Physics of a Merry-go-round

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Boris2, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Tach Banned Banned

You are still struggling with this basic exercise. You obviously have no clue.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

That one cut to the bone!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tach Banned Banned

Well, instead of trolling the forum why don't you enroll in 9-th grade physics, you might learn something instead of embarrassing yourself ad nauseaum. This particular problem with the carousel is really trivial, why do you keep posting nonsense when you could better spend your time learning physics instead of pretending that you know physics?

Here, try this:

Given a carousel of radius \(R\) spinning at angular speed \(\omega\) and given a bullet shot with velocity \(\vec{v}\) from the perimeter, straight towards the center, by how much will the bullet miss the center?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. renislaj Registered Member

If Tach stopped trolling this forum and went to teach 9th grade physics, even a talented class of students would flop their tests.

8. Tach Banned Banned

No, only the pretenders would "fail" (not "flop"). I take it that you need an English class in addition to the physics one? Aren't you the one who claimed "Hence there is a paradox in special relativity"?

9. renislaj Registered Member

Check Merriam-Webster. I don't need an English class, and even the best would do poorly. You would make a terrible teacher.

10. Tach Banned Banned

I don't suffer fools. You are the crank who claimed that "Hence there is a paradox in special relativity",

11. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

So what's the problem exactly? 10m diameter, radius etc?

12. renislaj Registered Member

Neither do I. You are the most pretentious, stuck up and obnoxious member who fails at "teaching". hah!

13. Tach Banned Banned

Given a carousel of radius \(R\) spinning at angular speed \(\omega\) and given a bullet shot with velocity \(\vec{v}\) from the perimeter, straight towards the center, by how much will the bullet miss the center?

14. Tach Banned Banned

Because I pointed out that you are a crank who thinks that "there is a paradox in special relativity"? Tough.

15. renislaj Registered Member

No, because you really suck at teaching, despite your multiple attempts.

16. Tach Banned Banned

One cannot teach cranks, cranks remain cranks.

17. renislaj Registered Member

And Tach remains stuck in his own little world.

18. Tach Banned Banned

This thread is not about your demonstrating that you are a troll in addition to being a crank, how about you solve the simple exercise defining the thread? Here:

19. renislaj Registered Member

Go test a bunch of 9th graders who will appreciate your efforts more than me.

20. Tach Banned Banned

I am challenging you to do something useful with your life instead of trolling.

21. renislaj Registered Member

I also request you do something useful by keeping your mouth shut. You cause more harm when you open it. You're not doing anything useful with your life, if you were you would wouldn't be here arguing with a bunch of people you consider inferior.

22. Tach Banned Banned

Correction, I do not consider you inferior, I simply pointed out that you exhibit the traits of a crank, here.
    You are posting in the thread about the carousel but you have no clue how to solve the simple puzzle. Therefore , your posting qualifies as basic trolling.

23. renislaj Registered Member

Yes you do. You consider almost everyone inferior. And you have been trolling everyone by repeatedly insulting without giving any concrete replies.