On the toss of a coin

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Waiter_2001, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

Please try to imagine the toss of a coin. The coin must be tossed to a height that cannot be reached. And should THE RESULT also be out of reach, is the coin not destined to spin at its peak for eternity? However i cannot hide such things as the result of the toss of a coin. However the coin must be destined to reveal its answer after falling to the floor. And so the result is standard and called, as a man stands ON HIS FEET (tails) with his HEAD held high (heads.) Common sense shows how coin after coin must fall on its tail, showing its head. Coins tossed and naturally called provide a stack, on top of which is a head. The head of the top coin. We may pay respects here by placing a bust or statue atop the coins, however i find the stack to be cumbersome. It is in the way! Now we must GO AROUND. We shall not go directly. Again, WE SHALL GO AROUND.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

W. T. F. is this?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

Its a logical (philosophical) study of the toss of a coin.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Not so far it isn't.

8. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Sounds like somebody is stoned out of their gourd. I thought this was going to talk about the uniform PDF or something. Instead it sounds like a place to compare which kind of bongs folks got for Christmas.

9. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

If you toss a coin and allow it to fall onto the floor, the two possibilities are naturally selected. Tails is down and heads is to the top. As a man standing portrays. His head is at the top, leaving tails down.

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Or it lands on its edge.
    As for your "metaphor" about it resembling a man... so what? (And how does it fit if the coin lands head down?)

11. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

A man stands with his head at the top, and as he is flipping the coin, he is ultimately deciding the result.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No he's not.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

a poster that is breaking site rules by not posting in english.

14. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

I think he is. He's flipping the coin and causing the result. I have eventually concluded to go around the coins meaning coins shall not be tossed after all: coins shall be avoided.