Nazi vs Imperalist Japan

Discussion in 'History' started by ElectricFetus, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Who was worse, everyone knows about the nazi but what about japan? Apparently they killed as many as 30 million people, mostly by mass plundering, burning their crops, destroying their homes, murdering them out right, bioweapons experiments, in that order of severity. Yet the Japanese don't get nearly as much credit for evil as the Nazis, many Japanese war criminals went on to live long and distinguish careers in japan. Unlike germany which has made it illegal to question if the holocaust occurred, many japanese deny their atrocities during WW2.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What makes you wonder about this at this point in time? It seems after 75 years you wouldn't be wanting much info like that for history books, TV and other media have shown both countries to be very wrong from the allies point of view don't they? If someone murders ten people or a hundred aren't they just as wrong? :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. desi Valued Senior Member

The Japanese were meaner. The Germans were more morally indifferent, like scientists' attitudes when testing stuff on animals. I don't know which is worse. Given the choice I'd take my chances with the Germans.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mathman Valued Senior Member

Not if you're Jewish!!!!

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

moral indifference is worse. evil you can work with and maybe get them to change there ways its harder to deal with just not caring.

9. superstring01 Moderator

Both were evil. One was just slightly more efficient in dispensing it's pernicious attitudes. That's the only difference.

~String

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The special horror of the Holocaust was Germany and the coopted countries turning on members of their own society, founders of their own best culture, neighbors and fellow townsmen of the perpetrators.

The Japanese abused members of conquered, foreign, occupied, enemy people - Chinese, Koreans, Okinawans - not (say) the Ainu, or the Eta. That is more "normal", in the atrocity line. The Nazi stuff, like the Pol Pot horrors or some of the Latin American monstrosities, was worse in some visible ways.

11. superstring01 Moderator

You mean, like the kind involving railroad cars, special camps, shower rooms especially constructed for organic extermination, enormous furnaces for the disposal of corpses and a vast, secret, government apparatus created to keep all those things from being discovered by the general public? If so, then, yes, the Nazi horrors jump well ahead of anything the Japanese created.

~String

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I'm not so much talking about the morality but in the ability to stop it.

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

One was a pitiful anachronism raging against the modern wave of macro-politics. The other, a woeful reminder, the decent to barbarism can be quick for anyone.

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

I say NAZIES!

15. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Hmmm The reactions to your question are also interesting.

I guess for the the West Asian deaths just were not as important as European deaths.

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The central difference for me was this:

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I am Jewish, but in all honesty, I would take myself with the Germans. With the Germans chances are I would die relatively quickly or painlessly, ie, being shot in the head, or being gased at such high concentrations killed very quickly.

With the Japanese even though I would not be treated any worse as a Jew, there is no garuntee my death would be quick and relatively painless.

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Japan was a much bigger threat than Germany. After Germany conquered north Africa where would they go? They couldn't invade England, they couldn't invade Germany, and they sure as hell weren't going to land on American soil to invade, and quite frankly they never seemed to interested in southern Africa. Where were they gonna go?

19. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

france is who conquered north africa not germany, but germany fighted france in north africa i think, idk my grand father said germany was their, but the invader, was the french, and according to what i studied, it was the french, tunisia algeria and morroco invaded by france, libya by italy; egypte by u.k. and muritania idk

20. desi Valued Senior Member

Lets see. Japan had to be nuked twice to give up while Germany gave up short of that. I'd say your analysis is off. The rape of Nanking illustrates what the Japanese did to prisoners. Germany just didn't do stuff like that. So, I ask you who you would rather your family be captured by if it came down to it?

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Germany conquered north africa. period.

north Africa is a region, not a country. Germany rolled in, won, took control of the region, and thus, conquered Africa.

shadow, if the French conquered Africa than what did the Germans do? Waltz in?

22. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

The Japanese believed their emperor to be godlike. How does that work into your opinion?

23. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

idk, fighting with french, they were fighting on the land,for who take it, and as i know, and as i studied in school, france is what invaded mostnorth africa,
    well, i'm not so good in history, maybe they did invade us for a period.