Pro-lifers, explain your perspective for me please

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by visceral_instinct, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightgigantic Banned Banned

governing both a universe and the multitudes of living entities for a start

so IOW once we understand the values you have in place for a given, we can understand the issues of responsibility at hand

so it would kind of silly to expect you to take responsibility for opening a can with a kitchen knife when you had the intention of slicing carrots with it?
    yes

the triple 0 omni god
    (omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Origionaly posted by cluelusshusbund
    Which God do you bow down to.??? ”

I guess thats the Holey-Bible God.!!!

What does he take responsibility for.??? ”

Does he take responsibility for creatin humans in such a way that falure was inevitable.???

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I tend to draw closer to the vedas actually

like a kitchen knife is a failure for opening a can?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Origionaloy posted by cluelusshusbund
    Does he take responsibility for creatin humans in such a way that falure was inevitable.???

Not that i know of... but does God take responsibility for creatin humans in such a way that falure was inevitable.???

8. lightgigantic Banned Banned

its not clear what failure you are talking about

(BTW you might wanna hold back on the religious questioning, since some mods don't like certain things to be discussed, even in the free thoughts forum)

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

O... that God intentionaly created humans in such a way that mos of 'em woud fale/sin an wind up in hell.!!!

10. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I don't come from a discipline that establishes hell as eternal ... or even that a majority of the living entities are housed in the material universe

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

What is the purpos of the hell you beleive in.???

12. lightgigantic Banned Banned

much like that of a jail or any other system of punishment ... in the sense that it operates as part of a greater society as opposed to being something independent or isolated from it

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I don't have to ask - I have lots of well documented behavior to draw conclusions from, including the easily observed fact that if a three month pregnancy is ectopic, or miscarries, or dies in the womb, it has never been and will not be treated as a child is treated, dead or alive - by the mother or anyone else.

The only time a three month embryo is a living human child is when a woman wants to abort her pregnancy.

Just compare failure rates by the same criteria for all strategies, apples to apples, see if you get the same numbers the pros get.
    That connection is beyond your knowledge, expertise, wisdom, or just powers, to establish.
    Your invention there is a bit self-contradictory, as well as reality deprived - it might work better if it answered to reason. As would the moral reality you pretend to subscribe to, when you wish to impose it on others.

14. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I guess apples and oranges forget condoms at the rate of 100%
    Not everyone requires roofies

well golly, if that's what you believe its just gotta be true, mustn't it?
    :shrug:

15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Why does God punish humans which he intentionaly created defective.???

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

whats the intentional defect?

17. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Running a waste management system through the middle of a recreational area.

18. lightgigantic Banned Banned

or alternatively, we are the ones who are insisting on running a recreational area in a waste management system

19. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Since it was well desinged for recreation it would be cavalier not to use it thusly.

20. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Ah, the "Intelligent Design" argument! I knew it would come up sooner or later.

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    Why does God punish humans which he intentionaly created defective.???

For 1... morals so poor that som adults sesually abuse children.!!!

The religous questons have to do wit understandin the "Pro-life" position... but If Enmos interfears i will start a new thred an continue on wit the sam questons... no biggy... then we will have anuther thred about understandin the the Pro-life perspective.!!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  22. lightgigantic Banned Banned

It was designed for recreation?
    what on earth makes you think that?

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

This is headed right down the highway of the role of free will in a universe that offers both punishment and reward .... IOW its the very nature of being an (infinitesimal) individual that one choose certain types of association and in turn be influenced by those choices.

IOW if we didn't have the opportunity to make bad choices we wouldn't have the opportunity to make choices at all (so even a good act would be meaningless).

Kind of like suppose someone walks into a bank and in the process of opening the door he accidentally knocks out a bank robber who had just killed 10 people. You wouldn't expect them to receive a national award. Similarly if a big giant picked you up and used you as a club to start beating children, its not like you would be liable for an indictment of child abuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.