Problem of gravitons and black holes

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Ultron, Sep 28, 2016.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, I'm evading nothing, rather you are being contrary, for reasons I could hazard a guess at.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I said by the way, in part......

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The God Valued Senior Member

If the future QGT will abolish singularity, that means all the work on singularity done so far is nonsense? You agree that concept of singularity is non sense?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Science unlike you, is a discipline in continued progress.
    If a future QGT eliminates the point singularity, the BH does not disappear.
    Perhaps we may be witness to evidence for worm holes, ERB's at the BH core!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The God Valued Senior Member

You made a statement that singularity will be abolished. It suggests that singularity is bad. So at least abandon it forthright, why wait for QGT? And let's not talk about the capabilities of something which is not known yet. Let QGT come, till then, no point talking it will abolish singularity and create some other ....rity.

8. The God Valued Senior Member

You are evading after making a claim..is singularity nonsense requiring abolishing?

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I talk about what we observe...BH's gravitational waves, redshift, expanding universe, curved spacetime, everything that you have denied.

That will of course continue and be modified according to new observations and evidence.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I'm only evading your nonsense.

11. The God Valued Senior Member

You claimed that singularity will be abolished. So is singularity a nonsense requiring abolishing?

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

"The point is that most cosmologists/physicists do not believe that will ever be reached, rather that a future QGT will abolish it.
    In any respect, the BH exists as evidenced, and a future QGT should eliminate the singularity".

13. The God Valued Senior Member

So one last time before I conclude that you are evading..do you agree that concept of BH singularity is nonsense?

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

What you conclude matters SFA to academia, accepted scientific theory, and/or this forum.
    That my friend is the situation!

15. The God Valued Senior Member

So you claim that singularity will be abolished, but you don't admit that singularity concept is bad. Thats evading.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And your trolling.

17. river

The God said:

No he is not pad .

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So says river who has no peers about the god who is never wrong!

Wow! That's a double whammy!

19. river

Well pad ?

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

http://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com/topics_blackholes_singularities.html

"The existence of a singularity is often taken as proof that the theory of general relativity has broken down, which is perhaps not unexpected as it occurs in conditions where quantum effects should become important. It is conceivable that some future combined theory of quantum gravity (such as current research into superstrings) may be able to describe black holes without the need for singularities, but such a theory is still many years away".
    Again,
    "The point is that most cosmologists/physicists do not believe that will ever be reached, rather that a future QGT will abolish it.
    In any respect, the BH exists as evidenced, and a future QGT should eliminate the singularity".

21. The God Valued Senior Member

So, what is stopping you from admitting that singularity is nonsensical?

Why wait for QGT, why not dump the singularity now? These cosmologists, who as per you, say that singularity will never reach, should redefine the black hole. Have they? Singularity is an integral or rather THE part of a Black Hole. If you say singularity will be abolished then what? An object inside Event Horizon?

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You are so funny [funny peculiar, not funny haha

]
    You see my friend, despite your buffoonery claims of "never being wrong" and your always continuence avoidance of questions and requests for links and citations supporting your nonsense claims, the status quo remains as is.
    Your first question has been answered many times...
    In any respect, the BH exists as evidenced, and a future QGT should eliminate the singularity"

23. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

I don't assume that in any way, I'm claiming the exact opposite. You posted the following in defense of the idea that gravity did not need to travel faster than c in order to escape a black hole because the gravity surrounding that black hole can be determined by its properties before it is created.
    To which I responded
    It is contradictory to say that 1) all future behavior of the gravity field surrounding a black hole cannot be determined by its properties before creation and also that 2) gravity does not need to propagate faster than c to escape the black hole.

I believe we would all say that #1 is reasonable. The effort to justify #2, however (i.e. the portion in red), is not compatible with #1.