Parallel UNIVERSES is a theory and is the idea of Multiple UNIVERSES somethig posible

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Luis A.C.ROMANELLI, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Luis A.C.ROMANELLI Don´t forget using mind ! ! ! Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

...I don`t Know My question so also I don`t Know if it`s something new as an idea !!!...Have a nice day !

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

so the questions is what?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Username Registered Senior Member

Since this is such a broad topic I will start the debate!

A) People had a hard time determining the earth wasn’t flat a few 1,000 years ago and didn’t know much about space.
    B) People later discovered the earth is round and learned more about space.
    C) People today know a lot more about earth than they did space just a few 100 years ago.
    D) People still don't know everything about earth much less our own universe.

Have a nice day.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Luis,
    A good rule of thumb when posting content to this forum, especially when making new threads is:

First check to see if other threads have been written on the subject recently,
    If there isn't one find the relevant sub-forum to post.

When you start creating the opening post, write it but don't send it straight away. Look carefully at it, Is it clear?, will people understanding in plain English?, if you aren't that good at English could you post a copy in your native tongue too, at least then people can try their own translation methods at what it is you're talking about.

When constructing the opening post, Pose a question, put forwards what you think but expect others to have a difference in opinion, that is the nature of discussion. However blurting weird excerpts is more Surrealist than Science, perhaps you could keep those posts to the Art & Culture subforum so you can be judged on Artistic merit as opposed to content.

8. Luis A.C.ROMANELLI Don´t forget using mind ! ! ! Registered Senior Member

OK !!!...The theme of parallel universes may be a BROAD TOPIC but isn`t this a SCIENTIC FORUN ???...If not excuse Me for using My head !

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  9. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I am now harbored with a deep suspicion that our OP friend here has no slightest interest in parallel universes, but trolls from parallel universes.

10. Luis A.C.ROMANELLI Don´t forget using mind ! ! ! Registered Senior Member

Excuse Me but I think that you have a serios problem in using your mind cause it seems something dificult for you !!!...Have a nice day !!!

11. gmilam Valued Senior Member

On a purely semantic level, it depends on your definition of universe.
    IF the universe is "all there is".
    THEN, by definition, there can only be one "all there is"
    ENDIF

IF the universe is this bubble of space/time we find ourselves in
    THEN we have insufficient data to work with...

It's an interesting idea. Got any ideas on how to test it?

12. Luis A.C.ROMANELLI Don´t forget using mind ! ! ! Registered Senior Member

Parallel Sistems

...30 years ago...Before the DOS an also the PCs I BEGAN ALL A QUESTION all over the world in technoligy that was the
    concept of PARALLEL SYSTEMS...It was an innovation extremly new cause I proposed the idea with a simple design to stop
    the cuestion of sistems failling that was something common and also in this days that still hapens !!!...I only proposed the
    same as the animals are designed...Let Me continue in SPANISH and excuse My bad english !!!
    POR LO TANTO COMO LES HIBA DICIENDO LA IDEA DE SISTEMAS PARALELOS ES ALGO Q`INVITA A PENSAR EN EL UNIVERSO
    PUES CASI TODO EL CUERPO LO TENEMOS POR DUPLICADO CUANDO ESTÀ COMPROBADO Q`TODOS LOS ORGANOS PUEDEN
    SIENDO UNICOS CON EL CUERPO DEL Ho.! ! !
    LOS UNIVERSOS PARALELOS NO SON UNA TEORIA SIN FUNDAMENTO COMO PEDEN NOTAR SI ES Q`ME ENTENDIERON !!!
    ..........................................HAVE A NICE DAY

13. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

let you not continue in spanish, por favor amigos, this is not Espana.

14. Layman Totally Internally Reflected Valued Senior Member

This is a post I just made that I think shoots down the theory of parallel universes. In the thread Movement of electrons in atomic orbitals . I think the idea of this meaning that there are not parallel universes from this theory could get to be off topic, so if you would like to comment on if it means there are or not parallel universes then feel free to comment here.

If you take a look at the wiki on Superluminal Communication you will find that one theory or experiment that shows this is Evanescent Wave Coupling . I think the electron wave in the orbitals of the atom would be a form of Evanescent Wave Coupling .

I don't agree, this theory is based off of spectral lines.

As you can see there are gaps in the spectral lines so that the orbitals where there are not electrons they do not create spectral lines. It is as though the electron does not exist at these ranges where it could then create spectral lines in the gaps between the lines that it does actually create. The theory behind what causes these spectral lines has changed but the fact remains that spectral lines still do occur and is what is seen from experiment.

This is also the same equation that has been attributed to leading to alternate universes. But then the "universes" where electrons could exist between different orbitals don't ever exist, this is why I often preferred the Copenhagen Interpretation . The electron can never be found between orbitals via any type of experiment, ever. If the Schrodinger Equation says that there should be electrons between orbitals then it would seem like it would be incomplete. It would be accounting for things that are happening that actually never do. We haven't ever seen decoherence from a universe that has spectral lines to a "universe" where there was not spectral lines. It is a consistent result of experiment.

15. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

What exactly would we be expecting in terms of decoherence that would prove existence of a universe without spectral lines?

16. Layman Totally Internally Reflected Valued Senior Member

Well if there where actually electrons between orbitals then they would be able to create spectral lines in places they normally wouldn't occur.

They would be able to emit light in that part of the spectrum that they existed that was not in an orbital. If they did that then that universe would decohere from another universe so that the experimenter would be able to observe spectral lines where they normally shouldn't be caused by the electron existing between orbitals in that scenario. But, we always see the spectral lines where they should be, so then it would most likely mean that there are not universes where electrons can exist between orbitals.

17. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

But why do you assume that we would be able to see the spectrum of another universe?

18. Layman Totally Internally Reflected Valued Senior Member

The reason it is thought that there are parallel universes is because of the Schrodinger Equation. It says that there are many possibilities that can happen in quantum physics. But then the act of observation makes it to where there are only one of these possibilities that you can observe. So then it raises the question of what happens to the events based on all these other possibilities? One of the answers is that the universe branches off into parallel universes were these other possibilities still exist. They still happen they just don't happen in the universe we are in.

But, if the universe branches off this way then there would be a certain amount of chance that we would see a particle to react one way or the other way, we wouldn't always branch off to the universe that has a different law of physics. All of these universes would have the same laws, so then there would be an almost equal chance to see the electron in the orbital or not in the orbital. So then sometimes we should decohere to a universe that see's orbitals and sometimes we should decohere to a universe that does not have electrons in orbitals.

But then from the experiment of spectral lines it would seem as though we have always decohered to a universe that does have specific orbitals. So then we would know that with a high degree of certainty that the universe does not split between universes that have specific orbitals and universe's that do not have specific orbitals, because we always see the same spectral lines from experiments. Then it would seem like the Copenhagen Interpretation would have to be correct and that those possibilities do not actually exist.

19. Layman Totally Internally Reflected Valued Senior Member

Here is a video that kind of explains it while Michio Kaku is explaining why deja vu is not caused by parallel universes. (I think it comes from remembering dreams of those events)

[video=youtube;Ks_UHmaZcSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ks_UHmaZcSg[/video]

20. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

The following statement is often made.
    It is erroneous. Circa 200-300 BC, a Greek living in Egypt knew the Earth was a sphere & made an estimate of its size which was within circa 5% of what we now know.

Most cultures with a sailing tradition (Example: Ancient Phoenicians & Minoans) knew or at least suspected that the Earth was a sphere. Obeservation of mountains when approached from an ocean or sea provide the necessary clues.

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

A la Schrodinger.
    But is that the whole universe, or just the cats in the box?
    I think that either answer to that question involves difficulties.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

23. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

I'd certainly like to see some verification, or other cosmologists and astrophysicists to support the thesis. So far, it's just a single researcher, who originally came up with this hypothesis 8 years ago.