On Bullshit...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by DarkEyedBeauty, Jun 3, 2005.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Be careful. You might destroy her delusional fantasy that her precious educational system is not flawed "bullshit" from the ground up.

According to her zone of tranquidiodicy, the few systems that do approach the progressive do not exist because she has never seen them before in her oh so lengthy experiences with all these hundreds of teachers and students.

If you go too far, she might stop trying to actually learn something, and join the rest of the bunch that is on the "path of least resistance". Wouldn't want that to happen.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

You know what, enough of the ad hominem cool skill, grow up.

I'm not saying that the current educational system is perfect, I've quite clearly stated that it needs change.

And, as I said, it is absurd to think that every student can do the same in a class. That is inarguable, people are just not equal mentally.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Maybe you’re the one that should grow up. Your whole joke of an argument is obviously the only thing that is absurd here. If you weren't such a pretentious moron, this whole discussion would be unnecessary. Any pompous terrorist that would petition to have students removed from a class needs to be seriously checked for acquired idioticybraindeficiency syndrome.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

Change in curriculum, as I keep saying.

8. Koyaanisqatsi Banned Banned

I think, right there, you've just encapsulated one of the major problems with American society (And many others). A sense of responsibilty for one's self has been replaced with assigning culpability.

Aside: You also speak as one who has never sat staring out of a window twiddling his thumbs while a teacher kept the teaching at the "required pace".

You're a twit.

To whit...

"The best place to find bullshitting is among those whose obligation to speak exceeds their knowledge."
    Perfect.

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

An exact description of your complete stupidity. You’re a dufus with no sense of reality. Your assertions are completely brainless and baseless.
    Get a clue. You’re an idiot. The only person that has encapsulated one of the major problems with American society is you. The only reason you are here is to flame. Go find yourself a brain cell. Because obviously the only thing in your skull is a full pile of shit which is the only thing that has come out of you thus far. MORON.

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Your exact words:
    “I used to write up petitions in my high school to change the curriculum for some advanced placement classes that I was in because kids were taking them and slowing the class down.”
    “there are lower level classes in which some students can be moved to”
    “You certainly wouldn't be responsible for the dumbing down of America by holding back able-bodied students, now would you?”
    “Sink or swim.”

According to your description, your proposed adjustment in curriculum entails stratification based on a completely retarded unfounded schemata. The purpose of your change for the worse is self interest. It’s a proposal with an adverse affect on students other than yourself. A proposal you consider to be in the best interest of a higher education level for America, and therefore creating a more intelligent America. Get real.

1. You are prioritizing your own best interest over the best interest of others.
    2. You are using your own best interest as the basis of your opinion of what the best interest of other students would be.
    3. You are prioritizing your opinion of what is in their best interest over their own opinion of what is in their own best interest. All for your own best interest which is what you have decided is in their best interest as well.
    4. You equate what is in your own best interest with what is in the best interest of creating a more educated America.

You are not proposing a progressive change in methods of instruction or a progressive lesson plan in the best interest of the students according to the opinions of the students. What you are proposing is completely pretentious and unfair to others.

11. Koyaanisqatsi Banned Banned

What a pile of bullshit.

12. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Yes you are.

13. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Cool Skill:
    I only regret erasing ‘chink’ now.

You'll never guess.

But here's what's funny.
    Hearing a genius talk about 'progressive' education when, for him, the productivity of any classroom is only the reflection of who is teaching it.
    See, for this genius, you, it does not matter that the educational system is extremely short budgeted so that classrooms nationwide are forced to cram as many students in one room as possible- 'classrooms', that is, meaning small compartments where the incredibly incompetent are set side by side with the extraordinarily competent and all those in between where all are forced to share the same resources.

You know, like a stable crammed with a few priceless stallions, a bunch of mules and a ton of dead mice. And only one trough for all of them.

All you have to do is sit back and watch all those tiny mice and sick mules infect that gorgeous stallion down to nothing.

Which is essentially what happens in a classroom catering as equally to those ill-prepared for the material as to those a perfect fit for it, those beyond it, and those who could not care less to even show up to contend with it.
    This is why we have special ed, Cool.
    This is why we have advanced placement, Coolio..
    This is why the system allows a few stallions to skip grades, Coolio.
    As fucked as the system is, at least it attempts to improve itself.

And pay attention to the course agenda per semester, Coolio.
    You’ll find, as it happened in my high school, that some interesting classes like Latin or Physics or even Astronomy were once offered but no longer because of poor performance by a class body made up of a fucking Many that showed no interest or did poorly significantly enough so that those few that did also had to pay for it.

See, you bought into all that “Stand Up and Deliver” bullshit. Alamos went slumming and you bought it, does it appeal?
    Idiot.
    That whole taking a load of disinterested, imbecilic hoodrats under your wing and enamoring a whole classroom of them with school by teaching it calculus where before half of them didn’t even care to show up…. is Hollywood.

Artistic lisence. In other words, bullshit.
    Base on a 'true' story or not. So was the Amytaville "horror".

One good teacher can make a change though, but only in one who is changeable which are by far precious few.
    I have an astronomy teacher to salute here.
    But that one good teacher can so easily be suffocated by stupidity, and it happens.

Aha, you little genius.

So, shove this-
    Up your pussy.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Wrong. Get real.

No it does not. If it in any way did, weak.

Losers like yourself? How sad. Are you playing the violin?

I remembered seeing part of that movie. I could not recall what it was about until you mentioned calculus. So they had a good teacher, and it was a hyperbolic depiction of real life. You still lack any proposition in the overall midst of your bantering.

And that is supposed to be bullshit as opposed to what now?

Shove your pointless bantering up yourself.
    As usual, you have provided no proposition that anybody can place. Therefore, I would assume it to be that making weak excuses and mindless cop outs are far better than taking flawed curriculums for a farse. Try making a point somewhere other than yammering on with no objective. Sorry but we cannot come to any conclusion about a proposition unless you provide one before you support it. Otherwise, mindless mornics.

15. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Cool Skill,

It must be that you are indeed possessed by an evil spirit.

16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

CoolSkill oughta change his username to Anus.
    Every post I see from him just proves it even more so than the last.

17. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Vert:
    I think he does it on purpose sometimes, but I must say inanity is irresistable.

It got me writing a whole book on Schivao. Schiavo

Cool Skill
    Then tell me, my brilliant friend.

Why does the system offer advanced placement, special education, or the permission to skip grades?

My point, you fucking genius, is that knowledge is a state achievable only among those willing to know.
    My point, you wonderful retard, is that those not willing to know are burden on those that are willing
    My point, you god, is that this burden of those not willing to know is a far greater problem than any institutional flaw you can muster- case (flaw) in point, SATs.
    Why? Mass.
    And my point, you gorgeous Einstein, is that the onus does not lie only with the teacher.

The way you'd have it.

What is bullshit then?
    When one's obligation to speak exceeds their knowledge.
    Too, when one's compulsion to defend some stupid point (its the teacher's fault! its the teacher's fault, booga booga boo, issateecherz fault!!!) exceeds their ability to do it.

What's a more criminal form of bullshit?
    That I know this about you but keep posting anway.
    I should be shot.

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Gendanken,

Yeah. I think so too, about him doing it on purpose anyway. I dunno about it being irresistable. Don't you get tired of listening to "fat mama" insults? And quips about pimps and donkeys?

He doesn't even put any effort into his inanity.
    He's going just reply to your post with something like this:

"Look. Moron. You're a fucking moron. And your mama is fat and your donkey is your mother's uncle and you're a real idiot and you are just so wrong. So there."

I can almost picture him snapping his fingers as he 'zings' you with his hackneyed tripe.

Or maybe he licks his finger and then touches it to his ass and goes, "Ssss!"

I'm not sure what I think about skipping grades. When I was young, I was offered the chance to skip grades My mother turned it down because she didn't like the idea of me being put into a situation where I would be socially awkward. I can see her point. But not only about social affairs. Because the truth is, I probably wouldn't even have worried about the social bullshit. My friends would have remained my friends, I wasn't in the same grade as them anyway, and school would have just been school.

However, there is something to be said for the fact that children may be incredibly intelligent. Geniuses that could easily vie with college students. But, even so, they're still children.

I was a mature little fucker. I understood a lot of things, but I also didn't understand a lot of things. I missed out on learning a lot of simple things simply because everyone thought I already knew. The situation would be even more marked in an advanced placement sort of situation.

The problem with Gifted programs is I don't think the teachers understand that the kids they're teaching are kids. They think of them as little adults and while this has its uses, it causes a lot of things to go by the wayside and be glanced over.

Anyway.
    This is kinda off topic.

No. You should be stabbed with a spoon.

19. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Good point.

But how are bright children more easily suffocated?
    By peers, their parents, or teachers?

Where is self-hate in an anxious need for acceptance most common?
    Or one of those sweet rape scimitars.

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Peers. You're right.
    But, if you take a child and place him in a situation where he has no peers whatsoever. What then?

I think the best solution would be classes that cater to only the best and the brightest. But, these have their problems. They cost more money and therefore there is a feeling that some type of tangible reward should be gleaned from it. Whether it be quiz bowl or chess championships or software design.
    The children go from being bored in a classroom full of fools to a situation where they are demanded to be almost superhuman.
    Their childhood can be altogether stripped by the system in this way by demanding a return on their investment.

Many children burn out because of these tactics. They learn not to care anymore. They give up.

But, only the best and brightest would make it through, right? And if we suffer some casualties on the way? No big deal?

I don't think that way. I think that the casualties should come from the morons. Not the bright ones.

It's a tricky situation all around.

But you don't have a penis. Except that one you keep in a jar...

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Yes you should. That would mean no more idiotic ramblings.

More points to support some unknown proposition. Let me put it this way. What is the proposition you are supporting with all these ridiculous points?
    Or what exactly is the proposition that I made, and you disagree with?
    Is it when I say that the problem lies in the learning system, and not the students that are being subjected to it?
    Is it the definition of the problem?
    Problem: The students are not getting a proper education.
    Cause: The curriculum and the teachers are flawed.
    What is with this paraplegic method of flaming? Have you been degraded to censoring yourself?

I think I’ve already been over this.
    There is no difficulty in figuring it out. The only reason they would implement such a charade as a standard is because they are flawed. What more reason do you need? ‘Bullshit’ solutions for a flawed infrastructure.
    If teachers are a joke. If the lesson plan is a joke. Students are thrown off. Is this problem addressed by going to the root of what caused it? Not in a flawed system. Therefore, peasly quickfixes that avoid the actual problem are not surprisingly the most obvious solution in the eyes of dimwits that administer a flawed system. As well as its purporters such as yourself.

I’d hardly consider these 2 completely improvable and groundless assumptions to be anywhere close to realistic.

What are you talking about? It’s all part of one big happy flaw. It’s a regular circle of breeding illiteracy. Sure this burden is a symptom that contributes to the problem. But it is hardly the root of it.

It lies in whatever it is that the teachers are a product of.
    This is your proposal: The student if not wholly to blame is at least partly to blame for their own lack of intellectual progress.
    What a complete load of utter baseless crap.
    As I have stated, the teacher along with the system that the teacher works for is wholly responsible for the intellectual progress of students within the system. I have provided points to elaborate on why this is already. You seem to lack any decent concept of reality. I shouldn’t be surprised. This lack of concept is at the source of every social problem there is including this dilemma with the education system.

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Invert and Water, this is not the flame Cool Skill thread. If you have the urge to flame, take it elsewhere. Stalkers.

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you should get off of your obsessed meanderings and get hit by a truck. Perhaps if you tell your shrink to up your dosage, you wouldn’t be following Cool Skill around with an arsenal of mediocre flames.

Living proof that your mother is as dumb as she is fat. I see it runs in the family.

I’m sure. As mature as epileptic tantrum with obsessive stalker tendencies.