News from Gaza Part 2

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by S.A.M., Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

New Message: STAY in your homes

Israel moving on to stage 3 of the offensive

Stage 1: Air strikes

Stage 2: Ground invasion

Stage 3: Moving into urban offensive

IDF drops leaflets in Gaza City, densely populated urban area warning people to stay in their homes.

Just dropped what looks like white phosphorus as smokescreen over the city.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Aaaaand...what was done to the native cultures of the ME before Mo? "Make them feel themselves oppressed"?

Hey, as long as we're doing tu quoque. :shrug:

...? Uh, their culture is their own. They get to decide what to wear. Polygamy and beards are a thriving 1400-year old culture?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I will try to find old post which has the reference, but lack time now.All I remember now is that most came from some Bedouin / Israeli frendship organization, were published in Israel. The old post included a photo of the sprayed fields and others of the buldozers at work destroying the crude Bedouin shacks, built outside the seven "camps"

I agree with this. I even said so in my post and explained that Israel provides no work in the camps and encourage the Bedouin men to leave - achiveing less than half the replacement birth rate in the camps. That soon there will be no need for the Bedouin camps as a result. It is much like the US did to the American Indians long ago - destrouy their culture and most of them, but some are assimulted.I said:

"... (Bedouin men are encouraged to leave the camps and work in Israel, some even join the IDF! There is no work inside the camps. Thus the birth rate in the camps is far below the replacement rate. - Bedouins will soon not even exist in the camps...."

I also agree that there were many tribes of Bedouins. Again like the American Indians. What Israel has done by forcing them into camps, the US did to the indians by forcing them into reservationxs. In both cases because they could and wanted the natives land. In both cases the ancient stabel cultures were destroyed. It was easier with the Bedouins as thye were hearders of animals, not hunters. All Israel had to do was kill their animals, either directly or by not allowing the Bedouin the freedom to move the animals to were rain had sprouted grass, as they had done for more than 5000 years.

BTW, the BBC special made in one of the largest camps, showed that there were less than a dozen school age Bedouin childern, waiting for the school bus, which did not come that day, to take them from the camp to an Israeli school.

MUST go to bed now - will edit and expand tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

um its legal to use as a smokescreen

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Over an urban area?

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yep.

For it to be anti-personnel, it would have to explode at ground level with fragments going into people.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So you're okay with white phosphorus being used over an urban, densely populated area?

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Do you understand how it works as a smokescreen compared to antipersonnel artillery? I don't think you're familiar with this at all. Or you are and you're doing the old game.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Again:
    So you're okay with white phosphorus being used over an urban, densely populated area?

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Again: do you understand the difference in operation between an antipersonnel artillery shell and a smoke round?

Maybe you should look it up? :shrug:

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So since you have all these justifications or reasons:

You are okay with white phosphorus being used over an urban, densely populated location?

You agree with this Israeli use of it?

You support the use of WP as a smoke round in urban, densely populated cities?

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The problem with your above two sentences is that they don't take recognition of the usage. It's a different thing, you see.

So long as it's being done safely, of course.

Now here's a question for you: do you support the use of Hamas rockets on Israeli civilians in urban, densely populated cities?

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

< Sam frantically hunts for any evidence of injuries from smoke WP >

17. Bells Staff Member

And maybe you need to look up the effects white phosphorus has on people..

Don't you think the civilians of Gaza have suffered enough?

Then again, you can't really be surprised at Israel's use of WP. Especially when one considers the other crimes they have committed against the civilians of Gaza.. Oh look, here's another one..

I guess it's one way to cull the herd.

Then again, Gaza is a coastal town. Prime real estate to be had there. Israeli holiday resort anyone?

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

IOW, you support the use of WP over urban densely populated cities. Thanks.

Only following 61 years of occupation and 2 years of food/water/medicine blockade. In fact, after something like that, I support a complete removal of the Nazi regime that does things like that.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh, lord. You don't understand how phosphorous smoke rounds differ from AP phosphorous rounds either. Well, why am I surprised? That would require learning things. So instead of responding reasonably, I'll just go peel wallpaper with the power of my mind.

Let me know if either of you finds anyone with so much as a singed eyebrow and I'll give you my unimpeachable dictum on the entirety of the conflict, manifest destiny, disproportionate response and the theory of artillery.

20. Bells Staff Member

Peeling yet? Has the paper moved for you?

No, not dangerous at all. Hell, lets put it in our salads..

21. Bells Staff Member

Anywho, Geoff's panty twisting aside, here is an interesting article on the conflict and the legalities of it all and how definitions have been stretched..

Gaza conflict: Who is a civilian?

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

"Panty twisting" is indeed the kind of expression I expect from the uninformed. You are not familiar at all with the usage, nor with the statements of organizations such as Human Rights Watch on the subject (and before you can misconstrue, they're ok with how Israel is using in Gaza) nor with experts, nor with...well, information. You're basing your objection to all things Israel on health risks now, because you realized that the military objections weren't going to pan out for you. This is a good example of how the dearth of knowledge is no barrier to opinion.

In the same vein, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that Israel is blocking the export of other dangerous chemicals used in far greater quantities to Gaza:

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ironic:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1054261.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.