Nuclear war between India and Pakistan

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Michael, Apr 8, 2008.

1. draqon Banned Banned

this map shows by size relative to country the amount of nuclear weapons that country has....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

in a nuclear war between Pakistan and India...India would win.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

If the U.S. and Nato didn't have nukes, Russia would have over run the rest of Europe in the Fifties.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Typical Russian attitude, winner in a nuclear war?

8. superstring01 Moderator

"Winning" in a nuclear war is a difficult thing, no matter who is more destroyed. India would most certainly loose it's ten most populous cities, its economy would be utterly annihilated for at least twenty years and probably a hundred million would lose their lives.

Such a victory would be Pyrrhic at best.

~String

9. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

India would definitely win a land invasion as well.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really? now explain why? and what would stop Pakistan from going nuclear as a final option?

11. draqon Banned Banned

typical Western attitude.

12. superstring01 Moderator

Yeah, because the USSR wasn't intent on spreading it's imperial rule everywhere. There was a brutal competition for the minds of most of the world's population. Russians were half of that conflict. I want to say, "Typical Russian stupidity", but Russians aren't stupid. What's your excuse?

~String

13. draqon Banned Banned

nationalism

14. superstring01 Moderator

Great! Love Russia all you want. I love the USA, but I'm not blind to the ridiculous things this nation did and still does. If you are willingly blinded by Russia's imperialistic past, then you're a willing idiot and that is probably the lowest thing imaginable. I mean, do you really deny that the various Russian empires didn't try to conquer and oppress? Russians are imperialists (certainly not the only ones, or the worst). But the Russian government is like all governments: motivated by the preservation of power more than the betterment of individual people. IT just so happens that "bettering" society helps the Russian power-holders stay in power, so they are willing to help people, but when those goals diverge, watch the people suffer. It's the same in every country. Don't be fooled.

Again, do you deny the fact that Russia was one half of a conflict and who's interest was concquest and domination of the world (I mean, they openly stated that goal, Draq), including Western Europe and the USA? Nukes stopped them (and the West) in their tracks. That's not a fact that should be ensconced by nationalism, no matter how much you love your country.

~String

15. draqon Banned Banned

Russia has no intention of taking over the world, what belongs to it will come back to its rule once more however.

16. superstring01 Moderator

Draq, I am referring to this line of conversation, so stop distracting from the fact.

We were talking about Russia's history in the past Draq. Are you really that stupid? The Cold War and the spread of communism and the fact that Nuclear weapons stopped the Russian imperialism in its tracks. And you denied that fact by some brilliant bon mots "Typical Western attitude." So, by that statement I can surmise that you have zero education on history and only accept the invented facts that Russia is a glorious innocent nation that never did or intended any harm? If so, then I reiterate: You're as dumb as the day is long.

Look. You're like an old Southerner saying, "The South will RISE again!" What's Russia going to do? Reconquer Finland and Alaska (once parts of the Russian empire)-- we both know that won't happen. What about Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania? They are part of NATO and the EU now. Ukraine, though not a member of NATO has signed treaties of mutual protection with the USA and EU members and is a member of the UN-- it ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Armenia and Kirghistan all have treaties with the west AND have United States' military bases on their soil in order to safeguard them from Russian imperialism. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon and certainly aren't going to be conquered by Russia in the foreseeable future.

All this US expansion may make you want to ask, "Why the USA over Russia, the historical ally?" The answer lies in the hearts of the people once dominated by Russia. They aren't fond of their history with Russia and it says a lot that they prefer US imperialism over that of Russia.

~String

17. draqon Banned Banned

Look what do you want?

18. superstring01 Moderator

For you to see the truth. I'm not saying, "HEY THE USA IS GREAT AND INNOCENT." I see no reason why the USA should have military bases all over Earth. But you live in a bubble if you think that Russia has an innocent past and is all full of love, joy and peace right now. That's just plain naive.

~String

19. draqon Banned Banned

Yeah well I don't see Russia as being naive, a large chunk of land needs control over it.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, large chuncks of other Nations and peoples land, by military force, murder and blackmail.