nosebleeds!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by lucifers angel, Aug 4, 2009.

1. flameofanor5 Not a cosmic killjoy Registered Senior Member

The fact is, most kids pick their noses even if they say they don't. But I highly doubt he would get seven nosebleeds a day just by picking his nose. Your best bet is to see a doctor.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sharonk868 Registered Member

Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Is it cold and dry were you are I get nose bleeds in the winter due to the cold dry air the Capillaries in my nose are very close to the surface and they crack and bleed. At least this is what the Doc told me. He is not under going Chemo or any thing like that is he. If it is not cold and dry were you are I would get him to the Doc as nose bleeds can be a sign of things far far worse then dried out nose.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I know, I had them last year too, what I think happens is that 1. theres dry weather, 2. allergies,

The first time you get a nosebleed would be like any other, kidna hard to do, but if you have them that frequently, than that means that your blood vessel has tried healing over, but broke again because of the above two points, it's pretty hard to keep from happening, and it doesn't frequently happen, just out of curiosity how old is he? It may have to do with age, when I got them I was 15-16 years old, and I had a 1-2 week episode, though not seven times a day, and havent had it again.

It could be an age thing.

8. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

I've had nosebleeds for most my life and some of them are a bit dramatic at times. I live in pretty much the lowest point in colorado and the combination of cold and dry weather pretty much guarentees me at least 3 bleeds a week sometime 2 or 3 a day!

Ive gotten to the point where they bleed so bad I just hop in the shower and let it bleed out until it stops sometimes 10-15 mins...plugging it or trying to stop it just makes me choke on blood clots and makes a mess all around.

I've had my nose cauterized 3 times and still hasnt fixed the problem. Its EXTREMELY annoying especially how inconvienient/embarrassing it is when it decides to bleed.

If you cant fix it your kid will eventually adapt and accept it as a part of his life. Which sucks...

9. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

there are 3 bloodvesseles at the top of the nasel cavety if these rupture it can cause nose bleeds.. when he gets the DO NOT have him tilt his head back for some reason EVERYONE thinks thats what ur suppose to do and is completely false