Past Lives and Regression

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by CatherineW, May 27, 2009.

1. wise acre Registered Senior Member

I was responding to your post...

I thought was was clear.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-

It's ALIIIIIIVEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

Oh riiiiight, so the fact it isn't proven is simply down to selective memory?

That's a total cop out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

How about the pro camp try and find that study?

8. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

I asked first.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Besides were not the ones harping for peer reviewed studies.

My point is you wont be able to find one, because it has not been peer reviewed. It hasnt been peer reviewed because Stevenson was the only one brave enough to take on this subject.

You seem to think lack of peer review = false research. But really the lack of peer review is from scientists afraid to go out on a limb. Prove me wrong, find a study, I want that.

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

That's exactly what it does mean. Nobody is perfect, so peer review means the method can be replicated, and hopefully, the results duplicated, which verifies the hypothesis. Sometimes people make mistakes, and peer review gets fresh eyes to look at the experiment, and weeds out false positives. Without peer review, there is the possibility of error, or falsification

I have no desire to waste my time trying to find something that doesn't exist. If any of the Pro camp want to prove re-incarnation, it's up to them to find, or conduct, such as study.

10. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Phlog the point is; nobody has made the attempt to replicate!
    I ask you to find an attempt, you exclaim "they dont exist", thus proving my point.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. thinking Banned Banned

perhaps but those who are reincarnated know that they are

sometimes I think that is what sleep walking shows , maybe

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

Proving what point?

Nobody has made a serious scientific study into the Celestial Teapot either. The fact that it hasn't been disproven doesn't make it any more likely to exist.

If Stevenson wanted to be taken seriously, it was up to him to publish his method and findings in a journal and subject it to peer review. He failed to do that.

Why did he not want to be taken seriously? Answer me that. He allegedly put a lot of effort into his study, why fail at the last hurdle, and not establish credibility?

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

BULLSHIT.

Sleepwalking is well understood. Don't try and turn it into some mystic bullshit.

14. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

WTH???
    You think some are & some aren't???

15. GVK2012 Registered Member

I personally do believe in reincarnation. I am a writer, and when I write something good, I space out. (I'm perfectly sane, haha, don't worry) Well anyway, through my writing I believe that I am tapping into a past life. Otherwise I would not be writing about suicide and love as I have never been suicidal and I have never been in love. (Not the way I write about it at least, that stuff if heavy and deep) I find it interesting, and I believe that my best friend was in a past life with me. I have my own reasons, and you can believe it or not, but there has been too much to point to the fact that he was in my eyes to ignore. Well, that's just my 2 cents.