Muslim Mob Torches Christian Neighborhood in Pakistan

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Balerion, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balerion Banned Banned

You told me a long time ago I could call you [redacted]. I didn't realize I had to ask permission every time. But I understand how embarrassing this must be. Your dishonesty and aggression are obviously empowered by your anonymity. Losing even a little bit of that probably provides an unwelcome moment of clarity: "Holy shit, I'm really being a terrible person right now!"

At any rate, this is done. If you really intend to ignore me, then please keep true to your word and stay out of my threads.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

I have never ever given you permission to use my real name in the open and public forums, Balerion.

Not once.

I have never ever given anyone permission to do that on this site or any other site.

I also certainly did not give you consent or permission to turn my name into an insult.

It is not a matter of anonymity, but a matter of respecting someone's privacy, Balerion. You can drag this out as much as you want and need to. But using my real name and turning it into an insult crossed the line and you know that and trying to blow it back onto me and blame me for your short coming's isn't fooling anyone.

So grow up, and stop with the school yard childish insults of twisting people's names around and do not ever use my name on in the public forum again. And that is a moderator warning about using my name in the public forum of this site.

So edit it out or get one of the administrators to edit it out if you can no longer use the edit function, or I will issue you with an infraction for breaching my privacy and using my real name on the public forum without my consent. You have absolutely no right to do so and no permission to do so. This is the second time I have had to ask you to remove it and you haven't yet. I won't ask a third time. Have I made myself clear?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

Uh, [link removed] yes you did. Oh look, everybody! Bells caught in another lie. Shocking.

You are a joke.

I didn't turn your name into an insult. I simply used it.

Whatever, you liar. You didn't have a problem using your name in public last summer when you told me I could use it.

I'll edit it out because you're enough of a tyrant to get away with banning me in spite of your explicit permission that I could call you by that name, and I don't want to the headache. I'm just glad I got a chance to prove that you are nothing but a liar once again.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

It was not consent.

In fact, in the post you posted, I said that I would call you by your screen name and refused to use the real name you asked me to refer to you as because doing so would mean that I would feel obliged to give you my real name.. How you view that as "explicit" consent is beyond me.

But you have used my name twice in this thread. The second time after I explicitly requested you edit it.

So edit both please.

Thank you.

8. Balerion Banned Banned

Are you stupid? This is what you said:

That's not consent? Give me a break. You got caught on this one, Bells.

I already did edit both. Try to pay attention. At any rate, I'm under no obligation to do anything of the sort, so consider yourself lucky that I bothered.

9. Bells Staff Member

Cute. Now put it in context of how it was said:

Seeing how I distinctly said that I would just call you "Balerion" from now on was kind of a glaring lack of consent. The fact that I never called you by your real name specifically because it could result in my being obliged to allow you to use my nick name or real name on this site and in fact, clearly stated that I would just call you "Balerion" instead is kind of a glaring lack of consent.. I also clearly said that it was my friends who refer to me as that.. You and I are not friends by any stretch of the imagination. Again, clear lack of consent.

Context, subtle and down right in your face context, is everything.

No it is not consent, Balerion. I even said I would rather call you "Balerion" instead of by your real name that you begged me to refer to you by on this site, because I clearly did not want you to refer to me by some nickname and it was certainly not consent for you to then use it as an insult.

Excuse me, but I have every right to request that you do not call me anything that is not my screen moniker here and I have every single right to demand that you respect my privacy. Had you pulled this stunt on another member, I'd have banned you immediately, as I have done in the past when members had breached the privacy of other members without their consent.

You have every single obligation to adhere to this site's rules and respect their privacy when you post here. Have I made myself clear?

10. Balerion Banned Banned

Right, which is why you then told me your name. You're not fooling anyone with this shit, Bells. You're the one who put your name on this site, not me. You're the one who put it on the public forum, not me. Let's stop pretending this is about anything other than you desperately looking for an excuse to exercise your mod muscles because you made yourself like look an asshole in front the 30 other people who have viewed this thread.

And explain to me how I used your name as an insult. By all means, support your idiotic accusation with something other than empty bluster.

I wouldn't have used anyone else's real name, because nobody else has ever given me permission. However, you did, which is why I used it.

I am under no such obligation since you gave me permission, and since you were the one who made the information publicly available in the first place. I did it as a courtesy. Have I made myself clear?

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

your not good with language are you? though this trouble with english might explain why you keep insistenting you didn't impling things about Islam you just didn't understand what your words meant.

12. Bells Staff Member

And I still never gave you consent to use it on this site.

Get it yet?

I explicitly did not give you permission when I said I would rather call you Balerion instead of your real name which you begged me to use, because I would not want you to call me by that nickname or any other name for that matter, and when I clearly and explicitly said that my friends sometimes refer to me as that... We are not friends, Balerion. Never have been and never will be. Really, how you see explicit consent there, I honestly do not know. Even when I explicitly told you to edit it here, you still went ahead and used it again.

I never once gave you express and explicit permission, nor did I even imply that you could call me that. In fact, I was very clear that I would not call you by your real name after you begged me to do so because I did not want you to refer to me by that nickname or my real name.

What part of "no" don't you quite understand?

I will be clear again. You are not allowed to call me by anything other than "Bells". You are under every obligation to adhere to my request and to respect my privacy.

So you can run along now. Your puffing out your chest and trying to be some big thing here isn't working on me and never will. Consider this a clear and explicit warning. I have requested in this thread that you not use my name, you used it anyway. I request that you respect my privacy and not use it, repeatedly, and you push and tell me you are under no such obligation and then try to twist what I had said back then and put it completely out of context.

So to be clear and explicit yet again.

You are never ever allowed to refer to me by any name that is not Bells. You will respect my privacy at my request, just as you will respect the privacy of any member of this site, as per this site's clear and explicit rules. Failure to do so will see you banned from this site.

13. Balerion Banned Banned

Yes you did.

You keep adding shit you supposedly said, but didn't actually say. For instance:

You never said no. You said, "I can call you Joe if you prefer, which would result in you calling me (bleep)." That's not no. To me, that's yes. That's "I can call you Joe, and here's what my friends call me." If that wasn't your intent, you misrepresented yourself.

Which is why you went and told me your real name and your nickname, right? Makes no sense, Bells. I didn't know your name, nor did I ask for your name, so what was the point of telling me?

And I love how you say I begged you. I was offering you an olive branch since we had been on good terms. It's a mistake I won't make again.

Here's what you don't understand: You have no privacy. You put your name on the forum. I didn't do that--you did. What isn't clear about that? Whatever privacy you had, you opted to give up.

Let me be clear, Bells: Your name is a matter of public record. It's available for anyone to see. It's not my responsibility to keep it under wraps. You chose to write "My friends call me this" on the site. I'm not under any obligation to hide that. In fact, here's the post again in which you put your name on a public forum. Understand? This wasn't me, this was you. I'll make it my fucking signature if that's what I want, because you put it on the forum.

If you don't want your name out there, you shouldn't have put it on the forum.

14. Bells Staff Member

No I actually didn't.

I clearly said, I would be calling you Balerion because if I did call you by your real name, then it could result in your having to call me by my nickname or real name. Now show me where I have ever called you or referred to you by your real name aside from that one post when I responded to your request that I do so?

I can say my name as much as I want. You and no one is allowed to use it unless I give explicit consent to use it. Even when you gave your real name in that thread, if someone else had used it without you giving your explicit consent, they would be moderated.

Right Balerion. Whatever you say.

And here is what you do not understand. I never gave you permission or consent to refer to me that way. I also explicitly and repeatedly requested that you not do so and that you respect my privacy.

So yes, I do have a right to privacy and I do have a right to you not invading it and breaching it and then trying to bully your way into invading it further.

My name may be 'out there' and it may be a matter for public record. However, you do not have consent to use it and never have.

And if you ever feel so tempted to use it as your signature, let me remind you of this site's rules:

And I see that you continue to not respect my privacy even though I have repeatedly asked you to do so, to by linking to that again. Really, what part of stop and no don't you understand?

I ask you to stop referring to my name and I ask you to respect my privacy and you keep openly refusing to. I explicitly and repeatedly asked you to stop and you refuse to. I have explicitly asked you to respect my privacy and you seem to believe that you have the right to continue to do so. This has now entered the territory of harassment. As a result, I will be issuing you with an infraction for trolling and flaming. If you have an issue with that infraction, you can take it up with the owners of this site and perhaps you can explain to them why you keep invading my privacy and refusing to adhere to a polite request that you cease and desist in invading my privacy. This matter is now closed as far as this thread is concerned. If you wish to pursue it further, please take it up with James or one of the super-mods.

15. Balerion Banned Banned

You're a liar. This is all noise.

Here's what you don't understand: It doesn't matter. You posted your name on the forum. I don't need your permission to quote an existing post.

That's what you're saying now, but that's not what you said before, and at any rate it doesn't matter. You put your name in a public post. You can't then say no one has a right to repeat it. If you didn't want that information public, you shouldn't have posted it. I don't need your permission to link to a post on this site.

1) Doesn't apply to me, since you gave me permission, and

2) Doesn't apply to you, since you already made the information public. That rule is to prevent posters from discovering information and then posting it on the forum. You already posted the information on the site. Again, I don't need your permission to link to a post you made on this forum.

What part about "It's a post on a public forum" don't you understand? This is like you writing your phone number on a bathroom stall then accusing your callers of stalking you.

This matter apparently isn't closed, since you gave me a 'warning' based on your ridiculous (and convenient) interpretation of the rules.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

hence ...

Once again, the irony is that your attitude actually feeds the perceived quality of islam that you have such distaste for (namely issues surrounding radical political affiliation).

IOW a good way to politicize any cultural aspect intrinsic to a geographic region (and ultimately isolate and solidify the said cultural trope... regardless whether we are talking about anything from commerce to religion to hair style) is to persecute all and any who identify with/possess the said trope in an indiscriminate manner.

IOw whatever a person may think they are "winning" by such arguments, its actually enhancing the problem ... what to speak of solving it

17. Bells Staff Member

Still don't understand the notion of consent?

It actually does matter Balerion.

1) I never gave you consent to use my nickname or my actual name. I certainly never ever gave you permission to use my actual name and never posted that on the forum, and yet, you saw fit to post it here.
    2) Even if I had given you consent to invade my privacy in such a manner, the very moment I withdraw that consent, you cease and desist. That you consistently refused to do so says quite a bit about you.
    3) It certainly does apply to me, Balerion, because I asked you, repeatedly to stop invading my privacy and instead of respecting my request, you decided to invade it more because you suffer from the mistaken belief that I apparently have no right to privacy on this site.

You certainly do need permission to post anything personal about me.

I'll give you an example. We have had members banned for linking or re-posting photos, names and other personal information that other members had posted on this site, because of the lack of consent. So yes, you do need my permission to use my name on this site. You never had it and even after I advised you that you did not have it, you chose to disregard my right to privacy and used it anyway and then kept linking to where it was as though to make a point. This is harassment. Perhaps you are the type of guy who needs to be in control and disrespect the rights of others to their absolute right to privacy and perhaps you are the type of guy who does not understand the notion of 'stop'. This site's rules are clear. You have absolutely no right to post anything private about me without my consent. You never had it and even when I told you that you did not have consent, you kept posting it and then threatened to have my private information as your signature.

Do you understand now?

Do you understand what consent and permission means? Do you understand that I have every single right to tell you to stop invading my privacy? Do you understand that I have every single right as a poster on this site to not have my privacy invaded and to not be threatened with further use of my private information by you?

What part of "no" don't you understand?

What part of 'you do not have my permission or my consent to use anything private about me, which includes my name, nickname or anything else private or personal about me on this site without my consent' don't you understand? You see Balerion, the moment I asked you to stop and you refused to and used it again, then linked to it repeatedly and then threatened to use it as your signature if you felt like it, you overrode and disregarded the clear fact that you had no consent and were instead decided to continue invading my privacy even after I repeatedly asked you to stop.

The rules are clear. You have NO right to post anything private about me on this site without my consent. Since I repeatedly asked you to stop and repeatedly told you that you did not have my permission to post and instead of respecting my privacy, you kept using it and then kept linking to it and then, to make it worse for yourself, you threatened me with using it as your signature if you apparently felt like it. This is harassment and I want you to stop and I expect you to respect my privacy because you have no right to invade my privacy.

Now, if you cannot understand what consent means and what stop means and what no means, I would suggest you learn fast.

As I advised you before, if you wish to take up the issue of my warning to you about your continued invasion of my privacy and your repeated and continued use of my private information in this thread and posting it in some form or other without my consent, with the administrators of this site, you are free to do so. You can explain to them how my repeated requests that you cease and desist and the fact that you clearly do not have consent to post anything private about me or to invade my privacy is null and void in your opinion because I once said my nickname on this site way back when and therefore, you have every right to ignore the lack of consent because you feel like it. This, of course does not explain your use of my actual name, which I have not posted on this site and which you seem to believe you have the right to use, even when I clearly told you that you did not. So good luck explaining your repeated refusal to stop invading my privacy and threatening to post my private information as your signature, after I explicitly told you stop.

18. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

We agree on this part, but it seems we differ on what exactly we think the problem is or what causes it.

I don't think that people with ordinary attitudes can solve this problem (that they help creating). But they seem to be able to stall it, keeping eachother in check - when the warring parties threateningly rattle their weapons in a Cold War manner without actually engaging in combat.

Perhaps this is the best that can be achieved in this world, and hoping for more is unrealistic. This is what I am interested in - Is it really unrealistic to hope for more? Can the problem of conflict among people be solved? Do existing religions offer a peaceful and viable alternative?

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Nothing wrong with a little Godwin's. I drink it regularly. But do you really suppose hate had no part in it? He wrote Mein Kampf for hate's sake.

Codified perhaps; but introduced, impossible.

I think that's a bridge too far: it is exceedingly likely to the point of utter certainty that such laws existed, while recognising that the history writers have placed it at the feet of the British.

One could. But why?

Kony and his merry band are a single movement, not the governance of 64 Islamic countries and several dozen international terrorist organizations. All that might be chance, but it's highly unlikely. Islamic theology largely reflects a rejection of the separation between mosque and state. That may change, but the writer I cite below is a little skeptical.

In that case, we should have no 'isms' at all: no racism, no fascism, no Nazism, no sexism. There should be no ideologies of hate at all. I think you decry these in other instances.

You did -

- continued -

You did.

That's generalization. :shrugs: Anyway, I don't know how you can criticize them in a group like this. They're only struggling for lust and power, or lusty greed. All evil is guilty only of lust.

But I think the both of us know that this is really about religious law:

And, notably, Pakistan's law also concerns Islam specifically:

Reduction into lusty impulses is not conducive to real understanding. We do society a disservice in this way.

20. Bells Staff Member

Never said hate didn't have a role in it, GeoffP.

I also do not think one could turn around and say that the Holocaust was solely based on hate. One only has to look at the stereotypes Nazi's had of Jews (it even happens now in white supremacist sites and racist groups) and of other groups that were slaughtered to see that hate was just one part of the puzzle, if one can call it that. Greed was a huge factor. Hitler did not have millions slaughtered because he felt like it or simply because he hated them. He wanted to rule an Aryan nation.. He wanted absolute power.

And yet, that is what the history writer's all claim. I am sure Indian and Pakistani historians don't know anything about their own history and culture.....?

Why not?

We've referred to everything else as an example.

It was a localised example. Also, Islam has no central Government or religious figure and if you look at the governance of the 64 Islamic countries, you would clearly see that each is vastly different in how they are Governed and in how minorities are treated and also in how the law is applied. Not all are like Pakistan or Iran, for example.

Why would you have to?

If something is simple and clear, why try to break it down?

In the case of this riot in Pakistan, it wasn't so simple. There were a lot of factors involved.

Are you going to tell me that the settlers in illegal settlements who have taken to harassing Palestinians off their land are doing it just because they hate them? Really?

I think it is about a lot of things.

I do think the blasphemy laws, or the changes made to it, and the radicalised push in Pakistan over the last 40 or so years is an interesting development as Pakistan's population are literally being educated to be radicalised.

Oh wow really? I thought it concerned the religion of East Korea.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And I think just saying 'it's Islam' while disregarding all other factors involved because it does not suit to recognise them does society a greater disservice.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You said the 'crux' of it was the lust for power. I think this is a meatless pointless point: we could reduce all movements, everything, to these bestial lusts for power by lusty beasts. But it doesn't explain anything. It gives us nothing to counter.

[Copper]: "You! You there with the pitchfork! Yes, you! I arrest you in the name of the lustful predilections that all men carry in their souls!"

[Rioter]: "...well, you've got them too!"

[Copper]: "...Right you are, and fair point, too. Carry on."

It doesn't wash. We cannot thus protect ourselves from a resurgence of this phenomenon - or any similar one - since all humans will be subject to this predilection.

How would this slaughter have been promoted by greed? Surely it cost the Nazi state much more to murder millions of people than not.

Aha: argument from false authority. A historian is free to use whatever tools are available, in whatever languages are available. Others are free to criticize their attempts at the truth. But if Indian and Pakistani history writers lay it squarely at the feet of the Brits, then I disagree and I have demonstrated points that support me. I even cited a couple links of tales about old Aurangazeb that tell about his persecution of blasphemers. I've never actually seen anything evolve either, but I can infer that it's pretty likely.

I'd certainly argue they were prone to corruption, revolting moral disarray, disgusting abomination of the human spirit, and the betrayal of the hopes of our species. They're not as big into the rioting though, per se: but I do agree they might well be happy with some nice reactionary religious laws, oh yes. At the press, I am certain they would cause more misery in religious and other minorities if they could. (And, to avoid the riposte: no, not all of them.)

But many -perhaps most - discriminate against blasphemers and/or minorities to one degree or another. I don't find this in other countries, sorry. There might vast differences in the kind of punishments doled out, but most of them punish it, from beatings to death. That is not indicative of accident; or at least, it is extraordinarily unlikely to be accident. Moreover, it is actually far worse for your argument without such central figures or authorities - in that case, I should conclude that some other force is responsible for this similarity in orthodoxy among jurisprudence for blasphemy, apostacy and minority treatment in Islamic countries, and the most obvious conclusion is that it is a liturgical carry-on. I do find in favour of this view, in fact.

In order to stop it: to keep it from victimizing humanity. Similarly, I seek a methodology to break down capitalism, which is a plague on this species. I doubt, unfortunately, that I will succeed, but I am committed to such a work. I hate to invoke a personal example, but do you, similarly, not decry sexism as such? Is there no other motivation to such discrimination?

But mostly, religion.

Are you really implying they do it for just for lust and greed? Really?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

We've already established that it is done for neither cause exclusively. It is done for one primarily, and that, in my view, is religion. There may even be economics in it too - although I note that the police didn't exactly stop the mob from burning the place down. The essential is that religion injected into politics gives that mob license to think it can get away with it. And, they did, actually.

That's indeed a troubling thought - I've seen the odd story on supremacism in textbooks there. I don't know if it's widespread or more of a subtle kind of bigotry that goes on.

The religion of East Korea is whatever the Dear Leader says it is. But the point is that the more recent developments to the Pakistani law are protection for Islam itself, rather than the minority faiths. This is in line with your view on increasing radicalisation in Pakistan, and mine on the dangers of theocracy.

I don't disregard them. I just find the primary motivator to be religious. In the Treyvon Martin murder, was the primary motive lust for wealth and power? If so, what would we charge the perpetrator with? Lust?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat — Sticking a Fork In It

Mod Hat — Oveur and Dunn

True as that may be, one notable aspect is the lazy topic post. Surely, he must have known the point, in addition to being sarcastic per his later note, carried some risky baggage.

But, in the end, I think our neighbor got what he wanted. What has gone on since the discussion opened is more a matter of personal investment than any profit in knowledge or insight.

As this thread seems to have pretty much accomplished its most apparent purpose, we can be done with it now.

There are some useful posts in here; I think some of these side discussions could provide fruit if not for trying to exist in a deliberately toxic atmosphere. So for those and other useful posts attempting to rescue this thread from its self-intended fate, my apologies to those who find their discussions cut short.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.