Need Help Persuading a person?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Comanch09, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Comanch09 Registered Member

I originally posted this in the general part of this site. I recently scrolled down, and saw this place, and figured this might be a more appropriate place to post this question. It's sort of long, but I hope anyone who hasn't already responded to the other thread, if they know something, would respond:

I need help persuading a coach at my current high school. Basically, I went to another high school my freshman year, and found the track program there pretty well. The coaches knew pretty much how to train and knew their stuff. I latter transferred out of that school, and started going to this school sophomore year, and I'm currently a junior. The track program here isn’t that great, and the coach is a football coach, and doesn’t know much of anything about training for track. I don’t like to judge, but his training probably could be equal to a middle school, or rec dept. training. On top of that I don’t agree with his morals. He has promoted stealing batons/sticks from a rival school, which is my old high school. He also has sort of “authoritarian” attitude. It’s not too bad, but you can tell.

Now, my last season, I didn’t get proper training, and paid for it with a disappointing season. At the beginning of last season, seeing he didn’t know what he was doing, I asked if I could train myself, and he said no, stating something around the lines that he would fix the problem, a problem that shouldn’t exist in the first place. He basically solved the problem by making things up off the top of his head that day with no thought. I was latter able to train with my team over spring break, and able to set up a program with my old coach. When I asked this schools coach too train on my own this time, he let me. I told him I set up something with some other coaches, and planned training myself, and he let me that time. But it was a little too little too late.

Now, this season, I plan on changing things, and having a successful track season. I have three plans. I will either train with my old school, and run for this current school, practice at this current school, and have full control over my training, and run for this current school, or run unattached. I would the first choice, over the others. If I can’t get the first request, I’ll try the second, and then opted for the third option if all else fails. I did a search for persuading people and found a thread on this site, with some interesting things. I’m curious if anyone could help me with anything they know that could persuade my current coach to let me train with my old school? Please, any help would be really appreciated, and the first track meeting is coming up soon, and plans on persuading him after he talks to the team, and handing out all the paper work etc.

Also, here is some other information. He doesn’t dislike me, so that not a problem. He did joke saying I was a spy for my old school though once. I don’t really like him though, I don’t agree with his morals, etc. but I’ll try to look at the situation the best I can. And, I’ve already talked to my old coach, and he said he would be fine with me training with them.

And some thing I won’t do:
    1. I’m not going to lie to him
    2. I’m not paying him any money.

Sorry for the length, I just would like to get all the information out. Again, I would appreciate any help anyone can give.