Muslim Experience in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DiamondHearts, Aug 6, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, which is why it amazes me when people sit by apathetically as their governments toss out habeas corpus and run torture centers because collateral damages are just not human enough to avail of human rights.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

India, yes I agree.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh and here's the difference, it may have been common back 200 years ago, but it was wrong of Thomas Jefferson to own Slaves. As we having his writing on liberty we know his thoughts and as a founding father he should have set an example and NOT owned Slaves.

You see, this is the difference. I can easily see a wrong and point it out. But what of Mohammad? Would a person who is REALLY concerned with the health and welfare of society have owned Slaves? No. Simple as that. A good person can see past cultural normals and an enlightened person will set a positive example simply by refusing to own Slaves himself.

It's as simple as that really,
    Michael

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm all for independent trials of GW and Cheney.

8. CheskiChips Banned Banned

It's important to notice that when public lynchings were done in America, it wasn't the same.

They did calculations on what was the most effective height for a person of (X) height, and (Y) weight. In order to kill the person as quick as they could. It was actually the most humane way for capital punishment at the time. Muslims currently just hang with a crane, and choke them to death...rather than killing them instantly.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Clearly, we need to learn all these techniques from Americans. What were the reasons for the lynchings? Can we extrapolate those as well?

10. CheskiChips Banned Banned

The reasons are listed currently in the law books of the local town of the respective lynching...not the federal government. The federal government enforced the standards. Many (maybe most) Americans still support capital punishment, especially Texas.

You're acting like Habeas corpus has never been suspended before.
    It was suspended during the Civil War and WWII. None of this matters since the chances of your right to it has virtually no chance of being taken away. And Lincoln was one of the best presidents of all time...

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah habeas corpus is often suspended in the US. That makes it all alright then. Extra-judicial kangaroo courts are the way to go.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

People put away for being drivers cooks manicurists etc.

12. CheskiChips Banned Banned

S.A.M. my point is you don't live here. You don't understand the values, and I think it's hard for you to imagine how little it interferes with your daily life. Not to mention there's no 3rd Generation American born citizens in Guantanamo. There's no one whos (grand)parents fought in WWII for the USA in Guantanamo. There's only people who say things like "America is full of infidels" or "allah akhbar".

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Of course. How terrible. Did they say this in America?

14. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

This thread is becoming filled with bigotry and hatred.

I made this thread to discuss the political, private, and social experiences of Muslims in America and thanks to a number of Republicans and Israelis it has been intentionally derailed into racist tirades and a flame war against Muslims.

When I see these people, I almost lose hope in America and Western people. How can you people be so blind to the humanity of other human beings? How can you hate and vilify so many innocent people, a quarter of the human race this way?

Your heart is full of a disease, called hate, it is eating you and you remain oblivious to it.

Hate is an affliction of the heart and body, and it can only be calmed with patience and understanding. So I ask anyone who wishes to understand Muslims, truly understand us, with all the compassion and sincerity as human beings to speak up and let us hear your voice.

If a person spends hours and hours attempting to vilify and justify their hatred of other human beings, I begin to wonder if such a person is truly not afflicted with a disease consuming their whole being.

If you want to understand Muslims sincerely, you can either post messages or begin a new thread, or privately personal message me. If you have genuine questions about Islam or Muslims, please contact me. I will try my hardest to satisfy your quest for knowledge. I however will avoid those messages filled with hate and manipulations, so if your heart is sincere then please contact me.

15. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Or filthy hindu jokes outside the mosque

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Which democratic government is that?

17. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Diamondhearts countrymen.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah the charming Pervez Mushharf. One of three Presidents of Pakistan enjoying the ardent support of the US. The other two being the two other dictators that the country enjoyed for a decade each. Strangely enough, elected parliaments, which they enjoyed for three other decades, didn't garner the same level of funding and support.

19. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Oh are those what pakistani soldiers look like? I thought they were simply worshippers, my bad

20. Gustav Banned Banned

this thread is awesome
    the kicker is dh wringing his hands and lamenting over his poor thread

bravo guys
    sci rules!

/proud

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No thats what governance under a dictator looks like.

22. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

There is a sign in Hindi in the background, that is not Pakistan. Also Pakistanis do not dress like that.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats not Hindi, thats Bengali.