North Korea tests nuke 'as powerful as Hiroshima bomb'

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, May 25, 2009.

1. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Germany never even attempted to enrich uranium, they decided it would be too difficult. They concentrated on trying to produce plutonium (which thanks in part to constant allied sabotage they were unable to do). If you haven't heard about it before, look up some of the stuff that allied spies etc. did to sabotage the german plutonium program, it's pretty fascinating.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Germany did try to create the atom bomb. But that was one of their 100 or so random experiments to defeat the allies.

Right next to the rocket fuelled plane, their "stealth bomber" (which was quite ingenious because they would make it shaped like the current B-2, and they figured out this repelled radar waves), and other random ideas.

The problem being this split their research funding 100 ways, and the only one with any potentiol, ie, the A-bomb, was getting one onehundredth the attention the Americans were giving it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

My favorite is where a barge was ferrying heavy water tanks across a river and some spies directed an airstrike against it which sank it to the bottom of the river.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

wasn't there like a movie on it?

8. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

they were getting heavy water from Norway.. i think the allies bombed the plant into rumble

9. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Between 1942 and 1944 a sequence of sabotage actions by the Norwegian resistance movement, as well as Allied bombing, ensured the destruction of the plant and the loss of the heavy water produced. These operations — codenamed "Freshman", "Grouse" and "Gunnerside" — finally managed to knock the plant out of production in early 1943, basically ending the German research.

10. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

those north Korean, they just scare the shit out of me.
    and i aint someone who get scared so easily.

11. Xylene Valued Senior Member

'The Heroes of Telemark' IIRR--I saw it years ago as a teen, and was quite impressed. I found out later they had taken some liberties with the truth, but that's Hollywood, what do you expect...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Here's a link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_heavy_water_sabotage.

Maybe we need something like that in NK.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

To late, the N.K. have all the heavy water they need and the breeder reactors to produce the fissionable material to build the Bomb.

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

dont say we didnt warned u.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

He's just a extortionist wanting more money and using threats to get more money instead of actually doing anything. Every time the world gives him money to stop doing his bullshit, he just waits a little while then does the samr ploy over and over again and again. I do not think he is stupid enough to use any weapons he develops or he buys from Russia or anyone.

15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

The hiroshima nuke is weak compared to what there is available to Israel , Pakistan and India, not to mention China. What's the fuss about ?

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I highly doubt we know if Israel, Pakistan and India have thermonuclear weapons.

17. grimace Banned Banned

i didnt think so.

18. sushiosoyum Registered Member

I imagine WWIII will happen in, oh, the next 15 years or so +/- 5 years.

:m:

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

we had our fair share of moronic ideas.

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

not to mentions scared off many scientist that would have and were critical to making the atomic bomb.