Nikelodeon's contributions - what are they?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Crunchy Cat, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Man, what a soap opera. We should offer it to NBC....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

This was update time. Just bigger bot activity, nothing more.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

aoopss.. sorry, Plazma

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Btw, I would like to let people know that I have edited my former post:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=1714919&postcount=56

I have removed some of the texts there, because I think I have assume too far.

the soap opera

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

I posted that I liked Nik and thought he was funny. The post was
    deleted.

WTF? Now my nowhere-near-controversial posts are being deleted too? WTF?

8. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

9. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Sorry, that link doesn't appear to work. Again, I don't have any issue with non-serious threads.

10. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

and what about the ones which the inzomnia posted

now crunching cats its is time.... are you big enough though

11. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I am glad you noticed that as well. Do you consider it valuable? Any insights into why he does it? Does he feel he is contributing? I do appreciate that you are taking the time to look around and see what I am seeing. I wish Nik would come by and answer the original questions.

I am really glad you found those. While those posts are not the most in-depth they do clearly show that at some point in the far off past Nik made a an effort. To some extent, that is a relief as I found it really difficult to imagine anyone coming to a site and defining his presence with nothing of substance.

So what changed? How did Nik's handful of posts above give spawn to the thousands of others which don't share those attributes? It seems like you are seeing what I am seeing and also pointed out that in the very beginning (which was quite a long time ago), there were some positive differences.

To Nik: Apologies for the implication that 100% of your posts were spam. Clearly in the very beginning you showed an intention to share real knowledge and even help others. It does appear to be a minority of your posts (seeing as how it took this long to even find them) and multiple users have ackowledged the 1-2 liner / subtle antagonistic posts which appear to be the majority. I do hope you take the opportunity to address the original question.

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Hahhahaha. Love the underated science bit.

13. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

crunching cats

thank you for the apology.. Nick doesnt really give shit about you and all the bullshit you're stressing though..

It would also be good if you cut the arrogance in wanting an explanation from Nick, as if he needs to answer to you.

if plazma and the mob feel fit they can restrict him how they want..

if he wants to post like that then so be it, as if everyone thinks you post are so fuckin amazing anyway!!!

Just stop this victimisation of one guys posts, it aint fuckin health to the muthafckin forum and uis another fuckin example why this forum IMHO is going to pot.

~~~~~~~~~
    Out Zak

14. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I think you are confusing a game with a genuine concern.

I don't think they are nonsense and several users have agreed with my observations so far (even inzomnia who really found the only evidence to support Nik at last trying several times in the beginning).

'We'? Now, if I didn't like you I would offer to suck your wife's dick accordingly but it turns out that I do in fact like you and respect your contributions so I shall refrain on the ad-hom.

15. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I've already signed the pilot contract

16. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Don't worry Sandy, I see this message. Aside from the comedy factor have you engaged Nik with anything of more substance (or vice versa)?

17. sandy Banned Banned

Look, I like him. I don't care what you or anyone else says. He's funny and has a great sense of humor.

18. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

What has it got to do with you?

Seriously, who are you to speak about the contributions of forum members?

If you don’t like his posts, put him on ignore and keep quiet. It’s that simple. And I doubt you've even interacted with the guy. As far as I’m concerned sciforums needs Nik (as well as spuriousmonkey and his crew).

19. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I don't think its nice to pick on forum members.

20. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I know you mean well but my apology was not to you nor should you be anthropomoprhizing Nik's position (whatever it may be). If Nik really doesn't care about a genuine concern a fellow member is bringing up (mind you a concern with alot of evidence) then he should say so. It would speak volumes about his intentions and I can't imagine you would maintain the same loyalty to him if he came back (just for example) with a clear intent to be destructive to both the site and its members.

I reject your request to not care. Sorry.

I think we have two different approaches on how to handle a concern that involves another member directly. I think we both care about the other posters and this site and want the best for both. At the same time I have to ask the question, is it better to say nothing and appease the problem or risk appearing to be trying to drum up a lynch mob? The answer to that question of course is where I think we differ.

21. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I understand that Sandy and I am glad you like him and his sense of humor. That quality is a part of Nik and I am not saying he is a bad person. When you joined this science site, were you strictly joining to meet funny people?

22. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Unless people didn't read Nik's recent posts, or they are very new comers,
    I doubt people did not notice.

Do I consider it valuable? There are some of his posts which I read contain
    information or refreshing humour, and I consider them valuable. There are also
    some which are not, in fact a bit disturbing, but it doesn't bother me much,
    because none of them are personal attacks, not to me at least...

No I don't have any insights, but I do have some assumptions. One of the
    assumptions could be related to this:
    http://www.sciforums.com:80/showthread.php?t=73861

I noticed that before and after the locking of that thread, his one liner style
    did not change much, but his approach to people somewhat has changed.
    But this is just an assumption.

That, could only be answered by Nik himself

I am glad if it helps. For your information, I haven't been here so long, less
    than a year, Nik was here longer than me. Although I could dig up his posts
    history since the very beginning, it is impossible for me to know exactly what
    have been going on, because I did not understand the overall context and
    situation of the forum in the times when I did not follow it.

Thats really gentle of you

23. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I care about the forum and its members.

Someone whos gone through alot of them? Go through Nik's last 100 posts and honestly tell me what you see.

Nik is part of spuriousmonkey's crew (the banned members of which have chosen to never come back consequently). In fact he has contributed to an entire subforum whose bulk of threads have destructive intent for this forum. Would you like to see the evidence and upon seeing it are you sure that's what this forum needs?

Of course not. Humans judge each other by one criteria and one criteria only. Are they mean? Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish the difference between a genuine concern and intentionally being mean... especially when someone is singled out. Re-read the OP with the former intention in mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.