Pain Tolerance

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by nietzschefan, Sep 6, 2007.

1. peta9 Registered Senior Member

having a higher pain tolerance isn't always positive. It can mean you don't respond faster and you actually put up with more shit than others, it can make you insensitive even dumb. you have to be reasonable.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

You can feel pain and still have tolerance. Once, my older step-brother hit me on the knee with the back of a machete for ~ an hour. I felt it(obviously), I just didn't want him to know that, so I kept playing mario as if I didn't even notice.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Coolies! Yes! Wait a minute... no Registered Senior Member

I have a strange reaction to pain, I either get angry or start laughing. For example when my little bro was little when he was angry he couldn't talk properly so he used to attack me I was say 11 he was say 4. I mean kids that young can still hurt other kids but he used to go mad and try to hurt me and he did but I just laughed my head off. But more recently if I like bang my foot somewhere I tend to shout and not a girly shout, more of a roar actually. And sometimes if i'm wrestling with my boyfriend I want him to hurt me but I can not shout out if he hurts me cos that would prove he had. ut there is always a limit and I will say OW if he really gets me but then get angry and hurt him back. (its a game and we don't play it any more)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Coolies! Yes! Wait a minute... no Registered Senior Member

There is a Journal of Pain i have seen in the uni library, surely there can't be that much to research about pain.