Photoeassay on American culture

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by S.A.M., Jun 17, 2007.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

just like yours is of muslims. its like my dad always told me before you remove the splinter in someone elses eye remove the 2 by 4 from your own @$$

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Let's see... that figures out to just about one per person per day. Hardly a revelation. The problem is the lack of recycling. Plastic recycling has a long way to go. In California they're very strong on recycling cans. They charge a deposit when you buy them and recycling centers buy them back. Sure, for a nickel (or is it a dime now?) a lot of people toss them, but you can bet the army of homeless people are out there scouring the landscape for every last one and lining up at the recycling centers to collect their cash. We need to do the same thing with plastic. The only reason recycled plastic is not more common is that the price of petroleum is kept artificially low in America, so people can drive gigantic trucks to the grocery store.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Reminds me of a book I read about someone stranded on a trash planet, I think it might have been Red Dwarf or Douglas Adams.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.