Discussion in 'About the Members' started by MrMormon, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

That would be me " The Man in the Moon "
    What I want to know is why there are so many Pentagram symbolism on the Temple in Salt Lake . One side they are up side down just like a witches pentagram and on the other side ( The north side they are point up )

South side point down , North side point up

No body like Jesus either as he was making his walk in his final moments . Even that scoundrel Peter said " Jesus who . I don't know any Christ named Jesus

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

Never watched South Park. Sounds stupid like everything else I've read they exaggerate.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Oh this is good cause the one president in about 1976 had a vision from god and at that point a black Man could hold office in the Church , but before that the Black Man could only hang around and not really join the church . The Idea was that the reason the black man was black was because it was the mark of Cain and everybody knows Cain was ostracized, henceforth the Black Man could not be part of leadership in the church . That is how you tell a Canaanite. According to the Church There Black People . Not anymore though . Yeah 1976 I am pretty sure that was when it changed . I think the President at the time was a Smith also . Long term memory can be a bitch sometimes . I think it was a Smith and I do think it was 1976 also . Might have been 77

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

Sorry, I don't know that.
    There's pictures of Jesus inside.

8. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I have been inside the Temple Bro . I like that big statue of him in his whitey form of a European the most-est . Looks like Me. I live in the Big Sky By the By

Oh Fuck do I ever let it go ? No it is way to much fun and I like to have fun . I am

9. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

It was President Kimball in 1978 who received the revelation to extend the Priesthood to all worthy males (see this article). Why God didn't reveal that earlier might have had something to do with the social environment at the time, like the revelation to end polygamy, but it definitely did not mean Joseph Smith was a racist.

10. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

Please don't swear. And that would be the Visitor's Center, not the temple.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Accordingly, all worthy male members of the Church may be ordained to the priesthood without regard for race or color.

Well, wup-de-doo!
    Gracious of you all. 1978.
    It's a good job Jesus wasn't so attentive to social mores.

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

Sure it does. Smith was a blatant racist and womaniser. And a liar.

13. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

You've made almost ten thousand posts. Surely you know that name-calling isn't constructive, especially in a science forum?

14. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Where is the name calling? Looks to me like he was expressing an opinion about that individual. Besides the name calling problem refers to what members are calling each other, not some 3rd party.

But I can see where you might take it as personal if you don't think Smith is a liar.

15. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

Still, calling a third party something is meaningless without evidence. phlogistician refuses to elaborate.

16. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

That left hanging feeling does come up more than I like and it shouldn't stop you from challenging an unsupported opinion.

17. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Wrong ! It was the Temple . Now a days they don't let you in the temple . But back in the day if you were a good Mormon they did . It was the dream of every good virgin Mormon girl to get Married in the Temple . Virginity was key here . I don't swear . I use new morphed progressive language . It is only your mind set that sees it as swearing .

O.K. you all know how Lori thinks she is the Temple ? Well this is Mormon stuff too . That is actually where I first heard the Idea . It goes like this " Your body is a temple . Don't hurt your Body cause it is the temple of god . That is why Mormons don't smoke , drink whiskey , or drink Coffee ( Sanka is o.k. cause it don't have Caffeine in it ) Except for hypocrisy of the Church owning Pepsi or was it Coke . Maybe You know ?

O.K. I will watch Me modern American form of communication , but only because you asked of Me . I can't guarantee a complete reversal but I will try My best when I talk to you , If I don't forget .

18. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Yeah that was him , sorry my Bad . Yeah that be the year cause it was the same time the Savings and loans had to be bailed out . Most of them went bankrupt or out of business . They Made Home Loans that were to risky . Does that sound familiar too anybody? *God humans are stupid animals . They don't learn all that fast do they . Good thing I am an Alienated one . Some of the stuff is just to hard to live down.

* note : that was a prayer not a taking of the lords name in vein.

19. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

One needs a temple recommend from a bishop to be allowed in unless there's a pre-temple dedication tour. Yes, pre-marital sex bad. Men and women both want to marry in a temple. The "body is a temple" thing is correct, but caffeine isn't the deciding factor - addicting and unhealthy is. But alcohol, tobacco, and coffee are some of the main ones specifically prohibited.

You seem to know a lot, but the Church owning a soda?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Ah Church of Jesus Christ might give you a little hint here . I live in the Big Sky . You Might even say I am A "Big Sky Daddy"
    Come on Atheists you got to be laughing by now . I will beat you with a wet noodle soon if you don't start understanding Me . I know who you worship . Spaghetti can be a weapon just like the boot of Spidey

21. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

O.K. Mr. Mormon what is the name of the inner sanctuary of the hebrew temple ? Trivia time ?

22. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Great
    How do you feel about the mountain meadow massacre?
    Do you really wear special underwear?
    Do you really believe that John Smith received holy golden tablets from god that only he could read?
    Do you believe that north America was populated by great civilizations that fought epic wars and conveniently disappeared before europeans came?
    Do you believe in aliens?

23. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

Just curious, but what is the point of testing how much I know or can research?

Here's the link to the Church's article about that. The LDS people who led that were excommunicated.

I'm not old enough to wear temple garments.

I have a testimony of the truth of the Book of Mormon and that Joseph Smith was given the power and authority to translate it.

And Native Americans never disappeared.

God's children haven't, aren't, and won't just be on Earth, but we're alone here and don't know much more about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.