Origin of HIV

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Kadark, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok you want to talk about only blood born disease, what about maleria or any of the hemoragic fevors (yes i know they burn hot and burn out fast but we are trying to compare epidemology here)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well this topic has been on my get to list for a long time but i am always busy.
    Appreanlty the HIV orgin as far as i can tack invovles the effects of Saturn, the moon and the moon of Saturn called Iapteus.
    New life and species are created every day on are planet, and HIV was either a branch of some other biological life, or newly created by the Moon/Saturn event in I think it was 1912?

DwayneD.L.Rabon

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Dwayne stop being an ass and actually contribute with real facts not rubbish

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Let’s face it, Draqon is a weirdo.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Of course it was spread via a scratch or bite or blood contact. You can safely ignore Draqon.

Where you got that impression I’ll never know. When he’s not spouting useless pseudo-philosophical nonsense (which is 99% of the time), his scientific inputs are highly questionable.

Thank you! The first sensible thing that has been said (other than the original poster who posted a legitimate question).

Sexual intercourse was the major route through which HIV established itself, but not the only one. There was (and still is) a huge spread of all blood-borne diseases in the developing world due to poor sanitary and hypodermic syringe practices. Even in the developed world, hospital blood transfusions and the re-using of syringes by intravenous drug users significantly spread the disease before clinical blood screening techniques were improved. For instance, there was a high rate of spread of HIV in hemophiliacs due to HIV-tainted coagulation factors.

Well, now we’re getting into the usual absurdity that always accompanies the posts of Sciforum’s most ludicrous crackpot.

In an effort to get away from DwayneD.L.Rabon’s nonsense, here is what the textbook Retroviruses (Coffin, Hughes and Varmus - Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press) has to say:

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

there is also the posibility that it wasnt from chimps at all, it may have been spread from chimps to our food sorces in a dorment form and from there into humans by ingestion. This is how BSE crosed the species boundry. I dont know if this is what happened or even if it is possable for the HIV virus. It is however much more plausable than human\ape sexual relations

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

If you read the link just above your post, one possibility is given:

Original infection by blood contact (bite, wound splash, etc) into a conscript laborer with a malnourished and weakened immune system, followed by

forced vaccinations of conscripted labor by colonial powers, uisng the same dirty needle on hundreds or thousands of men each time, medical care delivered similarly.

These conscripts would, upon gaining freedom, scatter out across the landscape.

And the whole system abetted prostitution, rape homosexual and otherwise, coordinated diseases and infections, etc.

Slavery, forced labor, war, mass detainment and refugee creation, etc, is implicated in several epidemics throughout history.

10. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well Hercules
    There is nothing crack pot about it, the topic was titled the Orgin of HIV.
    although most people are not aware of the effects that planets and stars have in chemical nature, that does not eliminate the fact that they play a determining role in the development of life.

Humans are not in controll of the formation of life, nature is the creator of life. (humans are just trying)

DwayneD.L.Rabon

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The notion of bestiality leading to disease is not likely to be true.

More likely is the close contact of near human species with humans due to their being used as food.
    The current theory on HIV is that it originated in a Cameroon monkey population.

If one of your main sources of meat is monkey, it is a problem waiting to happen.
    The monkey will be weakened by the disease and easier to catch. It will still scratch and bite as much as it can.
    You are bleeding and it is bleeding.
    No mystery there for a blood borne disease.

12. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Uh huh, yes Dwayne. It's quite clear to all of us that Saturn’s moon Iapteus played a key role in the evolution and cross-species jump of HIV.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Seems to be devolving into a pointless discussion here.

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Actually, it was rather interesting and factual - until Rabon jumped in.

He has the propensity to make bread fresh from the oven turn stale.

15. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well guy's got any big ideas on the Orgins of the HIV virus.

Perhaps you guy's might have a quote on the number of new genomes produce on earth each day. it might help in determining how fast each of the virus familes is growing. Which in end result might give us a range as to how long we can exspect to see HIV propagate. It would be nice if it burnt out some time soon.( the Orgin of the end of HIV)

DwayneD.L.Rabon

16. No, no, no no no no...

Some cultures eat monkies. It's quite common in the Southern Hemisphere, where AIDS is thought to have originated.

And, is one reason it's so hard to combat in the Central Delta of Africa. Where they continue to eat the diseased barrens.

Bird Flu is similar, and among those whom choose...Well, passed excrete of Salmonella is nothing...

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's possible HIV, like many other diseases, had existed for a long time. Eventually it mutated and reached a tipping point in the population where it could evolve rapidly. I believe there was one particular vector if infection after the initial African event, a gay flight attendent, who managed to spread the virus to an extremely volnerable population of sexually active men.