New Forum

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by DaveW, Oct 17, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveW Registered Senior Member

Hey everyone,

I've added this new SciFi Culture forum, since there's been some scattered discussion of various scifi topics that should be consolidated.

This new forum is for anything related to scifi. eg. X-Files, Star Wars, Star Trek, Roswell, books, etc.

Spread the word!
    Dave

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. trixxifi Registered Member

do you think they should have developed the star wars books that continued on from the original three movies?
    I think they could have gotten a series out of the stories that developed on with luke teaching han and leia's children in the academy. either that or the rogue squadron stories.
    i do enjoy the new star wars movies but there are some bits that still dont feel right. such as why vader did not recognise c3po. he built the damn thing as a child. it was created to help his mother so why not recognise it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

The only time Vader and C3PO were ever even in the same room was during carbonite freezing scene, and then C3PO was in pieces and tied to Chewie's back. Concidering that a lot of protocal droids look alike, it's no surprise.

My theory however is that he did. That in fact, his whole secret agenda was to reclaim C3PO. Consider:

Who was on Leia's ship in that VAder was chasing in A New Hope? C3PO.

Why did Vader ask if there were any droids on The Millenium Falcon when it was captured by the Death Star and whose prescence did he really feel?

Why did Vader chase after the Millenium Falcon when it fled Hoth? He was supposedly after Luke, and he could apparantly use the force to sense Luke, and should have known that Luke wasn't on the ship. But who was? C3PO.

Why did Vader keep the Stormtrooper from firing at Chewie in the carbonite room? Because C3PO was tied to Chewie's back. ( I shudder to think what happened to the Trooper who originally blew C3PO apart!)

Why did Vader order Leia and Chewie to be taken to his ship after Han was frozen? The trap had already been sprung and they were of no more use to him. Leia I can maybe see, by why Chewie? Because Chewie had C3PO tied to his back.

Who did Vader really sense on the Shuttle in ROTJ? Luke?, But the Emperor couldn't sense him and I'm sure he had tuned his mind to do so. But who was on the shuttle that Vader would sense, that the Emperor wasn't tuned into? C3PO.

Why did Vader really go down to Endor? to try to retrieve C3PO. (And was disappointed when he only got Luke. You can see this in his posture when he goes to the railing after he sends Luke to his shuttle.)

Why did Vader kill the emperor? Because he knew that if he let the Emporer Kill Luke, he would have a hard time winning C3PO back over, when C3PO found out. (He didn't just want to have C3PO, he wanted C3P0's devotion too.)

Put the clues together. They only lead to one Answer!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Very interesting, this C3P0 controversy, is. Much thinking, on this matter, must be done. For a more complete understanding to have.
    Hmmm.

8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I'm editing out spoilers, and then I'm locking this thread. Unless someone can tell me why they dug up sciforums history?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.