlimited freedom, power, and happiness....

21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Hey this was good

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

no no no - maybe one life my dear one life

23. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I say don´t discredit that which you don´t know, don´t ask for current proof, just leave it as a possiblity, that mentality can do wonders for you