Our sun's 11-year cycle

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by matthew809, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Didn't sound like an unreasonable question.
    Regardless, it was shot down immediately as stupid by someone else, accusing you of introducing an unknown outside mechanism to a certain system which is not fully understood at this time.
    Then, this person in the same post says:

"We are only beginning to understand the internal mechanics of the Sun, but your question is stupid."

Well, I always thought an unknown leads to a question, which leads to a hypothesis, which leads to a theory, and so on. There goes that idea!

Welcome, matthew809, to Sciforums!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

In context it sounded like a claim, not a tentative question.

Stop being deliberately obtuse and while you are at it, please stop lying.

The idea was not shut down as being stupid. It was shut down as making no sense and being based upon ignorance. If you think those are equivalent to stupid then you need a remedial reading course.

Do you deny the idea was based on ignorance? Are you unaware of the many sound observational and theoretical reasons to declare it an unrequired and wholly unsupported idea? Are you also ignorant? If so, what luck. your ignroance should have been reduced by the explanations given by DH and others in this thread.

Or, were you simply trying to stir the shit?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I'm not arguing for or against anything. I thought the immediate response sounded unreasonably hostile, that's all.

Thank you for your interest.

Good day.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dbnp48 Q.E.D. Registered Senior Member

I agree.

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Oh, are you ignorant?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Darius Macab Registered Senior Member

Children children play nicely!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Regardless, i disagree with the idea of EM waves from the core affecting our sun simply because the center of the galaxy is a black hole which by definition emits only hawking radiation an x rays. However the idea of gravity affecting our sun is interesting. Kind of like a galactic heart beat.

DM

10. taichitarot Registered Senior Member

what? the sun has an eleven year cycle? why didn't they teach me this in highschoo>