Nickelback booed of stage

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by sargentlard, Jun 8, 2004.

1. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

Hahahah you should've seen me automatically hit "Report bad post" before correcting it for "reply", I should've stuck with my first choice

Just kidding, do0d there's like a million differences man. The Spanish sound is sooo dry to begin with. Plus, Portuguese sounds more like Italian + French with its own set of phonetics. Telling apart portuguese from Spanish should be like telling English apart from German in a few words.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

YEHAS!! Amazing! The video all should see.

'Or do you guys want to rock and roll?' - bet he didn't expect them to be supplying the rocks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

lol, good one Thor. I don't need to see the vid. I watched it on the news a million times.

Portuguese and Spanish are nothing alike to natives of either language. Although we pick up spanish better then they pick up Port.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

When did it happen? I have to show my friends (one is a Nickel fan).

I couldn't comprehend what language it was at first but I didn't want to hear some goit talk over the vid.

8. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

It happend on the 21st of August back in 2002.

I read that Slipknot were the headliner. A bad omen for Nickelback I would say

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Really, why? I can't decide which band is worst to be honest.

10. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I would agree that both are crap, but I really think that Slipknot fans do not like Nickelback that much. And since Slipknot was the headliner.....

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

And since Slipknow was the headliner...the Portuguese went there for a really crap show. Are they mad?

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I do not know, if they had also thrown rocks at Slipknot I would say that they are all right. Perhaps they are only slightly mad? I think I would prefer Slipknot, if I had to chose from those two....

13. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I wander if rocks were thrown at the other bands and Nickelback were the only ones to walk off...or they were reported on because they were quite big then.

Personally, I'd choose the alarmingly pointy anal probe that tests vocal chord arrangment.

14. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I saw Nickelback live a few months ago. They are really good performaers onstage, but it was on their Canadian tour and it was a small concert (in Memorial Gardens in North Bay). They has a lot of pyrotechnics (fire coming out of the floor, loud firecrackers...) and really cool concert lighting which made people get even more into the show. The lead singer was a real jerk though, I now some people that did the volounteer crew and all he did was bitched about a hangover, supposedly he did lined boefor ethe show, but I doubt it.

I saw the video on skoopy a couple weeks ago. I'm suprides they got booed, and got rocks thrown at them. Even though they don't have the best lyrics and songs, I think the ticked was worth it. They also had good warm-up bands at the show that I saw. Thornley and Three Days Grace played a few songs before Nickelback, that was quite exciting.

Like you guys said, other bands have walked off stage. I read that Nirvana once walked off stage because people were throwing stuff at them, and they were one of the best bands of the early 90s.

It was a good show, I think that throwing rocks at any band is disrespectful. Why would you see a show if you don't like the band? I think they were not a populat at that time.

When my friend saw them a long time ago at Bayfest, they were good then too. They are not the best band, but they give a good show. I can't figure it out.

15. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

The thing is that they were trying to weasel their way into a death metal venue. Death metal and pop don't mix. Any first grader should be able to see that. The problem is that these guys probably get caught up in their own ego and think that everyone loves them. It should be a good moral lesson for them. The ass-kissers that flock around aren't representative of the whole of society.

16. JustARide America: 51% fucking idiots Registered Senior Member

Nickelback... exactly what everyone on Earth should get for having to endure their soulless, shitty music.

17. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Like I said, if you don't like the band, boo them at the concert (since they are mainstream and trying to go to a metal venue) and tewll them that they suck, but throwing rocks is overboard. I have been to some really bad concerts and the bands know that they are not liked without the use of rocks.

18. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, I suppose they got a good piece of insight out of the incident.
    "Don´t fuck with death metal fans, they´ll bash you"

19. Arditezza Banned Banned

Nickelback was a good Canadian band before they sold out to America. Sad thing it was too, they might have been prolific. Compare their lyrics from their first album, it's not the same.

Throwing rocks is uncalled for. Booing is okay, or if you are sane... take the opportunity to go have a beer.

20. Hastein Welcome To Kampuchea Registered Senior Member

Go to the store and buy a classical cd. They usually cost about $3..

21. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

that's just meanspirited

22. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

For what it's worth I've heard Pele speaking a very fucked up Spanish on interviews so...

:bugeye:

I guess what these guys could've done also at the concert is just take signs like "fuck you Nickelback" and such, that'd be a better burn for them

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  23. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Use Mozilla Firefox (mozilla.org/products/firefox) with the adblock extention and you won't even see 'em. I rarely see ads anymore.