Planet X- Disasters in 2003/2004

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Stryder, Apr 21, 2002.

?

Will Planet X pass closer to Earth, bringing disasters???

1. Yes, it will happen around 2003-2012

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. No. It will happen in the far future.

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Planet X is just an internet legend.

41 vote(s)
    70.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eman Resu Registered Senior Member

2 cents ...

WHO really has the answers? That's the great question. I agree that we shouldn't knock anyone's theory ... after all aren't the empiricists required to maintain on open mind?

Whether Sichtin's ideas are right is the reason why they're here - for debate and maybe enlightenment. Evidence destroyed? Haven't we heard that before - it's a common theme on TV ...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Could u guys elaborate on some things for a minute , Ive read almost through the whole thread but I cant get any information out of it .

So Id appreciate it if any of u who know about this stuff could answer couple questions .

1)So the deal is 13 may something bad is happening . What exactly ?
    2)And I read people die , why ? how many ? where ?
    3)Which brings me on stuff about the Sinai...how does that fit in ?
    4)Is this a joke ? How serious should I take this crap , I mean iv seen whole damn survival shit people preparing . And what exactly are the problem areas ?

Thanx

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

you read all the thread and are still asking such questions?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

forget the planet x - just a modern myth

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Look at it this way--if Planet X has a huge, 3600 year orbit, and will be arriving in the near future (a few weeks to ten years) wouldn't it be incredibly close to Earth by now? I have no doubt that a planet its size would be easily observable from our world, even if it sped up as it ended its trip through the solar system.

Look--people have been saying that the world was going to end since the very concept of such a thing happening could be comprehended (kudos to H. erectus). After this funky date in May has passed and after 2012 has gone people will still say that the world is going to end. The Mayan calendar does end in 2012, but it is merely the end of a planetary cycle that the Mayans recorded. The planets visible without a telescope--up to Saturn, I believe, will be aligned with Earth. After that the cycle starts over. That's all.

8. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

The "Stuff" about the Sinai.

The Anakim were the Giants desended from Cain - Cannanites.(or Sons of Men)
    Cain was the Son of the Serpent, the closest animal to Man.
    He was a murderer, a liar, full of jealousy and rage. These qualities did not come from Adam. Abel was Adam's son, His true seed and Cain killed him. Seth then was Adam's next true son, and this lineage was restored.

After the flood, these giants appeared again - through the linage of Ham, one of Noah's three sons.
    Then, The sons of Esau between 3600 and 4000 years ago began to push these Giants out of the land while the children of Israel was in bondage in Egypt. They destroyed all but a few of the races of Giants and took their land.

When Moses led the Israelites to the promised land, it was "the land of the Giants".......where those remaining still lived.
    3600 years ago these people led by Joshua, destoyed the giants of over 30 kingdoms in a five year war.(1594-1599 B.C.)
    Joshua demonstrated this power over nature by stoping the sun and moon for 24 hours to keep the enemy from getting away and regrouping. Kirjatharba (named for Arba, the father of Anak) was renamed Hebron, after the last Anakim were displaced - the few who excaped settled in Gaza and Gath. 600 years later they were the ones destoyed by King David and his warriors.

9. quelquechosedautre Registered Member

As I have written before, everyone permanently tries to fit prophecies into CURRENT affairs, rather than looking ahead. Everyone assumes that PLANET X is either alien or a terrible act-of-God accident in nature. NO-ONE has considered the nightmare possibility of it being a DELIBERATE ACT OF HUMANITY. In 1940, the idea of a Nuclear bomb was laughed at with Einstein noting it would take a bomb the size of freight train to be operational. HG Wells idea of beam weaponry was a joke in Victorian England. And even in the 1960`s, the UK Governemnt scoffed openly at the death of Markov through ricin, unable to accept the a chemical had been developed, a slingle drip of which will kill 22 men instantly in the same room.

...Maybe this is just the ultimate form of weaponry to come in a decade or two, mankind throwing asteroids down on each other`s nations with God-like awe.

10. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I'm going to assume that you are a new member, quelquechosedautre
    THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DEAD FOR TWO YEARS. As such, they were talking about the future. Not current affairs. It doesn't matter anyway. Nobody really looks at the post dates.

Oh, and since we're all not dead, killed by a huge catastrophe, this thread was pointless in the first place. With retrospect of course.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

You do.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

True, true. Only because the title sounded out of place.

13. kmguru Staff Member

Since we are already here, using que's idea, how about a rocket robot that goes out and finds an asteroid, borrows itself and then changes it course to.....has military sent anything out there? who knows....but it is possible.....we have the technology...

14. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Planet X is not an "internet legend" -it is history from the 1920s, with a msg for today. Read below:

Pluto was discovered because Percival Lowell funded search (and established the Flagstaff AZ obervatory named after him) for "planet X." He based his predicted location, the search area, on his anlysis of observed perturbations in Neptune's orbit. Once Pluto's orbit was known, (it is never closer to Neptune than 17AU) the mass of Pluto (to make the observed perturbations) was calculated. Several Earth masses are required. Pluto is now know to be smaller than the moon. Thus what perturbed Neptune is a mystery.

One, not very likely, possibility for the cause of the perturbation is a small black hole passing by the solar system. (It would not be seen by telescopes as BHs don't reflect any sunlight). Most small black holes are the result of large stars fusing lighter elements until they produce an iron core and then collapsing because all fusion ends with iron. Often the collapse is not completely symetric. (Where do you think the iron meteorites come from?)

Most stars come in pairs because if the gas cloud tried to collapse to form a single star, it would be spinning too rapidly to get to fusion temperatures. Considering that the early universe, when first stars were forming, was about 35 times smaller than at present, almost all stars were big enought to leave pairs of black holes behind when they died. These bigger stars also age much more quickly than the sun. Thus there were many generations of black hole pairs formed before the sun was even born. Small BH pairs may be the most common thing in the universe.

One might have passed by the solar system in the late 1920s, perturbed Neptune and tilted then unknown Pluto's (planet X of Lowell) orbit plane. If it did, the second one is due about now. I used these facts to structure a scary story - the second smaller member of the BH pair is now approaching unseen and will pass thru the solar system in 2008. - It has just been detected by "Jack" the astronomer in story Dark Visitor from small perturbations in Pluto's orbit. (It misses Earth by 12 AU, but change the orbit by about 11% more eliptical.)

Dark Visitor is actually a recruting tool for science students. I am very concerned by the trend away from science in the US relative to ASIA. Asian nations are already the world leaders in technology, robot, flat screen displays, etc. and rapidly advancing. In one generation they will lead in scicence as well. If you are young in the US, your job choice in 20 years will be only among "non- exportable" jobs, like cutting someone elses hair. - Little exported to keep value of the dollar.

Take a look at Physics Today page 30 of March 05 issue. Among the distrubing facts you will read there is: "US shair of worldwide high-tech exports fell from 31% to 18%." .... while "Asian economies increased from 7% to 25%." It is worse now as last year of study period was 2001. In a few years, most Americans will not be able to aford gas for their cars as these hard working and studious asian will have even better balance of payments than now and the dollar will not compete sucessfully for importing oil.

Visit site www.DarkVisitor.com for more information and see how to read book for free - I am trying to do what I can (very little) to attract students to study the sciences by hidding a lot of it in a scary of a Earth in slightly changed orbit that tips into a rapid onset ice age, worse than any prior one, bginning in 2008. (My target reader is not interested in science but I hope Dark Visitor may make him/her think it might be important to check out to see if Dark Visitor is real - it could be - there is no science fiction in it. The reader will learn a lot of science without any formal teaching. Web site also lists all the science woven into the story as a natural part of it as Jack explains to his friend why the ice age will happen so rapidly. Site gives sample text, more on collapse of US science, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2005
  15. quelquechosedautre Registered Member

THE CRACKS OF REALITY

One of the more disturbing features of Relativity that is rarely considered is that it leaves open the possibility that the Space-Time Continuum might not be sound. Years ago I had a boss who was staggeringly short on imagination, yet I discovered from someone else in the office (rumoured to have had a brief fling with him) that he had had a drastic event in his life that had changed him. After some effort and a lot of hassle I dragged out from him what had happened.
    ...He had been driving down Regent St in London, a purpose-built shopping area that had been built about 200 years ago. Suddenly, the road surface became appaulling and the sky changed. The traffic had disappeared and all around him there was horse-drawn vehicles. All the well-known shops had changed to quaint old ones and everyone was in late 18th Century costume. Scared and terrified, he slammed his Volvo into reverse and as he looked back, there was just horse-drawn traffic as far as the eye could see. In a split second, the sky changed back and he nearly went straight into the front of a large London bus, missing it by only a fraction, and the street had returned to normal. Glynn does not drink nor takes drugs and is the most unimaginative man I think I have ever known, yet he swears this occured.

...Timeslip is a well recorded, but little studied phenomenon which would explain 99% of all bizarre phenomenon, from the Loch Ness Monster to prophets.

Furthermore, should a terrible disaster be about to hit the world, such as a comet whacking it to oblivion, one could see that the effect and release of energy might well be enough to send shards of space-time and weird warping effects.

Now add to this the further fact of man`s incredible ability to come up with siolutions at high speed where his life is endangered. From 1860 to 1914, whilst discoveries took place, putting them into practice was somewhat tardy, yet from 1914 to 1920, the whole world changed for the common man...why? Because the First World War had pushed through discovery into practice. The same happened with the Second World War.

Is it not feasible that PRECISELY BECAUSE of some traumatic event in the future, scores of survivors or accidental bumping from the current time have found themselves, like Glynn being chucked back several hundred years, where, provided they can avoid being burn as a witch, they could live out their lives peacefully?

AND WOULD THIS NOT EXPLAIN MANY OF THE FAMOUS PROPHECIES OF THE PAST, INCLUDING SOME WELL MEANING FEW DUDES, WHO HAVE ENCRYPTED THE BIBLE USING EXACTLY THE SAME PROGRAMMES WE HAVE NOW...why? BECAUSE THEY TOOK THEM BACK IN TIME WITH THEM.

WHich incidentally, also would indicate the truth of the disasters about to befall us!

- RObert

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

17. Dean Banned Banned

sibiru

18. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

You bumped this thread to say that?

19. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

20. blobrana Registered Senior Member

By means of high-precision timing thanks to pulsars astronomers Nadia Zakamska, Scott Tremaine now know what the solar barycentre is doing with respect to the rest of the cosmos.
    And it is <b>not</b> being pulled around by <b>Planet X</b>.

So there is nothing out there within worrying distance.

The astronomers, Nadia Zakamska, Scott Tremaine, made use of the Australia Telescope National Facility pulsar database ( http://www.atnf.csiro.au/research/pulsar/psrcat/ )

Constraints on the acceleration of the solar system from high-precision timing
    Authors: Nadia L. Zakamska, Scott Tremaine (Princeton University)

Many astronomers have speculated that the solar system contains undiscovered massive planets or a distant stellar companion.
    The acceleration of the solar system barycentre can constrain the mass and position of the putative companion. In this paper we use the most recent timing data on accurate astronomical clocks (millisecond pulsars, pulsars in binary systems and pulsating white dwarfs) to constrain this acceleration.
    No evidence for non-zero acceleration has been found; the typical sensitivity achieved by our method is a/c=a few times 10^{-19} s^{-1}, comparable to the acceleration due to a Jupiter-mass planet at 200 AU.
    The acceleration method is limited by the uncertainties in the distances and by the timing precision for pulsars in binary systems, and by the intrinsic distribution of the period derivatives for millisecond pulsars.
    Timing data provide stronger constraints than residuals in the motions of comets or planets if the distance to the companion exceeds a few hundred AU.
    The acceleration method is also more sensitive to the presence of a distant companion (closer than 300-400 AU) than existing optical and infrared surveys. We outline the differences between the effects of the peculiar acceleration of the solar system and the background of gravitational waves on high-precision timing.

http://au.arxiv.org/PS_cache/astro-ph/pdf/0506/0506548.pdf

21. quelquechosedautre Registered Member

Sadly, the people who can see into the future are rarely objective and subjective in the extreme. It is curious how people will take fragments and weave them into a whole tapestry of colour as they try to fit everything into what they currently know. For the biggest threat is the unseen one. The Planet X stuff from Bible code etc, ACTUALLY says nothing about coming close. It could be simply that the discovery of Planet X is a marker in time, like the Star of Bethlehem, and that tragic events will coincide with the discovery of this planet.

22. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Dammit, stop resurrecting this thread.

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Since the title " Planet X- Disasters in 2003/2004" suggests this thread is out of date and therefore out of topic, I think it's about time it was closed. (You can rest easy now Communist Hamster)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.