Muslim Experience in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DiamondHearts, Aug 6, 2008.

1. John99 Banned Banned

So why do YOU keep trying to makie it into one? Did i miss ALL those good experiences you wrote about?

Want to hear some? No? Didnt think so.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

From Islamic Society of Rutgers University: This is A Documentary about Four people who have converted to Islam and how their life has changed. They give accounts of their lives from before Islam and after reverting to Islam.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4309659428535210219&hl=en

It's interesting to learn the experiences of different people and how they find Islam is helpful in their lives, how they changed, and why they feel Islam makes them better individuals.

We cannot hope to understand Muslims or Islam, if we stay oblivious of what Muslims say concerning their experiences with their religion and living in the West.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

Get off it already. All you are interested in is converting people. People DO have good experiences in the west and the west is supporting the billions of people who left the east and Muslim countries, dont you find that ironic?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

she was responding to me? OK.

why do so many muslims move to the west?

8. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i dont want to convert. in fact, i want to persuade other people not to convert to islam.

9. CheskiChips Banned Banned

What if we don't care what their experiences were? What about those of us who don't want them here if they're going to complain and act like they have rights. America is a melting pot, but you have to change who you are to be a part of it...OR stand outside of it and not complain. I'm not part of, but I don't ask for special treatment, rights, and I don't act like I am better than them. I'm discriminated against, my parents were discriminated against. My grandparents lived in poverty. My great grandparents farmed just to have something to eat, and couldn't find work. And their parents came over on boats, one of them came alone when he was 9 years old on a boat from Europe. When they went to the south and they said "No Jews allowed" they didn't complain. They built their lives from the bottom up, and today thank heavens I have something. You muslims come to the west and you provide nothing for society, but you complain the most. Go home.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

As usual, a Moslem screaming about dehumanizing people when they are the kings of Dehumanization:

Every one not a Moslem is either a Bigot, Infidel, Zimmis, Dhimmi, or Zionist.
    or a combination of any of the 4.

DiamondHearts, your are one of the worst at throwing the bigot labile's at everyone but your own.

11. Gustav Banned Banned

When I, a westerner and a former practicing Christian, became a Muslim, I became just that - a Muslim, a believer in the religion of Islam, i.e. someone who believes in the oneness of God as opposed to the concept of Trinity and who accepts Mohammed (pbuh) as a prophet of God. I'm the same person with the same name, wearing the same western style of clothing (though now respecting the modest dress code of Islam) and eating the same style of food (though now making sure that my meat is halal). I have not rejected my country, its culture or tradition. I simply now hold different theological beliefs.

When I became a Muslim, I did NOT adopt an alien culture or become an Arab, a Pakistani or anything else. Nor did I sign up as a supporter of a variety of nationalistic independence or separatist struggles around the world - Palestine, Chechnya, Kashmir, Indonesia - just because the protagonists happen to be Muslims. (Micheal Young)

an obvious infidel
    bow down to your arab overlords, bitch
    they now own you

12. Gustav Banned Banned

this here micheal young also asked......why are you here?

Muslims constitute a small minority of the UK population and the great bulk of Muslims who do live here are non-indigenous - first or second generation immigrants. They either chose to settle here and/or not return to their (extended) families in an Islamic country. Which brings me to my final and most important point. What Muslims consider "indecent" advertising is but one small aspect of a British society which places little or no worth on the values Islam holds dear. It is a society which prevents Muslims from attending to even their most basic duties - how often in the last year have you been able to attend weekday Zuhr salat in a mosque or even pray it anywhere on time? It is a society which corrodes the Muslim soul and whose all-pervasive influence imperils the Islam of the next generation of Muslims - do you have any idea of the atrocious behaviour of many Muslim pupils, male and female, in the state school system?

This begs the question: Why have so many Muslims chosen to forsake Dar al-Islam where these influences are much less to the fore? Why have they chosen to come to live here and stay here where there is so much that is injurious and unconducive to their Islamic faith and morals? Prophet Mohammed (saw) has told us:

"To strive for the cause of Allah from daybreak to noon and sunset is better than the goods and enjoyment of the whole worldly life."
    (Bukhari)

bye!
    don't let the door hit you on the way out!

13. John99 Banned Banned

14. John99 Banned Banned

15. Gustav Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and there you have it
    the muslim experience

lets play spot the diamondheart and kadark

16. Gustav Banned Banned

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Damn I missed some good demonstrations. Where were those? Freedom of expression zindabad!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Like Slavery?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No that is still going on. Human trafficking is the fastest growing business in the world today.

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You mean the one without the didactic marks? Is that the one you read?

I often tell Scientologists they should go to the original writings of Ron Hubbard if they want the good stuff. It's written in transdimensional alpha centauri hieroglyphics invisible to all but the most devout.

Read between the lines SAM, find the hidden meaning in the Qur'an. Then and only then will you be happy.

:bugeye:

So? Did you ever find something novel and enlightening in there yet? I seem to remember "Universality" came up. Although the idea is neither Universal not do Muslims regards all beliefs equal - "people of the book". So, that was a dead end. Anything else?

Oooo Ooooohhhh wait, I forgot, Islam is a "continuation"... although nothing enlightening was added in this continuation. Mohammad just needed to clean up a few of the places and names and fix that Jesus thing and add a couple stories about himself. THAT was the continuation!

:roflmao:

bLiNkY-a4 up up and aaaawwwwwaaaaayyyyyyyyyiiiiieeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Traditional Muslims societies traded human Slaves, I must assume this is one of those Islamic values that has been lost.

22. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Please start your own thread then.

This is not the place to discuss validity or lack thereof of a particular religion (it is the politics subforum, is it not), this thread was created to discuss the political situation of Muslims in America.

I find the lack of Moderation in this thread appalling.

This is a low point for even you, Spock. Indeed, when one's entire outlook is blinded by hate and founded upon lies, then what more is there to expect from one who cannot think outside his hate-filled view of the world.

As Muslims, we must cope day and night with hatred and bigotry from some segments of what is known as Western society because of the ignorance we encounter. Individuals hate us not for our personality or our individual characteristics, but for the religious group we are associated with. This is a challenge for all Muslims living in the West, from the cradle to death, they must deal with hatred and bigotry.

Children, growing up as Muslims, in a Western society with a vocal, hate-filled segment who wishes harm to them, is the challenge all Muslims must face in the West. There is no US vs. THEM. Muslims are part of the West. Muslims will only increase in population due to conversion and birth rates, Islam is a reality which will stay in the West whether people like it or not.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Have you read it yet?

I find it highly puzzling why you have so many opinions on what I choose to follow as my religion. Exactly what do you hope to achieve by this?

Contemporary atheist leaders have been mass murderers so I assume that is an athiest value. Assumptions are free.