Only Cranks and Wierdo's See UFO's

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Green Destiny, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Neverfly Banned Banned

The military is made up of a LOT of members. As is NASA, the government, etc.

Wanna know how secrets get kept? Simple- Most any secret is so mundane to the average person (Who probably wouldn't understand why the shape of a submarine propeller was such a big secret anyway, for example) that it's not worth telling anyone.

But a juicy secret like Alien Visitors? Out of ALL those people? Could YOU keep your mouth shut about that?

Radar and UFO's spotted by the military is something that's been exhaustively researched. Not just by UFOlogists, sensational Discovery channel or Visitor WannaBeleivers, mind you, but by many agencies on the account of National Security... About Other Nations.
    Not aliens.
    Their concern was simply Other Nations. They Really wanted to Know if Russians were doing fly by's.

So you can imagine that they were more than a little inquisitive.

As it stands, Alien Visitors has about as much support as Ghosts.
    Sure, sensational media will hype it up as fluffy as possible. Lots of people out there believe in Ghosts, too.

But there is no hint, no indication, no sign whatsoever that alien visitors have dropped by.

Is it possible that they have? Sure. But not very likely.

Hawkings point is very valid.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Such a difficult question. But I would imagine it much more difficult for the egos of these "elite" to not consider that they themselves may not be the pearls an extraterrestrial being is looking for in the galaxy.

Consider these beings as being very advanced—so advanced that any "intellectual" achievements procured by modern man's "intellectual" elite is quite literally retro to them, elementary, been there done that. That the "intellectual" elite's capacity to dredge up scientific and technological facts is not at all that impressive to them. That what peaks their interest is derived not from a "contemporary" point of view but from an origin that is timeless in quality. That what they may be seeking is not wonder boys and eggheads but something or someone… else.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Green Destiny Banned Banned

'As it stands, Alien Visitors has about as much support as Ghosts.'

Aliens does not necesserily need to be a relative reasoning. If aliens are another wording for a race beyond terra firma, then by definition we are aliens as well. Therefore, we surely can be more substantially-real than a ghost?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neverfly Banned Banned

I have no idea what the basis of this statement is.

Unless you BELIEVE that Panspermia is the ultimate source of life on Earth, which we have no evidence of, you cannot make this claim as valid when it's nothing more than an assumption on your part.

By current definition, We are not aliens at all.

8. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

9. NumLk \m/ Registered Senior Member

I consider myself a weirdo, not so much a crank (but who knows), and I've never
    seen a UFO. Perhaps you need to be both a weirdo and a crank to be able/qualified to see them. If that is true, I'm no crank. That's good to know.

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

excuse me, but i posted 2 news links. one regarding testimony from military officers, and another about the election of a UN embassador for extraterrestrials.

no one has a comment to make about these "cranks and weirdos"???

11. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Does that include belief in surveys?

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

You have a problem understanding statistics, and confidence intervals?

Oh yeah, doubt science, doubt maths, believe in voodoo instead!

It's quite simple. Thick people follow religion because it provides answers they are too dumb to understand the real scientific explanations of.

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

guess not. what a shocker.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

so, does that mean that all of you naysayers are so naive as to believe that this many military officers would lie, or that those officers in charge of operating and housing our nuclear weapons are "cranks and weirdos", or that the UN would promote some woman to be an embassador for ET's without some goddamn good reason! does it?

14. John99 Banned Banned

I heard a radio program about this and it is very interesting, to say the least.

15. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Oh, goody! Phlogistician is finally here to educate the nuts and bolts.

16. Green Destiny Banned Banned

Thick people are just as entitled to believe in a religion for the same reasons educated men and woman believe in a religion.

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Hi Lori, sorry to hear about your freind.
    Have you heard of of a man by the name of Dr. Leir?

"Dr. Roger Leir, author of "Aliens and the Scalpel", is one of the world’s foremost leaders in UFO physical evidence research. He is a board certified Podiatric surgeon for over 40 years and has performed with his team 14 surgeries on alleged alien abductees, resulting in the removal of 15 separate objects suspected of being alien implants. These objects have been scrutinized by some of the most prestigious laboratories in the world including Los Alamos National Labs, New Mexico Tech, and UC-San Diego. "

http://www.tracieaustin.com/viewspecificpastshow.asp?ID=97&guestID=4

jan.

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

thanks jan. i haven't heard of dr. leir. perhaps my friend has. i know she's spent years researching online and elsewhere. though i don't think she's doing that as much anymore.

it's obvious imo that there's a lot of denial going on about this phenomenon, by a lot of people.

there are those who are open-minded about it, or have even experienced a bit of it, and are determined to see these beings as benevolent. not because they have any real reason to, but because the alternative is too frightening to comprehend.

and there are those who are in complete denial about it. the religious and atheist alike who are determined to believe that they have all the answers, and are at the top of the food chain. they have way too much invested in their beliefs, and their egos to attempt to rethink any of it (if they ever thought much in the first place). again, the consequences are just too frightening for most people to comprehend.

19. John99 Banned Banned

This is fascinating. How are the "Aliens" able to travel so far?

20. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Probably ride on segways.. Just have to avoid the cliffs.

21. John99 Banned Banned

Their ships need fuel or some kind of idk...what is a worm hole? can you go faster through a worm hole? is is a shortcut?

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I remember reading somewhere that it is possible to to bend space, or something to that effect. I read this a long time ago.

jan.

23. John99 Banned Banned

That is about the most i heard about it also.