Obama has permenantly won me over with this comment!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganymede, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

then you agree with me there is a difference, and your definition is flawed, consciously or not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Carcano Valued Senior Member

There is certainly a difference between modern religious interpretations and original scripture yes.

When I address christianity for example I am addressing scriptural christianity as it was practised right up until the last century...not the hybridization with secular humanism currently popular among those who call themselves christians.

All the major figures in the bible are fundamentalists...including GOD!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

its not the religion, its the era, and the people. i was talking about the part you separated like me, the violence part, from the spiritual one, something you didnt do at first.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Carcano Valued Senior Member

In many cases the more spiritual a tradition is, the more violent it becomes.

Because the focal point is not of this earth and this life, so great acts of violence are deified as a sacrifice and a quick passage into the promised land.

8. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

then why it isnt so in judaism? there is a spiritual world in judaism and still there is no such as sacrifice to the next world as life are considered precious.

9. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Because in Judaism as it was origianlly conceived there is very little spirituality.

The only afterworld in the Jewish Bible is Sheol, which is nothing like the christian conception of heaven and hell.

Yahweh's blessings and punishments in the Jewish bible take place in this world, not after death.

Is all life sacred in Judaism? No certainly not. The Bible tells us that Yahweh wiped out the entire popualtion of the earth at one point, every man women and child aside from Noah and his family.

And if you werent one of the 'chosen people', you were liable to be trampled down with impunity by Gods armies...esp if you happened to be occupying certain choice bits of real estate on the meditteranean coast!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  10. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear Mr Spock,

I hope all is going well with you.

I would not know whether Carcano is Big or little so i can't answer that, the fact that he thinks God is fundamentalist, thats his opinion, he is allowed to give his opinion, no problem as far as i am concerned.

Its like the mighty buffalo, i dont agree with many of his posts, but still i think he is a decent chap and regard him as a friend. I am sure that is the same from Buffalo in respect of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

take it ez
    zak

11. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

theres no question buffalo is a great guy. unlike some people here....

12. Sgt_Fury Registered Senior Member

The fact that won you ever, makes me truly question your awareness about this world.

With allies like those, who needs the Vichi French?

13. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear Mr Spock,

its is great to hear we agree on one thing.

So why do you think the Mighty Buffalo, is a great guy?

~~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

14. broadandbeaver 'Now I am become Death Registered Senior Member

How did this thread go from
    To Judaism? People are idiots...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

you mean obama isnt a jew? :bugeye:

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Most likely becasue of the opening post:

17. Beryl WWAD What Would Athelwulf Do? Registered Senior Member

That is promising, although I'm still a little troubled by some others comments he's made (not in the debate - although I was unable to watch it so I don't know what all was said - but just stuff I've read in articles) regarding the Israel situation.

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

no.

peace.

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

And what they're willing to do once they've got it.

20. sandy Banned Banned

I'm new and haven't read every line of every post here, so if this has already been said please forgive me.

Uh... the EU is not our ally. They hate us. Britain, Australia, and Israel are our top allies. The EU is also not a country.

I don't trust Barack Hussein Obama. He doesn't have enough experience, knowledge, or faith to be POTUS. His faith scandals will hurt him with Christians.

He generalizes. He is a dreamer not a doer. He's too wimpy to be an effective
    POTUS during war time.

21. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear Sandy,

I was wondering who your option for president would be then?

~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

22. sandy Banned Banned

Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter--with Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Joseph Farah, Neil Boortz, Debbie Schlussel, Matt Drudge, Michael Savage, Michelle Malkin, John Hagee, Joyce Meyer, and Creflo Dollar, as cabinet members.

Seriously, no one yet. Mitt Romney would be good but Christians won't elect a Mormon. Edwards would be ok but he's way too weak/liberal. I find these two the least offensive of the pack. Fred Thompson is being mentioned by the right. Americans won't elect a bald guy with cancer. Sad but true.

I have no favorite yet. When I do, I will support him and he will win. Just like in the last 2 elections.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Lemmings come to mind.