Only Cranks and Wierdo's See UFO's

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Green Destiny, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

This has definitely gone very off topic. Remember please that this was about Hawking making a claim about UFO's not being alien spacecrafts, now we've got pictures of "aliens" in the thread and people arguing over what to believe.

One simple point for the "aliens exist" camp, they tend to believe that the "Military Government Elitists" are keeping everything hidden, however how many countries are on this planet of ours?, how many of those countries would love to undermine the secrecy of another country by bringing to light something that was "buried"? (too many to mention) There is no way the entire worlds governments could agree to keep aliens a secret, they can't even agree on what actions to take when one or other country plays up.

So please get a grip with reality and don't let all your grey matter (not aliens but that brain tissue you have) concentrate on things of no material value (unless of course you are doing a Phd in Philosophy then by all means talk about non-material things all you like)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Green Destiny Banned Banned

Oh I know I am going to be asked to source this...

But I remember something about the Russian Government coming out and saying ''We know America knows something''.

What if there is a chance they are just as unknowing as the public is... unless there is a world-wide understanding among the secret intelligences, which may not be so far off contemplating, if one can contemplate the existence of extraterestials.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ripley Valued Senior Member

If adults must peer down at a newly born infant, then among the first impressions garnered for the child of the adult world should also include size. Everything about the adult should invoke a sense of massiveness and strength in the child. Indeed, those same traits will enforce a sense of security and will pacify and sooth a child's confusion. But Gray's are described as being frigid and frail. Other equally strong impressions for an infant of the adult should also include touch and smell. When an adult embraces a child, those hands should seem to completely envelope it both in strength and in size. The smell of a frequently returning adult will register familiarity. Grays are depicted as being thin and undersized. No odor.

I think it's more common nonetheless for an adult to focus their attention upon the child, i.e., their faces. Not their craniums—lest they might drop them.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

That's already been suggested by someone further back in the thread, Where they seem to think that the intellectual elite is either all military or passed up by any "alien interaction" because they are after some special redneck hillbilly to communicate with instead.

I'll explain it very simply, All peoples thoughts on Alien interaction is Psychology at the very least. (psychiatry for the most part), I mean there have been studies (By psychiatrists) to suggest that anyone could have a perceived abduction or say they have seen aliens, however the reality is that it's a manifestation of their subconscious mind.

To my knowledge it's just nutty stuff that would be fed to you to force the sale of psychiatric pills.

8. Green Destiny Banned Banned

I would rather stay away from the topic of alien abductees, but thank you for your input.

I would like to say however, I am interested only in hard physical evidence. Hopefully that can be manifested one way or another.

9. Green Destiny Banned Banned

However, there is a very small chance, and I say small in very much cosmological scales, so basically there is a very small chance on the scales of the universe which is a pool of probability, that perhaps an alien race has indeed contacted us, maybe not so much face-to-face, but by interaction, one of pure secret and utter audacity.

I could see why a government would hide this. Only a terrified parliment, or congress of ordinary men could be so afraid to envision the possibility that a race so advanced than us has been watching us for longer than we could imagine.

I know it would terrify me.

In fact, I am terrified of the thought of it, when you honestly weigh the evidence in - the mass sightings are perfect example of more than one crackpot telling you that these objects maneuvering at speeds and centrifugal induced patterns across the sky. That is very terrifying to believe that perhaps a massive conspiracy is behind the conspiracy of aliens.

Now that is beginning to sound like a turn of logic going on there. That's what it was.

Afterall, we know that mass-sightings have occurred all over the world, sometimes in full view of audiences of many. Then military personnel coming forward - people who have atleast a 60% chance of having credible status and possibly a PhD in some science-related crudential. There's been atleast several I know of, I bet there is actually a great deal more.

And now to my attention, not the fear-factor of UFO's, but someone here has mentioned possible UFO microchips embedded beneath the epidermis, which could cause alarm if the cases stated (or alleged?) are in fact found to be substantiated with evidence. Let us see if that can happen, that is, weighing in the facts.

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

The problem with that is the fact there there are NO facts to be weighed! Nothing tangible at all. Even the best "evidence" possible is nothing more than reputable people who have seen things in the sky they can't explain. And there's certainly no proof of anything in that - everyone sees things at one point or another that they can't readily identify. :shrug:

11. Green Destiny Banned Banned

I don't believe that mass-halicinations can be discredited as something being there. As much as there is no scientist today who is willing to come forward with damning evidence, if such a scientist exists, then I cannot say that theories of mass-halucinations exist. In fact, it may not be even that. I am sure some statistic says somewhere that maybe 80% of UFO sightings are in fact explainable but the remaining percentage is the phenomenon that catches whoever's attention.

I won't give up hope, that we are so stupid to mistake a UFO (a proper one) wittnessed by more than one, that is not a bird, or a cloud, but something which moves as though there is an intelligence involved behind the works.

I have faith in humans to some extent.

12. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Noting wrong with having faith - however, you do have a big problem with stubbornness. Just keep in mind that LARGE numbers of people can see things they can't identify. But that hardly makes such things alien craft.

13. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Well, facts or no facts, I see no logical reason why an extraterrestrial people with an iota of common sense would care to inaugurate planet-wide contact with a global village of natives. So far, this seems to be the case.

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

And I agree with that. They would have much more interesting things to get involved with.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It would be sort of like if we discovered the "planet of the ants" with even better stuff nearby.

15. Neverfly Banned Banned

All of this is a good argument.
    I can provide plenty of excellent examples that demonstrate my side, too.

I don't really see the point.

I doubt that you read the link.

I doubt that you ever wanted to consider a local and perfectly mundane cause for the 'gray' (Yes, gray is a color and Grey is a name") description.
    You're arguing as if an infants brain is fully developed. It isn't. You're arguing as if the average person has substantial memories from that age. The average person doesn't.

I don't see much point in continuing this banter back and forth.

16. Ripley Valued Senior Member

And I never saw the point in such a ludicrous rationale to begin with. Besides, had you done any research yourself on people's accounts of the Grays, you would have found that not all Grays are grey.

And I suppose your statistics prove otherwise.

Why? Because all of my examples are of a "good argument"? I'm flattered.

17. John99 Banned Banned

Stryder, i thought this was Loris thread. Usually i check so i can understand the situation at hand.

You can clean out my posts.

18. Neverfly Banned Banned

Funny, because top psychiatrists came up with the rationale.

What are your credentials, again?

As far as research goes... I have far more under my belt than you know about. But then, it makes it simple for you to assume I have none, right?

I'm well aware of the accounts and the descriptions and the psychology behind it... and that you're in denial because you dislike the notion.

Knock yourself out. It's no skin off my nose if you prefer stupidity.

19. Ripley Valued Senior Member

So should I give obeisance to them? Or curtsy your obedience to them?

What business is it of yours? I don't recall listed among Sciforums' regulations that a resumé needs to be submitted. Or is that the only receipt required around here to prove or disprove experiences with the UFO/alien phenomena? Gosh, how indecently cliquish.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Except, instead of third party research, my approach has been more direct. So in a way, I'm watching not from the pit but from a private balcony.

Experience with the UFO/alien phenomena? Nope.

How presumptuous—a common attitude amongst the mundane debunkers. Flat.

My. That line is getting tired. One would think you've monopolized stupidity.

20. Neverfly Banned Banned

Ripley, are you saying that you have had direct experiences with UFO's, Extra Terrestrials etc?

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

Dude, Leir has been discussed here before

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=89550&highlight=leir

, and debunked, but you know woowoos, they just go quiet for a while, and then re-iterate falsehoods without adding any evidence.

22. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

Agreed.

I also think that the core of the issue here actually relies on the homocentric ego of our species. It has the same basic dynamics of the monotheist religions; humans are special, everyone wants a piece of them; deamons, hell spawns,aliens, beings from other dimensions...etc. That's why this UFO nonsense has grown out in the way of radical new founded religions and cults.

It's a pathetic way of self promotion feeds on ignorance. Noone wants to accept the fact that we are just an underdeveloped species of apes dreaming about advanced species being interested in us.

Think about some pathetic famous characters in media who thinks everything revolves around them, that they're superior to anything and above anything and do anything for attention. Just in this case it's a more pathetic delusion, because there isn't even any flash lights or fans around.

23. jeremiah Registered Member

UFO's

Hi:
    I'm new to this forum.
    I'm interested in Ufology and the effect it has on the mind of the witness.

Jeremiah