Played fable???

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by skaught, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Fallout 3

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

I loved the NPCs in Fable I (+ their varying accents!), but I think the character progression was a little flawed. Not tried II.

Re: Fallout 3 - awesome game, if you're not sick of Oblivion, but Liam Neeson's voice as 'the perfect father' was a bit annoying.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

BTW, i agee that 8 wasnt there best work, it was so limited compared to the others. however 7 part 2 serpent island was one of my favorites, 7 part 1 wasnt to bad either. it pisses me off that they are still there but i can never play them. how much would it really take to patch them so like 6 and below they work under windows

8. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

I <3 Liam Neeson. He's yummy, and his voice is nice.

KOTOR was a good game, but I disagree with nietzschefan on Mass Effect. I didn't feel like I was on rails in Mass Effect. There is a lot of side stuff.

I don't feel like FO3 is lacking considerable game play and plot. There is just so much to do, and so many things to explore and mold if you have the creativity to do it. I think it's such a great game, and I think I like it over Oblivion because I'm more Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk than I am Medieval/Fantasy. I could never immerse myself in Oblivion, it all seemed so uninteresting to me and so the same as every other fantasy RPG.

I love all the Diablo and Diablo-esque games like Sacred, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate... but I love them for the game play with other people, not for their solo game.

I for one, am on pins and needles waiting for Starcraft II. I probably had up wards of 1000+ hours in that game, and 2000+ more in WC3.

9. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Oh, and I'm also looking forward to Diablo 3. So many games coming. Mass Effect 2 as well.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

They did however have to patch against "killing children", it's not the only game that real life litigation has caused changes in the developers "moral compass". Not that it was a necessity to the game or spoiled it in anyway from it being removed or not put in, but it really proves how far people are willing to go to try and wrap the world in cotton wool.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Oh, FO3 is easily the best game I ever played.
    And I have to play at low settings, but that doesn't matter, it's still awesome.

Already looking forward to FO4. I'll buy a new computer to play it if necessary.

13. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

HEY!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

SO I just finished Fable. I enjoyed it, though by the time it was over, I was ready to be done playing it.
    If anybody has any good recommendations for d&d games, that would rock. I already played icewind dale, and neverwinter nights. Tried morrowind and couldn't get into it.

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

baldurs gate 2, brillant especially with the expansion

16. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

i thought fable 1 was pretty cool esp. towards the end, when you have all your favourite gear and high level skills. growing horns and eating crunchy chicks was great fun too ("its the bones that make them crunchy")

if you want classic, DnD style rpg, nothing beats baldur's gate 2 and its expansion. "GameSpy, GameSpot, and IGN all awarded Baldur's Gate II their "Role-Playing Game of the Year" awards in 2000" - wiki, and i found a bunch of sites which still put it in the top ten despite being 9 years old. you can still buy it in a battle chest thing for about 30 bucks.

17. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

lol i took so long writing mine you beat me to it. fav class and characters?

18. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

icewind dale and neverwinter nights are mere shadows of baldur's gate's greatness.

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

It's gotta Be Minsc, the only character that could make even the most hardcore min/maxing munchkin, gamer, not mind his space hamster taking up a useful item slot.

http://www.minscandboo.com/quotes2/A_den_of_stinking_evil.WAV

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the one thing NWN has going for it (and icewind dale) is the range of races and classes. warlocks rock

for baldurs gate though im always a wizard and for the caricters that wingless winged elf is kind of cute

but the catotic evil wizard was funny

21. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

I'm pretty certain you're kidding, but d2 came out in the 90's. I always thought you were at least 18? I'm that wrong?

22. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

"jump on my sword while you can evil, I won't be as gentle!"

hilarious yes, a necessary party member no. after 2nd or 3rd time through i dumped minsc soon as i reached korgan. fighter>ranger esp given 1. the overpowered axes available 2.my fondness for archers as main char already providing a ranger (greater whirlwind and firebolt crossbow anyone?).

korgan does have some pretty good lines as well (these aren't exact) to a chick "i'd prefer you struggling and spitting in my eye" and to the protagonist "can we get a move on, the blood on my axe is almost dry". the only quote i remember verbatim "shoddily made, and shoddily maintained...but good killing craft nonetheless". he's cool.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

In my opinion the Witcher would attract more people if they could get into the source material but the can't because most of the witcher books aren't in english

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.