Parents, children and karma.

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Bebelina, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

As a child you are pretty helpless, you depend on your parents caretaking. If the parents don't take care of you in a loving way, or that you experience your childhood very negatively, then you automatically feel "negative" emotions toward your parents.
    I was then wondering, that if you are unable (as in haven't gotten there yet..) to transform those negative feelings toward your parent to positive, loving and healing feelings, does this then mean that you will karmawise get back those negative feelings from your own children?
    Or, can you heal the negative feelings toward your parents by being a more loving parent yourself?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

therapy man, therapy...we can change...it's not all determined

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes we can change, but I was talking about karma now.
    Btw I'm not a man, I hope I didn't sound like one....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zero Banned Banned

Sound like a man? With pink letters? I doubt it. Though there is always the possibility that you might be a man pretending to be a woman. A webcam conversation suffices to convince most people.

... any negative karma you might gain by getting mad at your parents, I'm sure you can cancel out with good karma earned by being a loving, devoted, caring parent.

8. river-wind Valued Senior Member

I have seen many times that when a child becomes a parent before they understand why their own parents took the actions that they did, they tend to repeat those actions. Only after the root of those actions are uncovered and understood, is it really possible to choose your own direction.

At least, in my expirience.

9. NEMESIS Registered Senior Member

Dear Bebelina:

You ask interesting questions about karma, but I feel you do not delve far enough in understanding the entirety of the philosophy that contains this concept.

There are hundreds of types of karma. It is a giant bank that we constantly make withdrawals and deposits in. It is impossible to predict the outcome of one action. While that one action will yield fruit, it will not be the same for everyone. In other words, if a "good" person lives his life in doing good, selfless works suddenly tells a lie, it is not the same as an evil person who lies constantly every day and bilks people out of millions. The good person's lie is not a "good" thing, but its karmic action may well be mitigated by all the good works done by this person. In terms of the evil person, this lie will be added to his burden that he will need to repay. It is like having a debt of $10,000. To one person, it can be paid in cash. To another, it can be paid off in installments. To another it will never be repaid. Now let's move on to the greater subject that prompts these questions.

I will touch now on the subject that the memories of parents you speak of are all delusions. They are false memories of our bondage here. By asking this and that about past experiences, you are making it more real. I am reminded of a story about a God who found himself in the body of a pig. He married a sow and had a lovely family. The other Gods saw him slopping around in the mud and tried their best to wake him out of his slumber and remember what he truly was. They couldn't because he was asleep. So instead of letting him wallow in the mud, they killed his family. He was horrified and believed the delusion that indeed his family had been wiped out in this massacre and cried for his sow wife and piglet children. The Gods could take it no longer and so they killed his body. He was then released and it took a moment, but he remembered and joined his friends. He said shaking his head, "It seemed so real!"

Now I fully realize this is harder to accomplish than blithely posting a pithy reply to you. I am going through this process of trying to remember the divine in me and I constantly have to stick pins in my arm not to fall asleep. It is a difficult path. It is not for the timid and not for the weak. But we must get past this artificial brain function into the mysteries of the heart. It is in the heart we find our true selves. I must keep repeating this if only to remind myself that the divine is there. When this is awakened you can see quite clearly how ridiculous this all is. You finally feel what you truly are. You are free from the delusion of pain. But even then it is a constant striving to remain in this state. It is very hard work.

So please, either delve further into this or stop making this more real. You can approach it either way. My heart for some reason goes out to you when I read your posts. I just feel incapable of healing you and so I just pray you are given what you need to heal yourself.

Sat Nam, Bebelina,

NEMESIS

10. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

As I understand it, only negative karma that you exude into the universe can feed back into your life and harm you. I think all people (assuming that you have a "spirit" or "soul") have some kind of innate basis for morality or decency, even children. If they don't respond negatively to these feelings or experiences, negative karma will not build and feed back into their lives as a result.

Make sense?

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

No. Be a decent parent yourself and learn from your parents mistakes. Well that is depending on the fact if karma exists...if not then be a bad child and a bad parent and live happy.

12. coldr3ality Registered Member

dear nemesis,

that story sucks. that god was obviously a weak minded fool who lets his friends tell him what to do. or rather, the fuck that made that story up was a weak minded fool. don't you know, it's better to be a fortunate pig than a god with low self esteem? what the fuck?