Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by darryl, Jun 2, 2012.

1. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Sure, as long as they provide something that works better than current theories. They give Nobel prizes for that.

You've never shown jack sh*t. You wave your hands a lot and keep writing the same nonsense over and over.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mazulu Banned Banned

I say the same thing about quantum loops, multiverse explanations of QM, and most of the scientific mathematical rubbish that doesn't mean anything and has no practical applications.

If you have an honest bone in your body, then explain to me why Two Slit Diffraction interference patterns occur one particle at a time?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Sometimes the single 'particle' goes through both slits at the same time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mazulu Banned Banned

I thought particles were classical objects, hard spheres or points. Such an object could never go through both slits. How can this photon or electron go through both slits at the same time?

8. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

No, I think you were found to be in error of the definition of evolution, which is a purely scientific question.

9. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

You have not done that, nor can it be done, since that's not what nature is exhibiting. Anything that goes against nature is invalid.
    No, science insists that nature is what it is. And since nature does not exhibit an ether, we are forced to note that and move on.
    You haven't added anything to the existing science, which is older than (almost) anyone alive today.
    No, you should be observing nature instead of expecting nature to wrap itself around your personal ideas and beliefs.

10. Mazulu Banned Banned

Let's go through it together. When the two slit diffraction experiment is performed, the particle goes through the slits with an interference pattern. Even if one particle goes through, at a time. But if you close one of the slits, there is no diffraction pattern. Why is there a diffraction pattern when both slits are open?

Let me get you started. Because the particle goes through both slits.

Then I say: But in Classical mechanics, particles are supposed to be hard shells or point particles. Hard shells or point particles can't go through both slits as an intereference pattern.

And then you say something about particle-wave duality.

11. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

"God, and/or other supernatural agents!?" You mean like Casper the friendly ghost? Or Count Chocula? Think of what the word 'supernatural means:
    adjective
    1.of, pertaining to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.
    2.of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or attributed to God or a deity.
    3.of a superlative degree; preternatural: a missile of supernatural speed.
    4.of, pertaining to, or attributed to ghosts, goblins, or other unearthly beings; eerie; occult.

I know you'll like the second definition, but look at the company it keeps. "Super means 'above and beyond' as in above and beyond the Alternative Theories role in this Science forum. I'll look for you in the Religion section, chum.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012