Pot To Be Legalized In Vote In Alaska!

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Eluminate, Aug 19, 2004.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Who do you think controls the illegal drug trade? Who do you think will control the same drugs if they are legaized? What makes you think many people won't add things into those drugs and sell them to those who can't buy them because of their ages? Who is it that is going to suffer when they become addicts and can't stop taking drugs? Who pays for the problems these people will do when they are high?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Legal or semilegal pot seems to work quite well in countries such as the netherlands. Would Alaska be any different?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Pot, despite its harmless reputation, ruins lives. I won't hear any different.
    However legallising it won't make this problem any worse, so I don't care.
    Actually it might become less serious. Pot being illegal makes people smoke more of it for longer than they would if it was completely legal without a taboo air about it.
    If it was just completely accepted most people would eventually say "hey all this shit does lately is make me paranoid and give me a dry mouth, I'll stop wasting money on it". But people tend to persevere beyond that now because its more than just a drug, its a rebellious lifestyle.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

...and then there are those of us who just happen to prefer weed to alcohol.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace.

8. I worked part time at Tom Thumb and every time I sold alcohol I carded the individual even if they were forty years old because I did not want to get fined for serving to a minor. Those kinds of laws protect people of all ages. The kids who are doing drugs are doing them right now with no quality control. Let’s make it in the businesses best interest not to sell to children. I do not particularly care who controls the market but I assure you that a lot of the methamphetamine is small independent manufacturers.

9. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Pot, despite its harmless reputation, ruins lives.

So err How long do I have to wait? I've been smoking 20 years already and my life still seems to be improving. Oh no I'm on a downer now. Destruction is just around the corner, it's just a matter of time the faux doctor sez so so I guess it must be true.

I won't hear any different.

On that, at least, you are correct Lou

there are those of us who just happen to prefer weed to alcohol.

Your not alone there Goofy
    Dee Cee

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

What does that have to do with marijuana? You see? This is the problem right there. One starts talking about marijuana and all of a sudden the associations with drugs begin to crop up. One can't consider the pros and cons of marijuana must consider the whole family of drugs into which marijuana has been forcibly joined.

Error in judgement. Big error in judgement. But, one that is pushed by means of propaganda so it's not entirely your fault.

11. It was implied that marijuana was controlled by corporate interest. I do not know that minor growers control marijuana production but I do know for a fact that methamphetamine manufacture is. Methamphetamine manufacture is a much more labor-intensive process so if independent producers control it then it would make sense that minor produces would also dominate marijuana growing which has been my limited experience. I agree with you that each drug is unique but I think that their production and distribution have much similarity.

12. draqon Banned Banned

I LOVE ALASKA

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

really?
    those aren't just statistics, those are cold hard facts.
    i gaurentee you that if marijuana is legalized in alaska that it will not be long till the general potency will increase. that alone proves that people do indeed move up to bigger, better things,

14. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Another thought I have is things like Pot, Lsd etc led to a huge uprising of citizens who wanted change a reform..I.e. progress. Now if if the government doesnt want its citizens protesting all the time and god forbid using their brains and they make a connection to pot and lsd, just make them illegal and problem solved right? right, These drugs are synonimous with the 60's and the movements they caused, thats why the only "drug" thats legal is alchohol, have you ever seen anyone have a vigorous political debate or protest while drunk? I havent, at least not one thats intelligent. Alchohol makes you revert to the most base of human instincts F*cking and fighting, but people are content with this type of escape and our government knows people need an escape. So why not make it the one that makes us all morons.

Granted pot "can" make you stupid as well. ...or just lazy and hungry =p