Muslims do have a point . . .

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by charles brough, Oct 27, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The oldest mosque in India is from the time of the Prophet; the oldest Muslim populations (in South, East and West India) are not associated with any conquerors. Not unusual for Western historians to base Eastern history on limited information. e.g. Mills 'famous' history of India written without laying a foot in the land.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juma_Masjid,_Palayam

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

religions stupid full stop we would be a lot better without it. I'm sick of christians and muslims oposing it on me..

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

hwtavree

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

He based his work on muslim historys.

8. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

He based his work on muslim historys and devoted his life to it.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm and these Muslim historians were working under kings? Had no political or social bias? One of the most famous historians is Ibn Ishaq who devoted his life to studying oral traditions about the Prophet and even he included a disclaimer that his work should be taken with a grain of salt since he had no way of verifying the truth.

e.g.

10. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Didn't I say I thought his statements were probably exaggerated? Since there are no firsthand witnesses around today and hindu/non-muslim sources are practically non-existent, it was about the only material there was to work with.

11. charles brough Registered Senior Member

I made no claim that Inda was taken over peacefully by Islam! It was a bloody conquest! Apparently you consider SE Asia as including India. My Atlas and I consider it separate; it is between the Near Easy and SE Asia.
    I did mention Indonesia but not India . . .

charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com

12. Devildriver_rocks Registered Member

muslims generally are very peaceful people the imams which are equivalent to priests or rabbis like to preach peace you can't label 1.5 billion muslims terrorists and think they're all out to bomb everything because its not true i like muslims have no problem with i have a problem with the taliban and al'qaida which is a relatively small number of muslims i mean come on 1.5 billion people in one faitth are not all going to be terrorists

13. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

That is one long sentence

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't think that anybody thinks, believes, or has said that that all 1.5 billion muslims are terrorists. Trouble is that the very small percent of muslims that are, kill an awful lot of people.

14. charles brough Registered Senior Member

Verifying "the Truth?" Please explain to me what that means? No historian has compiled "the Truth." All historians try to do and usually succeed is to make a MORE ACCURATE accounting of what happened than others.

So, I accept what the best historians have to say about the history of Islam and that should be good enough for anyone.

charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com

15. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Ok, just a misunderstanding then, no probs.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007