moving important files

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Stoniphi, May 22, 2013.

1. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Update: The Zinstall guy is giving me the runaround on a refund.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He was supposed to refund the charges through PayPal because his software did not work to migrate from an HDD to a SSD. I may have to go to PayPal and see if they can help me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

i've run into quite a few dealers that absolutely refuse to do business with paypal.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

PayPal does not give refunds for software purchases so I had Bank of America back the funds out of Zinstall's account through PayPal due to Zinstall's inability to do what they said they would do. The Zinstall migration software did not work to do that. They said they would credit my second software purchase from them with the price of the first software purchase but they did not do that and instead charged me the full purchase price amount for both.

They promised me a refund, but that turned out to be a delaying ploy in order to attempt to keep my money. I kept all of the email exchanges I had with them as those prove my contentions of fraud.

Further consultation with a knowledgeable tech informs me that the most functional program and data migration program available is from 1 Windows OS to another Windows OS and then only on an Intel to Intel cpu machine setup. It won't work with an AMD in the mix or another OS.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

I am not exactly sure of your geographic location, but I am fairly proficient (my moniker does not mean what most people seem to think!) at "talking" people through computer problem resolution "over the phone". I charge nothing for this service if, I repeat if, no phone charges are incurred on my end (I have "free" long distance and reside in cont. U.S.).

If you really need competent help, PM (I think it is called) me, dmoe!

8. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

I thank you very much for your kind offer of assistance, however I have just gone ahead and put the stuff I need on the new machine the usual way without utilizing any migration software. I have installed CS instead of re - buying CS5 and am filling any gaps with a new copy of Elements, Corel Paint and GIMP. I am building another new machine with that toasted SSD that I plant to install Linux Ubuntu only on to see how that works out.

I am in Detroit and am moderately proficient with desktop systems myself, though there is always more to learn.