Muslims ask for prayer rooms in Catholic schools

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by GeoffP, Dec 3, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Don't fog the issue with facts, inzomnia.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No dude, it isn't a hoax.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah inzomnia. Faux Snooze is world famous for its integrity and secular leanings. :roflmao:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Nah, I studied whole my life (till 2001) in Indonesia.

I am afraid 'so'...

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, very few people now. The Copts are an oppressed and terrified minority in Egypt, as are any wraiths of Armenians in Turkey. Same in the Sudan, and don't get me started on Afghanistan or Pakistan or...well, anywhere else, really. It amuses me how evil you paint all those dirty animal-like Westerners with their evil secularism, despite the fact that they don't viciously persecute any particular religion.

But not everywhere, inzomnia. Africa, too, is being wracked with this kind of religious violence; and it's far more widespread than is generally appreciated. Again, it's curious how the islamci world screams about oppression...yet is the first to raise the sword against their own purportedly "protected" minorities. The "protected peoples" concept in islamic politics smacks more of a mafia-payoff arrangement, really.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, Afghanistan and Pakistan has nothing to do with the west at all. Nor Africa. All them bleeping savages. The occupation and total destruction of Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia over the last seven years? Nah, not persecution based on religion. Not at all. Very very secular. Now if only those Muslims would behave like that towards the others. A few occupations, a Gitmo, some liberalisation and enforcing of their values on others, collateral damages and carpet bombing; some pictures with dead tortured people, doing a thumbs up in gleeful holiday tourist fashion. Now thats what it takes to be a tolerant, secular democracy. Why, just see the only democracy in the Middle East! A fine upstanding upholder of all of the above values.

But now that Pakistan is nuclear and Iran is getting one, perhaps there is still hope for them, maybe they can become exactly like western democracies. Put the minorities on reservations or colonise them until they need them to make up for a declining birth rate.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  10. Bells Staff Member

How lovely.

Yep. Sounds "just fine" to me.

Beheading kids on their way to school. Burning down and threatening schools. Sounds really friendly and welcoming.

But I guess we can just call it a hoax and ignore it ever happened. Then we can say everything's "just fine". But I think the rug is no longer big enough for the pile you're trying to sweep under it.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And, are you studying at that university at this time?

12. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Ok, sorry, maybe things have changed recently.. the last time I visited Indonesia was in 2006. However, till now I still follow the news everyday. I read biggest Indonesian news portal everyday, it is written in Indonesian, but I never came accross such terrible news. Also, my sister went to christian junior high school for 3 years (St. Angela in Bandung, the capital of West Java), so I know how it was. I myself always went to general school (not religious school), but being Christian minority, I never got any improper treatment. There are some part of the country, though, where Muslim and Christian used to be in constant fight. If I am not mistaken, it was in Ambon (eastern part of Indonesia), but the motive was said to be economical and political. The indigenous people in that area are Christians, and then the Muslims came and live there. Then there was this economical competition and fighting over land. There were bomb in ramadhan and christmas, but the bombing were said to be done by third party who wants to take advantage from the conflict.

Ambon conflict: http://www.atimes.com/se-asia/DB15Ae01.html

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Eh?

Well...it isn't. :shrug: A poorly planned foreign policy based on a hunt for terrorist groups which, perversely, aren't secularist in actual fact. So if anything, the persecution is coming from the islamists. What do you want me to say?

Regrettably, it is the best example of democracy in the Middle East. It could do better. The rest don't even seem to be trying, really.

Well, that's been the thrust of islamic supremacism so far, true. I hope that it may change this century (15th time's the charm), but I'm not really hopeful, if you follow me.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm not hopeful of western thought going anywhere but further down either. Through colonisation, invasion and occupation, they have been violently destroying all native peoples and either replacing them or using them parasitically to sustain their throwaway culture. With all the education and opportunity at their disposal, all they do is kill people who disagree with them and sponge off their national resources. The only way they can go now is down.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Anyway, back on track for this thread.

Sam, is there any likelihood of "turnabout and fair play" in the islamic world when the likes of this is going on?:

Whether or not you like Christians, or Christianity, doesn't it seem a tiny bit far-fetched that islamic schools would reciprocate? Not even in relatively secular Turkey are they being tolerated.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh good, they are getting westernised. Now they should build a native American reservation or a Gaza and bomb them daily. Those freaking terrorists. They need some urgent birth pangs to recognise the superiority of the advanced ideology they are being liberated into.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The one where there's no religious commandment to kill the unbeliever? Why, what a heinous idea.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And yet, in reality, the collateral damages just keep piling higher and higher and higher. How many continents now?

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Only through chance and greed, not religious design.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Chance and greed seems to follow definite boundaries of colour or religion.

21. John99 Banned Banned

is that some kind of a joke?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ask the native Americans.

23. John99 Banned Banned