Nuremberg Trials

Discussion in 'History' started by Da Vinci, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Poincare's Stepchild Inside a Klein bottle. Registered Senior Member

Do you mind giving a source for this? I googled it, and the ONLY source I could find was Rixon Stewart. And if you believe him, I have a bridge I would like to sell you...

BTW, Stewart numbers just don't add up. If you check the German census for '39 and '46, you will find that about 6 million Germans died in WWII. The vast majority of these were military personel, and most of those died on the Eastern Front.

The Nazis were sticklers for keeping records, and while they do show a large number of German soldiers dying in Soviet captivity, they do not show any large number of Allied prisoners being killed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

i also googled it and he doesn't cite any credible sources

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

The defendants who were missing from the Nuremburg trials were the German Industrialists such as those who controlled Siemens and Thyssens which owned and operated the Aushwitz/Birkenau complex as a vast industrial park . This is a section of the Nazi criminality which was never touched , no German CEO was ever prosecuted . In fact they were protected by the something the film Judgement at Nuremburg never addressed .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. River Ape Valued Senior Member

OK, I admit to giving you the most dramatic quote I could find . . . simply as an alert to a subject that is rarely discussed! (And it is not one of the aspects of WWII I have researched properly myself.)

There's not a lot to be found on the Net, but try googling, for example: "Van Roden" "American Atrocities in Germany".

The British press has recently been giving voice to those concerned with routine abuse by US troops of Iraqis, whom they regard as sub-human. (Google "Ben Griffin" for the story of one former SAS man whose views have been given an airing recently.)

I have to say that this sounded familiar to me from stories I have heard from British servicemen who served in WWII and became part of the Allied occupation force. How did they feel about the Germans? "Just a few really hated them." "There were plenty who preferred them to the French." "Our lot knew they were lucky to be in the British Zone."

The Russians treated the defeated Germans atrociously, military and civilian alike, and no surprise under the circumstances. But from my hearing of things, there were plenty of Americans eager to find an opportunity to take revenge for the deaths of fallen comrades, and not a lot was done to reign them in. Was the US policy of political education of its troops designed to instill a hatred of the Germans that the average British Tommy did not share? It would be interesting to know.

Of course, in 1948, Stalin did a wonderful job of creating unity between the West Germans and the occupying powers by blockading Berlin. The world changed and past recriminations were put aside.

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

it's funny that you should only mention "american atrocities"

every country that germany invaded did their share of killing germans
    germany got exactly what it deserved

i have no love at all for those screwed up in the head nazis

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Not all were Nazis.

10. River Ape Valued Senior Member

I thought I wrote: "The Russians treated the defeated Germans atrociously, military and civilian alike, and no surprise under the circumstances."

Let's be clear about this. You commend the Russians for the mass rape of German women and the Americans for their torture of German prisoners?

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

in war turn about is fair play is it not?

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes, let's do be clear about this
    the nazis were the most despicable people to ever inhabit the planet

do you commend the sensless slaughter of millions upon millions of innocent people by the fucked up nazis?????

the nazis got what they deserved

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes, if you want to get technical, all germans weren't nazis

14. River Ape Valued Senior Member

Anyone who imagines that their enemy in their last major conflict was uniquely evil has a rather myopic view of history.

15. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

The Nazis had some good ideas.

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

how about listing a few
    don't forget, we are talking about good ideas of the nazis not of germany, there is a difference.

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

okay, i'll agree
    let's say of the past 300 years then

18. mountainhare Banned Banned

longlostlady:
    Conjecture. Austria was determined to pacify the Serbs. They were screaming for blood after the assassination.

However, let's assume that without German support, Austria wouldn't have invaded Serbia. So what? Using your logic, I could claim that Russia started WWII. After all, without Russian support, Germany might have thought twice about invading Western Europe.

Failure to reign in an ally isn't causing a war. Condoning it, perhaps. But Serbia chose to attack Austria. Austria chose to retaliate. Russia chose to make a blatant threat. Everyone in the debacle had free will, and to claim that Germany started WWI because it didn't control Austria is hilarious bullshit. Since when was Germany responsible for the actions of its ally?

leopald:
    Nope. I'm afraid not, and the Geneva Conventions make this pretty clear. By engaging in your own atrocities, you lose whatever moral highground you may have previously possessed. It thus becomes hypocritical for you to whine about Nazi atrocities, when your side is doing the exact same thing.

19. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Exactly. The Allies are hypocrites who nuked civilians. Throw 'em in ovens and gas 'em.

20. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

RACITS!!1!!!

21. mountainhare Banned Banned

Hehe.
    "BECUZ WEE AL NO DAT 'DA FINIL SOLOOSHUN' WAZ TEH ONLEE POLICEE OF TEH NAZZI PARTEE!!!1111SHIFT+1"

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

mountainwhore
    why do you insist on abusing my screen name?
    the first time i over looked it as a honest mistake
    but it seems i was wrong
    whats up , can't you read?

23. mountainhare Banned Banned

lamerpold99
    I didn't abuse your screename, retard. 'Leopold' is generally spelt 'Leopald' in Australia.

Nevertheless, it's a nitpick. Are you going to argue points instead of red herrings?