Personal Verses Impersonal

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Rita, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Rita Registered Member

It appears when Fraggle and myself have a disagreement it becomes a fight of the Titans. I relish these moments because he really makes me think about what I think and that has become the most wonderful factor in my life. Now all the petty family disagreements and sadness seems like the terrible thunder storm that has past. The only thing that matters is what happens in discussions with Fraggle and I am a very happy person.

This is what I said.

This is what Fraggle said.
    This comes from Tocqueville's book published in English, in 1835, "Democracy in America". It was an international best seller and has been reprinted many times. It is also free, on line. This is what has happened to America. It is on the 301 page of Democracy in America.

Some accuse me of conspiracy theory when I speak of the Military Industrial Complex and how the US adopted the Prussian/German models of bureaucracy and the education for technology for military and industrial purpose that goes with this Military Industrial Complex. What Hitler and the Bush called the New World Order. The Old World Order was ordered by family and class and ethnicity. There are good reasons for change, however, we need to be aware that this New World Order is ordered by the state, and it fulfills Tocqueville's prediction of what would happen to Christian democracies. This has everything to do with us being tied together with personal relationship or impersonal relationship. It is directly related to our individual liberty and power, and our morality of lack or it, which becomes anarchy and then a police state.

My thoughts on this are directly tied to my grandchildren being made wards of the state, several years ago. An experience that taught me more about tyranny in the US than I knew there was to learn. Up until this event I just assumed when parents could no longer care for children, the grandparents would be expected to do so. Never, did I image the state would take our children and with the mentality of the slave market, given them to complete strangers and transport them to other states, severely family ties permanently. Completely impersonal government over the people is good for a welfare state, but not for humans and families.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Some old hippies look at the world through rainbow-colored glasses, but which may have gotten a bit rusty by now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.