I've been especially concerned lately about plastic containers and food. Water bottles, juice containers, microwaveable food containers, bowls, tupperware, etc. I started taking notice a number of years ago, but lately it's really come to my attention that some plastics and their safety might be taken for granted. I'm not very educated in the food-plastic area, but I would think it's reasonable that anytime you heat food in a synthetic polymer container, you're going to get residual molecules that break off and end up being ingested. Concern has been raised about several plastic formulations. http://www.theconscientioushome.net/articles.php?con_id=183 Polyvinyl chloride. Never heard great things about it as it applies to toxicity. http://www.thedailygreen.com/green-homes/eco-friendly/plastic-bottles-toxins-water-bottles-460410 This link describes potential hazards of the 3 most suspect plastic types. Anyone have any comments?