Motorola V3 RAZR SIM CARD???

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by night, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. night Science Man Extrodinaire Registered Senior Member

Hello, i am in the market for a used RAZR and none include a sim card. Do you get these when you buy a service/ pay as you go thing??? Explain plz!!!!!!

Night

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

A Sim is associated with a users account. So either 'pay monthly', and then you'll need to have a credit check, set up an account, and then get sent a Sim, or 'pay as you go', in which case you can probably just buy one for a tenner in most phone shops, and slap it in any phone you choose, and after a couple of Sim updates, the phone will be a PAYG.

Why a RAZR, particularly, anyway? Sounds like this will be your first phone, and the RAZR gets mixed reviews (as well as Motorola kit not generally being very reliable). Maybe a better choice for a first time user would be a Nokia? I've had a few, and they all still work just fine, and Nokia come top in most reliability surveys.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. night Science Man Extrodinaire Registered Senior Member

Actually you make a good point, yes this will be my first cell phone, and I had heard mixed reviews on it but i do like its features, it can do alot. But it may not be the wisest choice considering im looking for a pay as you go plan(only to move up to a monthly service once i have a steady income, at 16 my job is landscaping and only work every so often) point being i may not need those fdeatures YET. Does Nokia have a phone that offers plenty of features at arelativly low cost?

Night (A New-b at the cell phone business)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

With Nokia, they have phones from very little money, to lots of money, their range is huge. Your job is landscaping, so will you be using your phone at work? What features must this phone have? Camera? .mp3 player?

I really would avoid a second hand RAZR, as they seem unreliable, and you don't want to spend your cash on something that is broken, and that the seller wants rid of. I'd only go for one on contract, so if it breaks, you can get a replacement under warranty.

Anyway, make a list of the desired features, and star there.

8. night Science Man Extrodinaire Registered Senior Member

Alright thanks.

9. dylanshultz Registered Member

but the v3 razr dosent take a simcard. its internally. but there is a slot for external memory. if im wrong please let me know because i just bought one from verizon and i want to turn it into prepaid. thankyou verry much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.