Noah's ark

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by spuriousmonkey, Mar 9, 2006.

1. terryoh Registered Senior Member

of course, it's hard to accept creationists and religion, but it's easy to accept things like the big bang theory?

matter cannot be created nor destroyed, right? where the matter/energy from the big bang originate from? energy just appeared out of nowhere? the big bang started with a super small particle that exploded to form "everything", right? where did that super small particle come from? it just appeared one day and decided, "hey, i'm going to explode and create everything!"?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Woody:

Yes, lots of sticky details. Have you ever really thought about how absurd the ark story is? If not, read my list of questions carefully. Discuss them with your Creationist friends.

Which manmade structure are you referring to?

What do scientists think it is? Surely somebody must have an idea...

And nobody has taken a closer look?

I don't know. How do you know such photos exist, if they are classified?

I don't know. You tell me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No, it's hard to accept the big bang theory. We accept it because all the available scientific evidence supports it. On the other hand, there's no evidence which supports creationism, and much evidence against it.

Wrong. Matter and energy can be changed one into the other, according to E=mc<sup>2</sup>.

We don't know where all the energy came from, for sure. There are a number of physical theories about where it might have come from.

The fact that not everything is known is not a problem for science. There will always be things we don't know about our universe. Gradually, we chip away at the things we don't know, and learn more.

Not knowing is only a problem for Religion, which claims to already have all the answers.

It's quite a bit more complicated than a "super small particle".

But yes, it is quite possible that it just appeared one day. We know, for example, that even in a pure vacuum there are constant energy fluctuations which can create particles out of nothing for a short time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

30. Kuru is a disease from the New Guinea highlands, which only cannibals can get by eating a person's brains. Which of Noah's family ate somebody's brains to ensure the survival of that disease?

8. wayne_92587 Registered Senior Member

Ark: Noah's Ark, the Ark of the Covenant, a chest of box, Pandora's
    Box, the Holy Ark, the Holy Grail, the Vessel that holds the Seed
    the spirit, the Nature of all living things, Reality, the Spirit, the Nature,
    the Way, of God, the Single True Nature of the Universe which in innate
    to the Reality of Everything, the animate and the inanimate.

Ark is a perversion of the Word Arch; a combining form meaning “chief, leader, ruler,”

9. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

From Source:

So the Great Flood seemed to explain a lot of geological features of the earth.

Interesting

Perhaps Noah's Arc should be called the "great ice flood."

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  10. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

When you say 'Great Flood', do you mean a flood that was truly global?

11. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Yes

12. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

And I take it that this flood is presumed by some to be the agent behind the origin of such formations as the Grand Canyon and Washington's Channeled Scablands?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So again, Woody, where is the debris that would have littered the ocean floor all over the world?

14. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

James R said:

Woody's word substitutions:

The fact that not everything is known is not a problem for true believers. There will always be things we don't know about our universe even things that seemingly contradict a natural explanation. Gradually, we chip away at the things we don't understand, and learn to accept them by faith.

15. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

So Woody, are you saying that a true believer shouldn't enquire as to why the flood water was so selective in where it left its mark, and why - as highlighted by Spidergoat - a global layer of marine sediment was not deposited?

16. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

I've already answered that one in the post about the Black Sea (on this particular thread series). The vegetation you are looking for is found where a lack of oxygen has allowed it to remain (as in the Black Sea).

My quote from the source:

This came from the Black Sea Project Link

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  17. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Woody, you do understand that this makes you a self-professed professional ignoramus, don't you?

SL's word substitutions:

As "True Believers<sup>TM</sup>", we learn to fear and dismiss the things we don't understand, and in our lazyness, roll over like beaten dogs and accept them by faith.

18. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Yes, woody, where is the global layer of marine sediment?

19. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

He will come back with an url of a goldfish buried in a field...

20. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

HaHahahahah!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m:

21. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Possibly the Flood Account could have come this way. It is linked to the Ice Ages. By the way even the American Indians have a version of the great flood.

22. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Ballard found the Titanic.

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Woody, marine sediment world wide?

An asteroid hit 65 million years ago and left a teeny tiny layer of iridium. This flood of yours would have been far worse and it happened only yesterday, geologically speaking. Evidence please?