Pit Bulls Should Be Banned

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by valich, Dec 10, 2006.

1. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

No they shouldn't, they can be the most amazing dogs.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Uh... people who aren't dog lovers usually don't have dogs.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

"The breeds most often involved in fatal attacks are Rottweilers and Pit bulls."

"In the United States, pit bulls make up one to three per cent of the overall dog population and cause more than 50 per cent of serious attacks."

I have no problem letting this bred beast die out.

http://www.dogexpert.com/Dog Bite Statistics/DogBiteStatistics.html

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's like owning a pepperbox or black powder revolver, lots of people have used them without incident, but sometimes they explode in your hand.

8. John99 Banned Banned

as long as it is your hand it explodes in...

9. John99 Banned Banned

These beasts doggies have hair triggers.

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Each pitbull owner should have a licence that cost $4000 and 3 years to get...

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Jeeze dude, do you bother reading your own stupid bullshit? That article you quote says that about TWENTY AMERICANS PER YEAR are killed by dog bites. That means TEN of them are killed by pitbulls! Are you really going to go off on a crazy toot over something that trivial???

More Americans are killed by BEE STINGS. More Americans are killed by LIGHTNING. Where's your righteous outrage over that?

Have you bothered to look up how many innocent Americans are killed by incompetent-swaggering-thug COPS every year??? Maybe we should euthanize all the goddamn COPS!

It's people like you who got our government spending trillions of dollars and upsetting the entire world order to protect us from TERRORISTS, who have killed a total of three thousand Americans in THIS ENTIRE CENTURY, when for a fraction of that money they could install a breathalyzer ignition interlock in every car and protect us from DRUNK DRIVERS, who kill FIFTEEN THOUSAND of us every year!

Americans are totally incompetent at risk analysis (or for that matter anything that involves numbers), and you're a textbook example.

You didn't even bother to read the entire article you quoted from. That is just utterly dishonorable!

Get a life!

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

however much you want to blame the dog its still humanities fault we bred them that way

13. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Nice.
    A sweeping generalization to be sure, but alas, one that all too often turns out to be correct.

In any case, with respect to the OP, I just thought I'd note that Pit Bulls are indeed banned here in Ontario at least.

14. John99 Banned Banned

That is true and they provide absolutely no function. They are never used for guard dogs (except for some crack houses) and they would not even exist if it were not for human intervention. I am not saying to exterminate them just do not allow them to reproduce, they wont even know what is happening.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

don't have to stop letting them reproduce just breed to reduce aggression.

16. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

If people who truly loved their animals were the only one's who owned them then there wouldn't be shows like Animal Cops (I hate that show). The way I see a lot of people in my neighborhood treat their dogs and cats, I wonder. I could be wrong, but people who love their animals usually feed them and don' hit them with tools, like hammers and bats.

17. John99 Banned Banned

18. John99 Banned Banned

19. John99 Banned Banned

In U.S the simplest and most obvious solutions are hardly ever easy to accomplish.

20. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

its not the dog that makes itself vicous its the owners, pit bulls do make really good family pets, and some of the kdis who have been left with these dogs are bought up by owners who don't care, it is always a rule if you have a sog and then have kids you should extra viglent about leaving the kid with the dog, its not the dogs fault

21. copernicus66 Banned Banned

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Instead of banning them, couldn't we let them fight each other till none are left. That would make everyone happy.

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I only posted the statistics to show that many breeds bite people not just one breed.