Mother called Diana a 'whore'

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Jan 17, 2008.

1. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

Usually royalty doesn't marry the lower classes, but there are exceptions. Like:

Rainier III, Prince of Monaco married Grace Kelly.
    King Edward VIII abdicated his throne to marry Wallis Simpson.
    Emperor Akihito married the commoner Michiko Shōda. Their daughter also married a commoner and reliquinshed her royal status.
    King Harald V of Norway also married a commoner.

I have to say I never liked her. I find everyone suspicious who openly does charity work and appears 'altruistic'.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ripley Valued Senior Member

But in the case of the British monarchy, Edward, as you pointed out, abdicated, and Charles I'm sure is Royal to the T. Anyway, didn't they shop around for the "right" bride?

I know what you mean, but a bored princess who is rigorously stuck with the tradition of having to uphold a public image, whether she liked to or not, had no other choice but to comply. Except that I truly believe Diana came to understand that she also had an impact against the establishment if she was careful enough to manipulate it within her restricted image—as she learned well enough to use the media against Charles. I mean, she didn't need to extend herself and touch an AIDS' patient—she could have simply been photographed alongside him. The public stigma in the 80's against the AIDS' infection was outstanding. And again, in her later year, her work to abolish landmines—those gruesome and barbaric weapons that exemplify modern man's cowardly hipocrasy—was also another non-popular but controversial issue she didn't need to adopt—but to which big governments weren't too pleased to see her campaign against. She was still young and learning the ropes.

Anyway, few people touch me in my deep isolation—but Diana was one of the very few living who somehow and mysteriously could reach across the void.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

She became one, she wasn't always one. She was a commoner when Charles married her, I thought everyone knew that. It's not like she went from Charles to some average bloke she happened to fall in love with, she seemed to be attracted to money and power.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Her father was a viscount, then an earl, upon which Diana's title was Lady Diana Spencer. Aren't viscounts and earls aristocrats?

Well, that's a rather uncompromising surmise to reach, and on the surface perhaps that's how it might look, and depending on who's being surmised, I doubt Jacqueline Kennedy was accused of being a gold-digger when she married Onassis.

I mean, when someone is stuck with a high social profile in an extremely restrictive environment, accessibility to such a person becomes equally restrictive. Ultimately, it couldn't be just anybody who could approach her in confidence in order to spark a personal attraction. And having gone through so many psychological changes—she would have had to, to accommodate an insulated royal lifestyle and the indignity of a marriage break-up—one's personal sympathies and sensibilities would have become hardened and demanding: again, only someone with an equally toughened ego would be able to penetrate her guard.

8. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

What about Princess Mary. Common or garden Tasmanian chick who snared herself a prince ( Danish)
    Just like in Disney!
    Oh, and by the way I was a humble spud before I hooked up with The Spud Empress. Fairytales do come true.

9. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Gosh—I didn't mean to say what I did at the snob level.

10. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

It's alright, I quickly adopted her plum in mouth, snobbish ways.
    We have a name for snobbery in our house (castle), conversation.

11. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

forced? whos forcing you?

12. mountainhare Banned Banned

Ripley:
    Apparently that isn't true for the royalty of Denmark...

13. superstring01 Moderator

She was blue-blood... just not particularly high-up on the blue-blood food chain. Many of the nobility have sunken, the Windsors have taken that into consideration when choosing mates. Plus, theres the current need to infuse some new DNA into the family cells. They know that as well.

~String

14. Ripley Valued Senior Member

And I call it chit-chatting so as not to give it airs.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think is is so very sad her mother would go that low. There is nothing she did that would merrit that kind of treatment. I think it says more about the mother than it does the daughter.

16. Carcano Valued Senior Member

So, youve admitted that she found herself locked into a marriage her husband didnt want...and then complain about her sex life when she is finally released???

What did you expect her to do...become a nun?