News from Gaza Part 2

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by S.A.M., Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Wow. Every time I think you can't go any lower with cognitive dissonance, you do. You exceed even yourself, madam.

Oh? IOW, you support using rockets and suicide bombers to blow up little Jewish children. Not so?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I might add the general genocide Hamas has planned for all Jews everywhere (and isn't it odd that Western governments rail only against religious extremists in islam, but that Hamas doesn't care to make that distinction?) but that would be unnecessary in this case.

Now: you have a point about the blockade, as I've said - but we know that lifting it would change nothing, and that you support that. So what now?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hold Israel accountable for all its acts of violence, dismantle and transport the state to the US.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Took you long enough.

Now:

1) Suspected is not proven. If Gazans are actually being hit by phosphorous, then it should be stopped. On the other hand, there is a history of falsified evidence on the part of the other party. So it needs verification.

2) This does not in any way represent your desperately-wished-for picture of AP white phosphorous rounds being used to deliberately burn Gazan civilians. So your - and Bells' - argument fails this pass also.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Better yet, set up a viable two-state solution and clamp down on societal damnation of Jews and others in Palestine.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't see any future for Israel in the Middle East. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end of the neo-colonial state.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You don't see any future because little gets in the way of religious supremacism coming out of Saudi. :shrug:

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't see the Saudis anywhere. I see a lot of Jews killing innocent children for their lebensraum. Maybe you could adopt an Israeli family and give up what you have to them. Have an election in the US. Decide which state will move out and make way for the Zionist dream.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I see the hand of their preachers.

I'd love to adopt one! I will write the Saudis for some cash since I'm short of it and since they . I know they believe in united, free societies and I think I could help, philosophically.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Good, let me know when you do it. I'm sure you won't let something as petty as money stand in the way of giving up your home to Israelis.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Of course, they don't really have a spiritual connection to it. I think you might be thinking of some other group. Maybe Saudi could sponsor them to stay in Israel! That would work.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Just offer it. Let them decide where their spiritual connection lies. I think you'll find it gets exported easily enough.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Ah. Ze Joos are untrustworthy then? Or just people altogether?

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Mark Levine has written a great article on the ripple effects of this war and what it means for Israel.

Who will save Israel from itself?

Some highlights:

One by one the justifications given by Israel for its latest war in Gaza are unravelling.

The Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center, whose December 31 report titled "Six Months of the Lull Arrangement Intelligence Report," confirmed that the June 19 truce was only "sporadically violated, and then not by Hamas but instead by ... "rogue terrorist organisations".

Instead, "the escalation and erosion of the lull arrangement" occurred after Israel killed six Hamas members on November 4 without provocation and then placed the entire Strip under an even more intensive siege the next day.

According to a joint Tel Aviv University-European University study, this fits a larger pattern in which Israeli violence has been responsible for ending 79 per cent of all lulls in violence since the outbreak of the second intifada, compared with only 8 per cent for Hamas and other Palestinian factions.

The claim that Hamas will never accept the existence of Israel has proved equally misinformed, as Hamas leaders explicitly announce their intention to do just that in the pages of the Los Angeles Times or to any international leader or journalist who will meet with them.

Anyone with an internet connection can Google "Gaza humanitarian catastrophe" and find the UN's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in the Occupied Territories and read the thousands of pages of evidence documenting the reality of the current fighting, and the long term siege on Gaza that preceded it.

The following quote from an interview with Major-General Gadi Eisenkot that appeared in the Israeli daily Yedioth Ahronoth in October, is telling:

"We will wield disproportionate power against every village from which shots are fired on Israel, and cause immense damage and destruction. From our perspective these [the villages] are military bases," he said.

"This isn't a suggestion. This is a plan that has already been authorised."

Causing "immense damage and destruction" and considering entire villages "military bases" is absolutely prohibited under international law. ​

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Mark Levine doesn't understand that nothing will change the hatred directed at Israel anyway, because it's based in religion. Oooh, now they're really going to be hated? What's the difference?

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What an incredibly stupid statement. What was the reasoning before Hamas was installed and promoted by Israel? When secular groups were the resistance?

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1035414.html

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Your quote does nothing to refute Geoff, who is quite correct.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If he is correct [based in religion], its only in the sense that the Jews are killing Palestinians today only because they are not Jews. If they were they would be "permitted" to live freely on their indigenous lands.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Here is something good:
    http://www.imemc.org/article/58395

((If you would like to sign on to this letter, please send an email with your name and city to antizionistjews@gmail.com))

January 5th, 2009

Like much of the world, we have spent the last week watching in shock and disgust as Israel continues its assault on the Gaza Strip. With the body count rising and a new tragedy in full bloom, we feel that it is important to speak out as Jewish youth in Canada and to denounce what Israel is doing in our name. The Jewish diaspora is diverse and divided on its positions on the state of Israel's policies. At this juncture in history, as Israel has committed its worst massacre in Gaza since it began its illegal occupation in 1967, we feel that it is crucial that Jews speak out and denounce Israel's actions that amount to no less than war crimes committed by an apartheid state.

As Jewish youth, we are diverse, but we are unified in our solidarity with our Palestinian brothers and sisters in Gaza.

Some of us are students. We are outraged by the bombing of the Islamic University in Gaza city, as well as other civilian infrastructure such as hospitals and mosques.

Some of us are Arab-Jews and people of colour. We stand against Israel's racism, which has been enshrined in Israeli law, and privileges its Jewish citizens over its non-Jewish ones.This apartheid state views Palestinians as an expendable people, no more than collateral damage.

Some of us are queer. We reject Israel’s branding of itself as the only safe place for queer people in the Middle-East while it targets gay and lesbian Palestinians and renders life unsafe for millions of others.

Some of us are Israelis living in Canada. We are calling for a solidarity that stretches beyond borders and nationalities. Israel's violent actions will only serve to further isolate the state and its citizens from the rest of the world. By calling itself a Jewish state and committing war crimes in the name of Jews everywhere, Israel makes the world even less safe for Jews, leading to an increase in animus towards Jewish people around the world.

Even though there have been approximately 100 Palestinian deaths for every Israeli killed by rocket fire, we recognize that Israeli Apartheid also leads to Israeli casualties. The blame for these deaths lies with Israel – if there were no occupation and no apartheid policies, there would be no rocket fire. If Israel, the world's fourth largest military power, is concerned about its citizens, it would abandon its apartheid policies and seek out justice for the Palestinian people.

In 2005, Palestinian civil society put out a clear call for international support through a non-violent campaign of Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) similar to that carried out against the apartheid regime of South Africa. Now, with the people of Gaza being crushed by Israeli bombs, manufactured in the USA and launched with Canada's blessing, it is more important than ever for Jewish communities throughout the world to take up this BDS campaign in order to end Israel's apartheid system, which makes life unsafe for millions of Jews and Palestinians alike.

Let us not be silent bystanders while humanity suffers. Let us raise our voices, as Jewish youth, and demand a single, democratic state, with equal rights for everyone in Israel/Palestine.

Ours is a generation that is committed to ending Middle-East violence by opposing all forms of discrimination, calling for a just peace within the entire region, and condemning Zionism to the dustbin of history.

Free Gaza, Free Palestine

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Already tried, already torpedoed by Israel.

Israel has yet to even propose borders for itself, or agree to those proposed by others.
    Which would be equivalent to "creating a smokescreen" , in a densely populated area.

And it would look like this: http://www.wgntv.com/landing/?Rights-group-Israel-uses-white-phosphoru=1&blockID=182502&feedID=24
    We already know that Israeli military uses WP as an anti-personnel weapon near civilians (in Lebanon) and that Israel has declined to sign the CWC, so its use in Gaza in some kind of "shake and bake" similar to US use in Fallujah would not be unprecedented.

But more likely it's just a more or less welcome side effect of setting smoke screens and misfiring illumination shells, as anyone would expect in the setting.
    And the bar begins its by now familiar descent - now "deliberately": how long before "deliberately as a matter of policy" ?
    Nope. Not even if they aren't actually aimed at such areas (the Hamas rockets are not aimed at all, and thus cannot be proven to be "deliberately" targeting anything except general areas of dirt). Not even in defense, or response to such provocations as military blockade and seige.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.