Printer cartridge frustration

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Facial, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Facial Valued Senior Member

My black cartridge from my printer seems to run out fast. This brings up the additional vexation that the color cartridge isn't running out at all.

Are there any programs that allow me to override the stupid printer's error message when in actuality it still has black ink inside of it?

Or programs that emulate some dark color in place of the black?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Yes, you can pick up a doo-dad that'll reset your cartridges ink spray counter to zero - effectively telling it its a new cartridge. Contrary to popular believe the chips on these things only count the number of sprays produced by the nozzle, not the actual volume of ink remaining inside the thing.

Wipe the counter and you're cartridge thinks its new.

you'll have to do you're own digging I'm afraid, it's late and Snake Eater a-calls me. Sneak, sneak, kill, kill....

Run search sweep for the following term - How to reset a (insert make and model number here) ink cartridge to zero - and y'should pick up on something somewhere.

I know there's actually a chippy wiper device, used to be available from Maplins... can't for the life of me remember the proper name for the think, but they are out there. Wiping the counter is all you have to do.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Facial Valued Senior Member

Thanks

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. No worries, hope you find something to sort the problem out. Thing is what you need is out there, it's just a question of digging around a bit.

Best,

A

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.