Need help

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Albert29, May 25, 2013.

1. Albert29 Registered Member

Do my family need a will or any other document for transferring property to their name that is located in another state.Because i am living and working an that state and i buy that property there.And to whom they will contact at that time?
    For Property Settlements in Gold Coast region,catch us here

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you're talking about inheriting your parents' real estate when they die: In general, residency in one state rather than another doesn't have much effect on the probate process, except to make it take longer and cost more.

I really don't understand this post. Which time are you referring to? When they die? When they decide to give you their house while they're still living? When you decide to deed your own property over to them? And who do you mean will be trying to contact someone? Your parents? Why?

You need to be a little more precise and descriptive here. But when in doubt the first person to call is an attorney. Everyone who has a significant amount of assets should already have an attorney who is familiar with his business.

Property law tends to be more complicated in case of a divorce. For example, across the river in Virginia, if a married couple are getting divorced and one spouse can prove that the other one had committed adultery, the all of the community property is awarded to the one who didn't!

I have a friend who used to live in Virginia and sued her husband for divorce. He put a GPS tracker on her car, trying to prove that she was committing adultery. Fortunately, she was not.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.