Palin hired by Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics' started by James R, Jan 12, 2010.

1. sandy Banned Banned

FOX is the only cable news network even close to fair and balanced. The others are liberal jokes. Palin will be a great addition. She is very nice, fun, smart, and charismatic.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

You wouldn't be trying to wind us up would you Sandy?
    I haven't got Fox at the moment, but I might get a subscription just to watch Palin.
    It'll only cost £1 a month, so not too much of my money will go to her election fund.

As Dr Johnson said of a female Preacher:
    I told him I had been that morning at a meeting of the people called Quakers, where I had heard a woman preach. Johnson: "Sir, a woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hinder legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all."

]Boswell: Life

Working on a proper News channel would have been good for her, as her knowledge of World affairs is deficient.
    But working for Fox, perhaps that will just cement some of her more stupid notions.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Who really cares?? :shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwrQtzzCWY

always thought that was funny.

But fox is anything but fair.

8. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

funny: she f*cked up mccains chance for presidency
    nice: nice as a bulldog
    smart: dumb as a

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

charismatic: dont even want to comment on what a fool she is sometimes

The fact is that Republicans think that the US having civilized, equal talks with other countries is a show of weakness and us surrendering to their whims where in fact we should be kings of all of "G-d's creation"

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

I thought the idea of being 'fair and balanced' wasnt that they are not biased, but that they provide plenty of rightwing opinion to "balance" the "liberal media" elsewhere.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

An erratic stone rather than a Rolling Stone. Aposite.
    I still like her. Can't help myself.

I'd like that stone in my Garden as well.
    (covets stone)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Well you must care, or you wouldn't have posted.
    If Sarah turned up at your Gaff, you wouldn't turn her away would you?

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

when i first read this news story I literally shit my pants from laughing so hard.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Smart? you seem to have a much different definition of that word than most people.

14. John99 Banned Banned

Where were you when that happened?

15. kmguru Staff Member

This would be a good move for Palin, because she will learn the General Knowledge of the world around her (like Africa is a continent!) to be ready for 2012. Whether that qualifies to be a Commander in Chief is a whole different matter.

16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Does anyone see anything wrong with the idea of voting out a politician that studied at Harvard and graduated from Columbia with someone that dropped out of community college?

There should be at the very least an intelligence requirement for the job.

Palin would simply be a Republican puppet, the fact she hasnt realized it yet only adds further credibility to her lack of intelligence.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

thankfully at home

18. otheadp Banned Banned

I wasn't responding to your posts. These tend to be less hysterical than the general postership here.

19. otheadp Banned Banned

20. otheadp Banned Banned

Moreover, Fox News KILLS all the other networks in ratings. Just the stats of what America is watching. Now, given that the Republican and even Conservative brands are a minority now in America, at least SOME of those viewers must be liberal / Democrats / independents - as the above research indicates.

While no network is bias-free, Fox is not so far from the center. What I really dislike is networks like CNN (the least obviously liberal of all the major networks) pretending like they're not biased.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

CABLE news. Network news still beats them by orders of magnitude. 60 Minutes kills them all.

Palin is the gift that keeps on giving. I can't wait to hear what kind of ridiculous nonsense comes out of that cute little face.

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

"Fair and Balanced" works as a compliment to its audience, praising them for desiring what is right and just and so planting themselves in front of their TV to watch Fox.

It also works as a standard hypnotic frame, shifting the discussion to the internal matter of whether the news and information presented on Fox is fair and balanced, and away from the matter of whether it is, as presented, news or information in the first place. This resembles the standard theist/atheist debate, in which the theist wants to talk about the properties of God and the world as affected by God and so forth. And we see that Fox appeals more strongly to those who are more easily persuaded by such techniques in that and other arenas.

We see them, for example, evaluating the "balance" of Fox's news audience by counting percentages of Democratic or Republican Party affiliation - as if, say, that were an indicator of differing points of view on a set of common facts or common reality.

These are also the people best suited to be consumers of advertising - the most valuable and profitable audience to deliver - so the Fox business model is a good one. It's expensive - NPR runs its entire 17 bureau news operation for what Fox pays a couple of its mainstays to suitably humiliate themselves on camera - but it's worth it: Fox delivers a high quality pre-refined product to its customers, and can charge a premium.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  23. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

This is nothing but a platform to launch her 2012 Presidential bid. Here, she'll be able to spew her divisive vitriol without anyone challenging her.