NASA and warp travel

According to them, energy requirement is so huge that we need to harness a few suns energy if not the whole galaxy to make it possible.

Need to find another method....

I have the method for traveling with warp spead

Just think that 200 years ago physics didn't exist at all and they could never had thought that humans could fly let alone go to the moon and beyond. Physics will keep experimenting and perhaps one day breakthroughs will occur and many new pathways will be opened. I'm just happy that the scientists are allowed to experiment with all types of ideas that may or may not work, but at least they tried! :)

I just hope they don't blow the Earth to hell! :eek:

NASA only spent half million on that project. So don't hold your breath.

all this is purely theoretical research. They have to make the maths work before they can start with actual experiments.

So half a million for pencils, paper and coffee sounds about right :)

I just hope they don't blow the Earth to hell!

If that happens, you wont be here to think about. And, the Universe will go on, creating life and the life will keep experimenting...there are plenty of planets out there and plenty of time. Since it takes only a few million years to develop bipeds and another 10,000 years to fly, there can be many cycles within which someone will find a solution.

All it takes is that someone...somewhere...has the Eureka moment...

An interesting book...Black Swan...

Yesterday I read a magazine(Popular Mechanic???) from San Francisco Main Library. I remember there is an article about NASA is spending funds to explore the idea of faster than light travel, such as warp travel from Star Trek.

you have been misinformed, no such funding is done by NASA

nnnooo....I refuse to believe NASA would even think in investing/trashing money on this insanity.

No wonder NASA get underfunded these days...

When you are low on money you need wacky ideas to get creative.

no...you need robust ideas that have been over-tested and proved effective...

like using a can of used trash jar from previous century to get to another planet and beyond. :D

likewise I cant forget the story about US investing millions into a space pen just so that the ink gets to flow properly...and Russia using a pencil instead. :cool::p

At least NASA is finally trying some new things. They've seemed to be on idle for the past so and so years.

Back