Pain Tolerance

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by nietzschefan, Sep 6, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you can train each bodypart to be very tolerant to pain, except ofcourse the eyes and other soft tissue parts. the human body is actualy very impressive with regards to taking a beating if you condition it properly.

the best example in my opinion would be shaolin monks, they can take a great deal of physical punishment. the more you inflict pain on a certain area the more it adapts to it. we have the ability to evolve to higher ability in 1 lifetime. the skin plays a big role in this, through shaolin iron conditioning methods i have gained a very high tolerance for pain on many parts of my body, my fists are the most conditioned for striking. but through steel jacket methods my body is very tough also.

the bones also are a big factor, bones are not completely solid, they are built like a honeycombe structure, with hundreds of tiny pockets, the more you condense these pockets the denser the bone becomes. which over time created a very solid and hard material, that when combined with thicker tough skin can produce amazing tolerance to pain and allow you to hit things very hard without damage.

it is possible to condition nearly every bodypart beyond normal levels.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

I know what you mean, but I found it kind of funny nevertheless. The parts seem to do fairly well with the pain except for some flinching. It's the whole of me that objects to the pain. I can of course be trained.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

sometimes the fear of comming pain is worse than the pain itself. if you are expecting something to hurt you will most likely be hurt more by the pain if you flinch than if you stay still and calm.

its like being scared of heights and then looking down when you are very high up, you fear the comming pain, then when you flinch and get hit, it confirms the pain and it hurts. im not saying its complete mind over matter or anything, but your frame of mind plays a big part in how your body deals with the situation.

simular to when somebody tells you they are going to punch you in the face, and you say ok then do it. you brace yourself for the strike and think about things before it comes. where you would be better off just being punched in the face without warning.

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

That's a good point it sure does hurt more to get kicked or grazed near the balls if you see it coming first.

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Holy fuck. That's not 'teaching someone a lesson', that is child abuse.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Oh my god, and I thought madanthonywayne's post was bad?

Someone should kill her very slowly.

10. Puma C'mere you devil log! Registered Senior Member

That is definitely abusive. No child deserves that, regardless of how bad their behavior might've been.

I am the youngest of three children in my family and when we were kids, we'd usually get a handslap/slipper to the face by our mother if we coped an attitude and talked back (disrespectful). I was the only child who escaped getting the belt by my dad, who has completely softened up over the years and regrets what he's done. He hasn't laid a finger on any of us since then. Nowadays he just talks and lectures us.

My mother, on the other hand, strangled me almost exactly a year ago because she thinks I was talking back to her (and since I still had food in my mouth, AND bronchitis, I spit it at her face and she ended up getting sick too). Luckily I am much taller than she is which helped a lot in my self-defense. We also had a quarrell a few months ago while I was washing dishes...and since there's a window directly in front of the sink, I was able to see her reflection and blocked a waterbottle she threw at me as well as her hits when she actually approached me. Although she and I seem to be loving/neutral most of the time, her irrationality and resorts to violence has put a strain on our relationship to a point where I REALLY wanted my dad to divorce her when they weren't on such good terms.

Getting back on topic with pain tolerance...

I am naturally slender and frail, so my threshold towards pain was very low until I hit puberty, grew more meat on my bones, and began weight lifting and jumping rope (getting whipped happens quite often). Handling physical pain is more of a mental thing by keeping calm and focusing on something else, as earlier stated in this thread.

11. [a-5] Sex machine, coin operated. Registered Senior Member

Be drunk.

12. [a-5] Sex machine, coin operated. Registered Senior Member

That's just mean lmfao.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Umm, I've driven to my daughters school, had her pulled off the bus and driven her back home to feed the cats.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. [a-5] Sex machine, coin operated. Registered Senior Member

Hard body training. Krav Maga, Hapkido, and Muay Thai emphasize it. I need to know what this Steel Jacket thing is, though.

15. [a-5] Sex machine, coin operated. Registered Senior Member

Rofl. That's not cool. Well, this is coming from a 16 year old.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Not really, inside your mouth is a very tender area in which pain can be administered very easily.

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Holy, I thought I was bad....Thats just being a Bitch

18. peta9 Registered Senior Member

When i was 6 years old, i remember that bitch of a mother actually laying her legs on top of me on the airplane because she wanted to stretch out and sleep. I was so tired and had thrown up on the plane because it was my first time, she didn't even care. i looked at the stewardesses like, 'don't you know this is fuked up?!' and they just looked at her like it was normal or something.

some people are just born disgusting or have horrid character and nature should have naturally aborted them. what's even weirder is i never considered her my mother and she never considered me her daughter, it was like a total unnatural mismatch. she didn't have maternal feelings for me and i didn't feel shit for her either. i don't even look like her, it's weird.

some of the stuff i've seen, it makes your head spin when even i was born with better internal sense than that.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Getting embarrassed by Mom is hardly a punishment.
    She has responsibilities. She knew they were out of food and didn't feed them. I've called my son home from a friends for not doing a chore as well.

I like to think I'm raising future responsible adults and not ones who always think someone else will do it.

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

My kids do chores too. I would not pull him off the bus
    and bring him back home, because he didn't do one.
    He would hear about it once he got home, and I might
    add something else to his chores for not doing the other one.

21. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I think I have a high pain tolerance.

I'd say the most painful experience I've ever had is probably when I injured my balls, I don’t know what happened but they hurt like hell. It was a very sharp pain, it would shoot up my body, any sudden movements, anything like that and it would be extremely painful. That pain went on for about a week, I never took any painkillers and never told a soul. I tried my hardest to carry on like normal, even when walking, every step was painful. I even carried on playing football, and that was excruciating. But thinking about how I dealt with it makes me proud.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

As a kid I would get into trouble often (though I was good) and would therefore get beats (not just a slap) on a regular basis. I also did some marital arts when I was young, we did quite a bit of conditioning and we did have the shit kicked out of us. And me and my bros would practice submission manoeuvres on eachother, we would try to make the other guy tap out. I think after stuff like that, you see pain as a challenge, you want to push yourself. I sometimes get people to hit or bite me just for the hell of it.

I think alot of guys are like that. Except for those that are pussies.

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Better have your nuggets checked out. My brother in law got a serious kick to the balls and about 2 years later lost a nut to cancer.

23. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I think I'll pass. No ones looking at my balls and plus, they feel alright.